Worst diet advice!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

Someone told me: Eat for four days of the week and drink nothing but milk the other 3 ... :sick:

Anyone will lose weight if they don't eat 3 days a week. People are stupid.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Not so much diet advice, but someone once said after they give birth they'll probably need plastic surgery and won't be able to afford it. I suggested she could fund the surgery by selling her pee to desperate quick fix-ers who will inject it to lose weight (I wasn't serious and I don't think she was either).

Calories don't matter if you regularly inject yourself with pregnant woman urine.
  • tts30
    tts30 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    eat one meal a day with a glass of epsom salt and lemon.
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Omg that's hilarious!!

I've been told that toasted bread doesn't have calories. The act of toasting it incinerates the calories!

LOL, My friends husband just told me that. I started laughing and said, you're not serious right? Lol. What you think, they magically disappear? Lol
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I remember back in the 90s when the non-fat craze started. As long as you didn't eat over 25 fat grams a day (or around the number), you could eat whatever else you wanted. All the non fat foods, breads, pastas, potatoes you could eat. It didn't take long to see that was a mistake. I kind of wished it worked. My aunt gained so much weight because she ate nearly a 3 cups of non-fat yogurt every night. She couldn't understand why. "But it's non-fat!"

This is my mom. That's the only thing that matters to her - non-fat. I have 2 diabetic sisters .. my mom will whip out the fat-free salad dressing, and when they say they cant have it (tons of sugar) .... she says "why? it's FAT-FREE"

Lol, That cracked me up
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    i was talking to my mom when she was telling me how someone told her.

instead of having ketchup with fries have ranch dressing. you can have more and you are eating healthier....

i looked at my mom and she looked at me.... and we both cracked up laughing xD
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Omg that's hilarious!!

I've been told that toasted bread doesn't have calories. The act of toasting it incinerates the calories!

i cant help but just laugh at this one. xD like wtf?
    are you ****ing serious?
  • jessicae1aine
    jessicae1aine Posts: 885
    Options
    Omg that's hilarious!!

I work at a chain sandwich shop. I had one girl who told her friend they couldn't toast their sandwiches, because toasting them added calories. -sigh-
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    "You won't lose weight if you eat any more than 1200 calories" - Jenny Craig & the dietitian at my Dad's surgery

"If you want to lose weight, you need to stop exercising" - Dietitian

"There is no such thing as a sugar addiction" - Dietitian

"You don't need to work out, you're thin" - So many idiots

I've learned to trust my OWN instinct now, haha
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    eat one meal a day with a glass of epsom salt and lemon.

...you can eat epsom salt?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Oh, another favorite of mine is:

"Let us wrap your body with these herbs and you will lose 25 lbs in half an hour"

I just want this to be true. So. Hard.

and I'm gonna spend every spare dollar I can get my grubby little hands on trying it, because it has other benefits too.

like feeling a nice soothing massage.
    detox-body-using-body-wrapping-800x800.jpg
    having a nice lady put a warm blankie on me and tell me to "relax" and leave me alone in a quiet room for an hour.
    formostar+2.jpg

getting to be naked in front of someone I'm paying and not having it be "awkward".
    fotolia_2993286_XS.jpg?h=10000&w=400&keep_ratio=1

getting to experience exotic and relaxing strange sensations
    8130187966_c14e2444bd.jpg
    getting to find out what a sushi feels like
    seaweed-wrap.jpg

getting dirty 1-29-02-2008-15-19-112.jpg
    getting to feel what a tamale feels like
    spa-katy-tx104.jpg
    checking off the "male" preference box. every. single. time.
    istock_000001737930_l.jpg
  • Mara_
    Mara_ Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    'Yeah, you can drink this vodka while on a diet. Alcohol doesn't contain any calories'.

Hmm, I WISH.

'You won't lose weight if you eat 1800 calories a day'.

Yes I do.
  • leopardlushh
    Options
    "Eat once a day WHATEVER you want and that's it!!". Yes I'd love for my metabolism to stop functioning.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Omg that's hilarious!!

Actually, I heard that toasting it gives it more fiber! LOL!

Worst diet advice, this was from the town MD: try this anti-depressant for weight loss. It wasn't an antidepressant, it was a Phen (speed) drug. I saw him weekly, he monitored my rising bp, heart Irregularities and then prescribed Xanax when I couldn't sleep.

Uppers and downers, the cure for what ails you.

Jan
  • Aruba08
    Aruba08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    hilarious replies and I have heard alot of them. That Hcg diet shocked me. I had to google as had never hear of it. On a slightly different note, I am baffled at how much people will say "ah go on sure have a little bit of cake". I reply...sorry it will mess up my low carbing and knock me straight off. This co-worker then said....sure if you cant treat yourself youll get depressed and never lose any weight!! Wtf?!?! o_0
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to seafood, it makes me throw up. More than once someone has suggested I intentionally eat it 'every so often' so I can routinely throw up for a few days and lose some weight....

how about no?
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    "Only drink water"

Yeah no thanks lol
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Eat like your ancestors because back then everyone was healthy.
  • MusicLee_
    MusicLee_ Posts: 19
    Options
    LMAO
  • MusicLee_
    MusicLee_ Posts: 19
    Options
    Eat like your ancestors because back then everyone was healthy.

that's the paleo diet thing...