I SHOULD JUST GIVE UP!!!

Options

Replies

• zeke1964
    zeke1964 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hey we all want to quit at time but the pain of quitting is 10 times the pain of keeping going.........trust me I know from experience. HANG IN THERE!
  • kddarrow
    kddarrow Posts: 24
    Options
    are people seriously not getting the joke here? lol

^^^this^^^ Some of these replies are crackin' me up! Soooo serious - c'mon folks, it's supposed to be funny!!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    What the hell is "carb free"?
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options

It's when they don't charge you for 'em !
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

I thought it was when you let them out of their cages so they could roam, like nature intended.
  • Rey305
    Rey305 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    TROLL
  • pineapplenpears
    pineapplenpears Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/new/978540-i-should-just-give-up

Hahaha This made my day!! I suggest punishing your daughter for daring to wave her unfinished pancakes under you clearly undisciplined nose. Keep it up! :)
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Life would be so boring if we could do everything "perfectly"...

...and as I once read (and agree with), to do everything perfectly, every time one attempted to do so, would take all the fun out of trying (just imagine how incredibly 'lifeless' life would be if there wasn't ever a challenge, and we weren't ever presented with moments and circumstances in which we needed to 'get back up', and move forward)...

After reading a thread here earlier tonight, and seeing mention of something I'd not heard of before, I did a search... and ended up on someone's blog... and then on a page where they'd posted several quotes...

When I read your post, I thought of two of the quotes --

If you get up one more time than you fall you will make it through.
    ~ Chinese Proverb

Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong.
    ~ Ella Fitzgerald

So... in addition to the many folks here who are conveying encouragement, you have ancient Chinese proverb sages, and Ella -freakin'- Fitzgerald speaking their minds, as well... and we're gonna 'hug it out' now (c'mon everyone -- group hug time)... ;)

Oh, and I meant to add... there's a reason many avail themselves of a 'cheat day' (or moment!), so to speak... we are all human, after all... ;)
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be mean or insensitive, but I'm not certain if the OP was serious or not.

If you were serious, everything will be okay. I admire your dedication to your cause, but one simple bite will not undo all of those months and months of hard work. You can't deny yourself forever; allow yourself to be human. Also, if you are really concentrating on a no-carb healthy lifestyle, try to bring your daughter on board too! It may make things easier.

If you weren't being serious, that was seriously funny! You pulled that off perfectly!
  • t7mitch
    t7mitch Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Here you go, OP:

chocolate-pancake-cake-101.jpg

Feel better?

Heck, if he doesn't, I sure do!!!! mmmmmmm YUMMMY!!!!
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be mean or insensitive, but I'm not certain if the OP was serious or not.

I wanted to be sure to err on the side of caution, just in case...

...but if they weren't serious, then I'd be happy to offer a special homemade coupon for an 'all you can eat' day at an IHOP location of their choosing... ;)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Come on now ! Stop beating your self up. And why are you feeding your daughter pancakes covered in sugar and fat ? Maybe, if you give her healthier food it will help you in the long run too. You have lost 33 lbs. That is tremendous. Keep going we all give in totemptation, this is life

Ummmmm.....what is totemptation?

Its not a what, its a who. She is calling you "totemptation" and exhorting you to quit just like the rest of us.

NO! Totemptation is when the pancakes are stacked high like a totem pole and that makes them even MORE tempting. Duh!
    totem-pole_88.jpg

OMFGTHISISTHEBESTGIFIVEEVEREVEREVERMADEEE.gif

OR

when a girl wears a totem inspired outfit that highlights her vajay-jay and thus makes her look tempting to anyone obsessed with vajay-jay's. Adidas-Totem-Polesinspired-Athletic-Wear.jpg
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    BTW... mind if I borrow some? I have not met my maple macro's in awhile.

s-FREE-IHOP-PANCAKES-large.jpg
  • faely
    faely Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    "I lost 33 lbs! yay!!!!!"

"I had a bite of pancake, I SUCK! I'm going to kill myself now."

Gimme a break. :yawn:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I am a complete and total failure. I have given into temptation. I ate a bite off of my daughter’s pancakes. She was done and i just could not resist. I just don't have what it takes to do this. How can i possibly expect to lose weight when i don't have the strength to say no to a carb covered in sugar and fat? I will never be able to do anything right. Carbs for crying out loud, flipping carbs, i know better. I have been carb free for 3 months and now this. I am a complete and total failure. I shall go now and suffer the wrath of destruction that must become of someone like me.

tumblr_lphgvrF1D81qbcu0no1_500.gif
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options

I thought it was when you let them out of their cages so they could roam, like nature intended.

Those are "free range carbs."
  • cristinadsantos3
    cristinadsantos3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    A lot of people will feel the same way as you when they give in to temptation. Just know that you are not alone and a mouth full of pancakes is nothing to sweat over =) Keep Calm and Carry On!
  • Gongfu_1960
    Gongfu_1960 Posts: 23
    Options
    Seems like kind of a valueless "joke"...People offer support, and you call them gullible...for responding to your (admittedly ridiculaous sounding) cry for help...I don't see what's funny about it, actually.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Hey look! Another fake thread (not in Chit-Chat) that causes people who don't get the joke to offer genuine support. Watching others be duped into being helpful and express sincerity is so hilarious.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I really feel like this is probably a joke.... but....

If you feel so deprived of carbs that you are cheating, then stop doing the keto diet... seriously... it's not the end all be all of weight loss.