Worst diet advice!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Eat 500-800 calories a day, lean protein only. Get vitamin injections and take pills for energy.
    Oh, and this was a professional.

A professional said this? OMG they need to lose their license!!!
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Omg that's hilarious!!

I've been told that toasted bread doesn't have calories. The act of toasting it incinerates the calories!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Can't stop laughing!
    It's the same thing with all the food we cook I guess HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAAHAH omg this is HILARIOUS!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    9LV65ue.jpg

This has more than a few that make me facepalm.
    Mixed in with some good advice as well, which in a way is even worse

How exactly do 7 and 17 go together? Supposed to have all your veggies before lunch and for dinner just have eggs and meat, I guess? O.o

what is a real breakfast as opposed to a fake breakfast?
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    FAT FLUSH RECIPE!!
    Make the Recipe in Water Bottles.......Place In the Refrigerator and Just Take 2 or 3 Out to take with you, if you know you won't be home for long periods of time!!!
    The longer it sits, the better it tastes. You can eat them as well but they are intended as flavoring and still work, so that is a personal choice. The Vitamin C turns fat into fuel, the tangerine increases your sensitivity to insulin, and the cucumber makes you feel full. Try it for 10 days and see what you think!

Ingredients per 8 oz serving

Water
    1 slice grapefruit
    1 tangerine
    ½ cucumber, sliced
    2 peppermint leaves
    Ice – as much as you like

Directions
    Wash grapefruit, tangerine cucumber and peppermint leaves. Slice cucumber, grapefruit and tangerine (or peel). Combine all ingredients (fruits, vegetables, 8 oz water) into water bottles.
    Close Cap Tightly, Shake, Put In The Fridge Over Night, Take Out a Few Bottles for the Next Day & Enjoy!"

This has been floating around Facebook, I had to tell my friend this probably isn't legit.:noway:

I saw this one and thought about how quickly I would die. I would not be able to hit the epi-pen quick enough! (Citrus oil allergy!)
  • keyserzozie
    Options
    Broken biscuits don't contain any calories. The calories leak out and dissipate when you break them. Wait a minute - do you think that ISN'T true???
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Okay, so this advice was not given to me, but to my sister:

"If you want to lose weight, you need to smoke pot." Uhm.. Yeah, go ahead and pick up a disgusting and unhealthy habit so you'll be less fat, that makes sense. The person telling her to do this went from "plump but healthy" to "thin but haggish" in a year's time with her "pot diet".

While I think it is ridiculous to do this for weight loss, I am wondering why you think it is a disgusting unhealthy habit. If your info has come from the media then I completely understand. The media likes to stereotype and twist facts to their own agenda. Oh well my organization will continue to get the truth out.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    We moved my in laws from VA to NY this past week. There was a box of that Sensa crapola in the bedroom. Turns out it's my mother-in-law's. I didn't even bother saying anything. :huh:
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    This has more than a few that make me facepalm.
    Mixed in with some good advice as well, which in a way is even worse

The "go to bed hungry" one shocks me. If I go to bed hungry I'm going to be getting up at 2 am and eating anything with in sight- with out prejudice. - a pizza- bakers chocolate- frozen vegis- left overs- the cabinet- the dog .... doesn't matter it will all be gone by sun rise!

Baker's chocolate... now that is desperation eating! :sick:
  • RochelleEllis44
    RochelleEllis44 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I saw this on Facebook too and I have been trying it, not for the fat flushing angle but another way to get down water. It actually tastes good and has been a great way to get the water down because I hate drinking water. We all know that drinking water is good for the body for whatever reason we drink it.
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Drink a full liter of water before sitting down to every meal, and make sure to eat or drink nothing after 5pm.

I would say 7pm but it does work for some people.

Mine was to eat a few bowls of soup a day and join the cross country team running 4-6 miles a day for practice. Yeah my soup intake was about 800 cals a day. Lost a bunch if weight very fast but not sustainable.
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Broken biscuits don't contain any calories. The calories leak out and dissipate when you break them. Wait a minute - do you think that ISN'T true???

LOL My friend told me this trying to get me to split a red velvet cupcake with her! As she cut it she goes "Look, all of the calories ran away!" :laugh:
  • chesq77
    chesq77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Ok so I put this here as just starting out...all those "know it alls" come out of the wood work. Your co worker, neighbor or even friends suddenly become nutritionists with all the answers to your weight loss problems.

The worst advice I have received thus far (and I actually laughed right in the woman's face :/) was: " you want to lose weight, just eat the same meal every single day at the same time. Doesn't matter what it is, it just has to be the same food. It doesn't matter what you eat for the rest of the day...but make sure every single day you have that one meal at the same time"

ummmm ha??? ~So if i eat 2 big macks, 2 large fries and a nice chocolate shake every day at noon...I can lose weight?. And there are over weight people in the world because why? ~ SMH I am pretty sure I stopped listening to her ramble on about why it works as soon as I stopped laughing at her!

What's yours?

hahha i eat the same thing for about 2 months, then i might switch it up, and relatively around the same time every day lol but its clean food not big macs and fries! lol i find it works for me and easier since i cant cook to save my life, does get boring though lol
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    ''If you want something bad eat Ice cream because it goes through you as it is more like liquid'' that's the advice of my close friend who is a 'fitness nut' trying to justify eating ice cream and to this day he claims he is right. still looks the same, but he is definitely right lol

LOL that is as bad as saying since ice cream is so cold, you burn up calories heating it up! No seriously that was what I was told.

LOL...perhaps they have a dairy allergy and ice cream really does "clean" them out.
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    One guy told his friend to eat 1000 calories and burn 800 calories...that way she would lose weight. I was too dumbstruck to reply.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Not a weight loss one but still really bad advice. Someone told my husband I could cure my T2 diabetes by having a coffee enema every day. While I love coffee I don't think there is anything I love enough to do that with it.

Now I'm going to go toast a danish and break it in half so it has more fiber and no calories.
  • unicornlady77
    Options
    LOL!!!
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    FAT FLUSH RECIPE!!
    Make the Recipe in Water Bottles.......Place In the Refrigerator and Just Take 2 or 3 Out to take with you, if you know you won't be home for long periods of time!!!
    The longer it sits, the better it tastes. You can eat them as well but they are intended as flavoring and still work, so that is a personal choice. The Vitamin C turns fat into fuel, the tangerine increases your sensitivity to insulin, and the cucumber makes you feel full. Try it for 10 days and see what you think!

I've seen that one! It's on Pinterest as well. I reposted it on Facebook with the disclaimer that I doubt it does what it says it will do, but if it helps you drink more water, go for it.
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Not a weight loss one but still really bad advice. Someone told my husband I could cure my T2 diabetes by having a coffee enema every day. While I love coffee I don't think there is anything I love enough to do that with it.

Now I'm going to go toast a danish and break it in half so it has more fiber and no calories.

I don't even...
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Cotton balls soaked in orange juice.

WTF?

I second the WTF LOL
  • tts30
    tts30 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    eat one meal a day with a glass of epsom salt and lemon.
    [/quote]

...you can eat epsom salt?

If you mix it with water and drink it. its a laxative. totally gross lol