Worst diet advice!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• Pfgirl2006
    Pfgirl2006 Posts: 9
    Options
    I think of the Devildwears prada eat nothing all day and then when you feel like you're going to pass out, eat a piece of cheese
  • ChanceTakr2131
    Options
    "You can eat whatever you want during the day and lose weight, but you HAVE to stop eating at 7pm."
  • bodaciousbeatnik
    bodaciousbeatnik Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I quit my 12-pack of diet coke a day habit by superhydrating with about 16 glasses of water with a tablespoon on cranberry juice added. I call it personal magic-- if I have to DO something to make it work, other than to Do The Next Right Thing, I feel as if I am making some effort.

Good idea! I can't stand drinking too much plain water for some reason. I've bought a few crystal light packets and those Mio things, but that seems like a much cheaper and great alternative!
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Okay, so this advice was not given to me, but to my sister:

"If you want to lose weight, you need to smoke pot." Uhm.. Yeah, go ahead and pick up a disgusting and unhealthy habit so you'll be less fat, that makes sense. The person telling her to do this went from "plump but healthy" to "thin but haggish" in a year's time with her "pot diet".

no expert but doesn't that crap give you the munchies (or is that just TV stereo type lol)

Pot gave me the munchies and made me act stupid and eat junk all the time. The "pot diet" was a total waste of good money. (I didn't smoke it to lose weight, I smoked because I was young and rebellious). POT MAKES MOST PEOPLE LAZY!
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I saw a sign along the road about the hcg diet - lose 60 pounds in 30 days - 2 pounds per day?!?!?!?!
  • tptouchdown
    tptouchdown Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Fad diets don't work. You may lose weight short term but you won't be able to keep it off. The only way to maintain weight loss is to modify your behavior and life an active life style. If you can't go out to any restaurant and find something to eat then you are not on a good long term program.
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    :: Omg that's hilarious!!

I've been told that toasted bread doesn't have calories. The act of toasting it incinerates the calories!

wow! :huh:
  • barnzey901
    barnzey901 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oh my! I can't believe that would actually come out of someones mouth!!
  • kelfran1
    kelfran1 Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    Cotton balls soaked in orange juice.

Um, what are you supposed to do with the cotton balls? :frown:

(pleasedontsayeat. pleasedontsayeat. pleasedontsayeat.......)
  • tptouchdown
    Options
    OMG! Some people will try anything but getting off the couch and stop eating junk food.......
  • kikirichards
    kikirichards Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was told by one of the friendly trainers at my gym to stand with your feet hip width apart,
    put a hand on each thigh, give it a good push/shake,
    take your hand off and count the seconds it wobbles for.. Confused i did this, my thighs wobbled for 2 seconds, She then told me that i should lose twice my body weight and that this was an accurate way to measure my progress at the gym if done monthly....
  • jettacay
    jettacay Posts: 4
    Options
    Toast has no calories ha ha ha ...... and cookie breakage causes calorie leakage. yep that will work!!!!! Too funny
  • tptouchdown
    Options
    I don't know if this is scientific.... but if it works for you!
  • kelfran1
    kelfran1 Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    I was told by one of the friendly trainers at my gym to stand with your feet hip width apart,
    take your hand off and count the seconds it wobbles for.. Confused i did this, my thighs wobbled for 2 seconds, She then told me that i should lose twice my body weight and that this was an accurate way to measure my progress at the gym if done monthly....

LOL, is that a typo or did she really tell you to lose 'twice your body weight'?
  • kikirichards
    kikirichards Posts: 16 Member
    Options

LOL, is that a typo or did she really tell you to lose 'twice your body weight'?

Nope, not a typo, she told me to lose twice my body weight.. i walked away very confused!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Sigh. Everyone was healthy back then cause they had to burn more calories catching and collecting the next meal to be able to feed everyone in their tribe!! They walked/ran moved everywhere. Not just diet!! That paleo thing drives me nuts. Yes, eat whole foods, its good for your body....but no, its not cause 'thats what our ancestors ate and they were healthy' its cause they exercised, all the time, just to get places!

They also weren't necessarily healthy... Or happy!
    True!

And their life expectancy was what, 25 years or so?
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Oh, another favorite of mine is:

"Let us wrap your body with these herbs and you will lose 25 lbs in half an hour"

LOL!! OMGosh.....if that was true, sign me UP already!! I'd be at goal by tonight if this was true.....but as they say, if it sounds too good to be true, it is!! Bummer.... ha ha ha
  • CharlesLadd
    CharlesLadd Posts: 39
    Options
    The "eat only grapefruit (or grapefruit juice) and bacon diet" has to win a prize.
  • silenthunder
    silenthunder Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The "eat only grapefruit (or grapefruit juice) and bacon diet" has to win a prize.

I think this only works if you wrap the grapefruit with the bacon then broil it for 20 minuts
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I personally *dislike* seeing someone who only eats about 800 calories a day, giving someone advice. I'm sorry..I enjoy my food and I will NOT starve myself to be skinny. Eat your food..its good for you!