I SHOULD JUST GIVE UP!!!

Options

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Oh for crying out loud. You ate a bite of pancake? So now you feel like giving up? Are you serious?
  • zigalayho
    zigalayho Posts: 1
    Options
    Look into the Fast diet, or 5:2. Then you can have your carbs on certain days. I could never give up a complete group of foods. And I think life is too, too short to have to do that. I've lost 10 pounds in 6 weeks on 5:2 and I love how easy it is to live with. I can eat dinner with my family on special occasions, and I don't have to beat myself up if I want a bite of pancake. I just can't have it on my 'fast' days. I'm not saying it's for everyone and I'm not asking to be bashed for my choices, etc. Just giving you something to look into.
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Here you go, OP:

chocolate-pancake-cake-101.jpg

Feel better?

That would generate enough energy for the biggest kamehameha ever!
  • challenger9509
    challenger9509 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    "My daughter and wife
    My well being
    My extremly sexy future body. : )
    to increase my awesomness beyond normal human limits"

These are YOUR inspirations!

Taking a bite of a pancake does not affect your awesomeness! Do NOT let it define the rest of your day!

You are not going to give up! :noway:

AGREE 110%
  • kddarrow
    kddarrow Posts: 24
    Options
    Funny post....although I think LizL217 was right, most people aren't getting it! :huh: :huh:

C'mon folks...he's not reeeaaaallly giving up. If that's all it takes to make a person throw in the towel then that coffee w/ cream & sugar I just drank would've pushed me over the edge!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you are one of those that says "carbs" when you mean grains. Unless you have really not eaten anything but meat for 3 months.

I'm also assuming your post was meant to be humorous?? But I must admit it doesn't make much sense to me. I'm not sure why you'd feed pancakes to your daughter if you believe grains are bad, or why you'd think one bite is reason to "give up". And what is it you intend to give up?

because children should not be put on a diet. ever

Oh, so once you no longer need to diet will you start eating grains again?
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I am a complete and total failure. I have given into temptation. I ate a bite off of my daughter’s pancakes. She was done and i just could not resist. I just don't have what it takes to do this. How can i possibly expect to lose weight when i don't have the strength to say no to a carb covered in sugar and fat? I will never be able to do anything right. Carbs for crying out loud, flipping carbs, i know better. I have been carb free for 3 months and now this. I am a complete and total failure. I shall go now and suffer the wrath of destruction that must become of someone like me.

Not to get too far in to the impact of going without carbs specifically...
    I think that when you draw such a well defined line in the sand, "I won't eat carbs" or "I won't eat any refined sugars," or anything like that, you set yourself up for failure. It doesn't seem practical to say "I'll never" about much of anything that really should not be an issue when done in moderation.

Set your numbers for high protein, low carbs if you like, then keep things in your numbers.

You can only hold your breath for so long.
  • otrtrack
    otrtrack Posts: 2
    Options
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!? Look how far you have come!!! You had a lousy bite - go easy on yourself! You are not perfect - but you have made incredible strides - and you will continue to do so! You are a wonderful miracle with dedication and determination! You can do this - and you will. A bite is just that - a bite. Now go about your day - eating the calories you are alloted - exercise - be full of joy - share your beautiful smile and slimmer, gorgeous body - and move on out! Sending love and encouragement!!! Hang in there!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I have a patient who never finishes her yummy meals set before her by her mom. I habitually finish them for her. It's ok, it happens. You brush yourself off and get back on that pony!
  • TheCherryMama
    Options
    Man those kiddo left overs, or testing when cooking. I have learned to give it straight to the dogs! Poor dogs, I am going to have some fat chihuahuas! THE MOST POWERFUL WORDS YOU CAN USE IN ARE : "I DON'T EAT THAT." Say it out loud. I have so turned myself off certain foods my doing that. And also going Paleo! Better than the low carb thing, it's so satisfying, I have lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks. I was skeptical too, because nothing happened for the first 2, than it was like my body adapted and it all kicked in. Stay strong :-)
    thecherrymama.blogspot.com
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Here you go, OP:

Feel better?

I knew if i hung around long enough I would get another picture to drool over...now off to eat my oatmeal, blueberries and wheat toast with peanut butter :laugh:
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Umm, how about the fact that you've been carb free for three months?!! If that's not a NSV I dont know what is. I am so addicted to carbs, I can't go a day without, and you went 90...so you had a bite of pancakes...who cares, you could have had a stack and probably still been on track...don't beat yourself up...you're doing great!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Here you go, OP:

Feel better?

Hahahahahahaha....the whole episode would literally just be him eating the pancakes in his hyperbaric chamber and his internal monologue...Then he would charge at the end and see freeza's face of panic!
  • StudioMaid
    StudioMaid Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!!! We are all a work in progress. I myself have stopped many times but start right back up. I'm worth it and so are you. Keep on going, you can do this. GO, GO, GO!!!
  • owhitley
    owhitley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok, now that you got that out your system, pick yourself up and dust off the powdered sugar and get back on it. As they say, a bend in the road is not the end of the road, unless you fail to make the turn. Make the turn. Good luck!
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Here you go, OP:

Feel better?

Hahahahahahaha....the whole episode would literally just be him eating the pancakes in his hyperbaric chamber and his internal monologue...Then he would charge at the end and see freeza's face of panic!

Ummm no.....the hyperbolic time chamber was in preparation for the androids. Freeza was long dead by then......duhhhhh
  • jdad1
    Options
    Ok, now that you got that out your system, pick yourself up and dust off the powdered sugar and get back on it. As they say, a bend in the road is not the end of the road, unless you fail to make the turn. Make the turn. Good luck!

I did not have powdered sugar, come on, I am not that crazy.
  • luvBabybear
    luvBabybear Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Come on now ! Stop beating your self up. And why are you feeding your daughter pancakes covered in sugar and fat ? Maybe, if you give her healthier food it will help you in the long run too. You have lost 33 lbs. That is tremendous. Keep going we all give in totemptation, this is life
  • jdad1
    Options
    Come on now ! Stop beating your self up. And why are you feeding your daughter pancakes covered in sugar and fat ? Maybe, if you give her healthier food it will help you in the long run too. You have lost 33 lbs. That is tremendous. Keep going we all give in totemptation, this is life

Ummmmm.....what is totemptation?
  • tinabyoder
    tinabyoder Posts: 5
    Options
    Go easy on yourself! One bite of pancakes? I always eat a bit off my daughter's pancakes. I just plan on it. I build in the calories. That way I don't beat myself up over it. You are holding yourself to an impossible standard. You have lost 33 lbs! Holy cow. You have got to work hard to keep the big picture in mind each and every day. It is a marathon, not a spring.