How often do you clean?

Options
DalekBrittany
DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
I know this seems like an odd topic, but I'm just curious what the "norm" is.

I grew up with parents that made me do chores, mostly dishes and garbage (I know! Poor me :sad:) but somehow, the house was never clean. Laundry everywhere, animal fur everywhere, we cleaned maybe once a month. Maybe.

Now I clean daily. The daily routine includes vacuuming, sweeping, dishes, emptying the dishwasher, general tidying up,making the bed, if that even counts and cleaning the glass end tables/coffee table with glass cleaner. Those suckers get dusty.

Once a week (Fridays, actually) we also do a more thorough cleaning that includes dusting, polishing the wood furniture, mopping, scrubbing the toilets, sinks, and tubs, shining the hardwood floors, cleaning the walls if need be, along with everything else listed above. It sounds like a lot, but it's not too much work considering I clean every day, so there is never much that is dirty. I personally enjoy cleaning. I'm a bit of a clean freak so I like things to be clean and shiny and tidy. It's just a matter of getting off my *kitten* to do it! :laugh:

I was just wondering what other peoples' cleaning habits were like. How often do you clean? Do you love it/hate it?

Replies

• KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Please, America, legalize same sex marriage so I can make this woman my wife!

(For as bad as I am at cleaning, I will make up for it in the bedroom)
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    Everyday, don't enjoy doing it but love the feeling afterwards. It's necessary as I have pets, children and a husband!

I bet you don't enjoy when they all come back and make a mess of it though. I have been guilty of this and experienced it first hand, so I know that feeling, haha.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Once a week I will give the house a good clean. I tidy up everyday though so it never really gets dirty.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    Please, America, legalize same sex marriage so I can make this woman my wife!

(For as bad as I am at cleaning, I will make up for it in the bedroom)

Hey, it's legal in CT. My fiance is down with the three way. :smokin:

Well, in that case, my apartment is about to get REALLY clean! I'm moving out!
  • bronx1101
    bronx1101 Posts: 48
    Options
    I clean everyday, too. As soon as I pop up out of bed, that sucker gets made. And all the other stuff you named sounds pretty much like what I do daily. I hate dirt and despise clutter.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    Once a week I will give the house a good clean. I tidy up everyday though so it never really gets dirty.

Yeah, it makes it a lot easier to do I think if you keep up on it. Then it doesn't seem so daunting.

& Amanda, you better at least be good at makin' sammiches or something. Either that or the bedroom thing better be enough skill to carry you. I rate harshly, no pass/fail in my bed! :wink:

Edited because I derped on your name. I am a bad person! :sad:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

^^this!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

^^This. I have 5 kids, and they are required to help. It gets done so much faster that way. And we do the thorough week-long spring/fall cleaning sessions twice a year.

***Edited because I can't spell on Fridays...
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I get maid service myself!
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Everyday I tidy and clean as needed but on a weekly basis the house gets the heavier cleaning.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    I have no idea what the norm would be because I have been on both ends of the extreme, but I am glad to see that I am not, in fact, a freak. Well I am, but I'm not a freak in terms of cleaning too much. Additionally, what is your favorite/least favorite task?

I think my favorite would be mopping and sweeping, and my least favorite is definitely dishes. Esp silverware. It ****in' sucks.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I'm a clean freak as well. :heart:
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    Kaleidoscope, you better at least be good at makin' sammiches or something. Either that or the bedroom thing better be enough skill to carry you. I rate harshly, no pass/fail in my bed! :wink:

I used to work at Subway, I'm basically a natural at making sammiches. Actually, I got hired at Subway and then had to turn down that position for another. BUT I HAVE POTENTIAL!

Oh, and of course I can cook, why do you think I got fat in the first place?
  • Mumbles83
    Mumbles83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Couldn't imagine not having a clean home !!! everyday !
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I am a neat freak so I have a maid every week and I pick up daily.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options

Dear lord a man that cleans! Can we have more of these on the thread? Please?
  • Mumbles83
    Mumbles83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options

Hahaha ! well no one else is gonna do it !
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options

Marry me.

Like I mentioned earlier, I suck at cleaning, but I'm skilled in other areas :wink:
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    I go through phases where I will clean like crazy every single day and then I go through phases where I clean nothing for like, a month.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options

Marry me.

Like I mentioned earlier, I suck at cleaning, but I'm skilled in other areas :wink:

I'm usually not okay with inviting people to the party without discussion, but he's cute so I will let this one slide. :laugh: