How often do you clean?

Options

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    We do heavy cleaning every Sunday. That includes scrubbing the toilet, vacuuming and washing all the floors and finishing laundry. But daily we do dishes, garbage, laundry.

I hate doing dishes, but i don't mind doing laundry. Thank god my fiance is an awesome teammate. He does the dishes and the floors, i do everything else
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I do as much cleaning as my kids will allow! We try to keep a relatively tidy home. I vacuum twice a week, clean the bathroom once a week, and do about 3 loads of dishes every single day. I hate to have a messy kitchen so it's probably the cleanest room in the apartment lol. I don't dust all that often (even though I want to) simply because I don't have time. Between the preschooler and the infant, my time is limited.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    We do heavy cleaning every Sunday. That includes scrubbing the toilet, vacuuming and washing all the floors and finishing laundry. But daily we do dishes, garbage, laundry.

I hate doing dishes, but i don't mind doing laundry. Thank god my fiance is an awesome teammate. He does the dishes and the floors, i do everything else

Can I borrow him? lol. My fiance doesn't clean at all, but he is the only one working right now so I let it slide. When I get a job though, he best be prepared!
  • Mumbles83
    Mumbles83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Couldn't imagine not having a clean home !!! everyday !

Dear lord a man that cleans! Can we have more of these on the thread? Please?

Hahaha ! well no one else is gonna do it !

Marry me.

Like I mentioned earlier, I suck at cleaning, but I'm skilled in other areas :wink:

I'm usually not okay with inviting people to the party without discussion, but he's cute so I will let this one slide. :laugh:

Ummm slow down here ! haha
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    Ummm slow down here ! haha

Hush dear, the ladies are talking :flowerforyou: :laugh:

All in good fun! In reality I am happily in a committed relationship so I do hope no one takes me seriously.

Ah who am I kidding, of course no one takes me seriously!
  • mxcum167
    mxcum167 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Not enough, according to my wife. I believe in quality not quantity. :tongue:
  • DavidC1857
    DavidC1857 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Umm. Clean?

I try to keep up with the dishes. I think I have a vacuum around here... somewhere.

I moved bedrooms this winter. I'm pretty sure there was enough dog hair under the bed to make a whole new dog. And I think there is some form of new live evolving in my toilet.

Basically, minimal.
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Please, America, legalize same sex marriage so I can make this woman my wife!

(For as bad as I am at cleaning, I will make up for it in the bedroom)

Hey, it's legal in CT. My fiance is down with the three way. :smokin:

Legal in WA. 4way?

Oh also I clean a lot. And I bake. I'm like level 60 housewife.
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I clean every single day, =) And I love it because its a good workout that uses both arms and legs and it gives me a relaxing feeling that I can sit and do my work peacefully! XD
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty neurotic and obsessive about cleaning. I'm a full-time SAHM and housewife so I feel like if I don't have a clean house I'm a.) not being a great mom for my toddler and b.) doing a bad job at my "job". I'm actually "on break" right now and going to go back to cleaning when I'm done posting this lol.

I grew up with a mom who was a pack-rat. Our house was not dirty like "unclean" but it was always kind of cluttered and unorganized. I hated it! I moved out as soon as I graduated HS at 17 lol.

For me I feel like there's so many benefits to having a clean uncluttered home that they far outweigh any "un-wantingness" or an aversion to cleaning. I have grown to enjoy the act of cleaning quite a bit and the feeling when I'm done with my chores every day make me feel proud and accomplished. I know that I am fulfilling my half of the commitment to my husband to make sure that he and my son are well taken care of while he works to support us.

If there was a chore I would say that I liked the least it would be sweeping and mopping. We have a lot of solid surfaces in our house (a 2000 sq. ft. tri-level plus basement) and though I like the hygienic part of limited carpeting, vacuuming is SO MUCH easier, lol.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    It's never as clean as I want it to be. I have grand ideals, but I need a week without the kids to make sure my 'organization' piles don't end up strewn from one end of the house to the other.

Other families I know either don't have clean houses or employ a maid service once every two weeks. It doesn't make me feel as bad about the chaos I live in when I know they have to get outside help.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m6amz34TFY1qdwg1r.jpg
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    If I see a mess I clean it!
  • TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    Options
    Laundry - twice a week
    Litter boxes - trice a week
    Bathrooms - every two weeks
    Trash - as needed
    Bed - every week
    Floors - every week
    Dishes - buy new ones every two weeks
  • AnDiallo
    AnDiallo Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Every dayyyyy!
    I can't stand a dirty flat, and I cook a lot, so the place needs to be cleaned regularly.
    Dishes, sweeping, mopping, the lot!
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    my husband and i tidy up as we go along every day. he loads the dishwasher every other day or so. things stay pretty clean in our place without having to truly clean. we don't really own much in the way extraneous stuff and everything we do own has a specific place it goes. it has to or we wouldn't be able to live so happily in such a tiny space as a 1 bedroom 550 square foot apartment. every few weeks we do the whole sweep, vacuum, mop, dust thing.
  • dfitz0321
    dfitz0321 Posts: 2
    Options
    I don't clean often enough. I remember my mom spending so much time keeping our home spotless when we were kids. Then when we were all grown up she commented that she wished she'd spent more time with us instead of cleaning the house. I think of her comment to excuse myself from feeling guilty about not cleaning more often. My house isn't a pig stye, but with dogs and cats, does have some animal hair around, and some dust. It's clean enough to be healthy.
    However, I think your post has motivated me to go do some cleaning :-) That way we can enjoy a clean house over the weekend.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    Can I borrow him? lol. My fiance doesn't clean at all, but he is the only one working right now so I let it slide. When I get a job though, he best be prepared!

when my husband moved in with me i suggested we get a cleaning lady. the thought made him uncomfortable so i made a deal with him. if i ever, even once, have to ask him twice to clean something i get to hire a cleaning lady. i thought it was a great idea. i thought surely it will work in my favor! alas, 5 years later, still no cleaning lady.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have a cleaning lady that comes over once every two weeks (and she does windows AND laundry!) In between, I probably vacuum once. The kitchen gets cleaned every day and the bed gets made. I'll do a few loads of laundry in there. I don't like cleaning at all, although I don't mind doing laundry. Then again, I don't have kids, my dog is small and doesn't shed, and I don't have a lot of "stuff" so there's no clutter.
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    Please, America, legalize same sex marriage so I can make this woman my wife!

(For as bad as I am at cleaning, I will make up for it in the bedroom)

Hey, it's legal in CT. My fiance is down with the three way. :smokin:

Legal in WA. 4way?

Oh also I clean a lot. And I bake. I'm like level 60 housewife.

Um, duh. :heart: