How often do you clean?

Options

Replies

• phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: my cleaning habits are a lot like yours! it does take tiding almost everyday & once a week that is when furniture is moved & vac'd! deep cleaning like bathrooms scrubbed from top to bottom, floors scrubbed & kitchen cleaned in every way! bed linens changed & washed! i have 5 cats so i have to clean everyday in order to keep the cat hair up & i like a nice & tidy house always! people come to my house & they are surprised because they can't tell if i have 1 cat much less than 5 of them!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Same as the OP, clean up every day and deep clean once a week. With two little kids at home, I could not imagine not cleaning every day. Ugh.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I make my bed the moment I'm fully awake. I vacuum the place once a week. Dishes I do the second I'm done eating/cooking/drinking, unless I got the Itis then I wait until I'm mobile again. I sweep/mob the kitchen twice a week, and the bathrooms once a week. Bathroom mirror and counter I do every other day. Once a month I would do like fixtures and windows and what not.

I'm not OCD but I do enjoy things being clean and smelling nice around me.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Couldn't imagine not having a clean home !!! everyday !

Dear lord a man that cleans! Can we have more of these on the thread? Please?
    I think I end up doing most of the cleaning at home... seriously. Yard work, bathrooms, kitty litter, trash/recycle, and most of vacuuming fall to me. We each do our own laundry and clean up our own clutter. Kitchen duties we split. Dusting is usually her deal. I would rather scrub the toilet than dust.
  • TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    Options
    Please, America, legalize same sex marriage so I can make this woman my wife!

(For as bad as I am at cleaning, I will make up for it in the bedroom)

Hey, it's legal in CT. My fiance is down with the three way. :smokin:

Legal in WA. 4way?

Oh also I clean a lot. And I bake. I'm like level 60 housewife.

I don't think one person should be allowed to just stake ownership of you. I feel we need an auction so everyone has a fair chance.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

Legal in WA. 4way?

Um, duh. :heart:

Hell yes!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options

Legal in WA. 4way?

I don't think one person should be allowed to just stake ownership of you. I feel we need an auction so everyone has a fair chance.

She's been mine for a while now. No auction necessary!
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    It's never as clean as I want it to be. I have grand ideals, but I need a week without the kids to make sure my 'organization' piles don't end up strewn from one end of the house to the other.

Other families I know either don't have clean houses or employ a maid service once every two weeks. It doesn't make me feel as bad about the chaos I live in when I know they have to get outside help.

Yeah, I look at things and they are clean, but they could always be cleaner. Luckily for me, I do have time to clean them, as I do not have little ones!

There are a lot of people on here that say they employ a cleaning lady so often, I don't think I have the money for that even once, lol. But again, no kids, and saving up for loads more things. I'm sure it is easier to just have someone do it occasionally so you can relax. Then again I like cleaning, so I think it would take away my joy. My tune may change when I have babehs though! lol.

And to the lone who posted about clutter, my house was dirty AND cluttered. I don't like looking at clutter now, and I think the word has become subjective, because I see things as clutter that others would not define that way. Right now I'm looking at a pair of socks on the other couch, the vacuum sitting where it shouldn't be, the phone on the table instead of on the base, and there are a couple of dog toys on the floor that the dogs pulled from their basket and I haven't put back yet. To most, that probably is not cluttered. To me...I'm about to get up and fix it because I'm tired of looking at it. lol
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    <sigh>
    Not enough. I wish I did more, or at least had enough consistency to answer the question.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I do the every day things: dishes, laundry, general tidying. Once a week it's the vaccuuming, bathrooms, wash floors, dust, windows......etc

I have trained my family to pick up after themselves, so it makes the weekend cleanings easier.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    <sigh>
    Not enough. I wish I did more, or at least had enough consistency to answer the question.

Same here. The only things I do consistently are doing the dishes and cleaning the litter box.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

Legal in WA. 4way?

If you mean dandelion, she offered up her services. No auction needed :smokin:
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I get maid service myself!

haha, yup! I pay a lady $50 per session for a biweekly clean down. I try to maintain it til she gets back
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    I get maid service myself!

haha, yup! I pay a lady $50 per session for a biweekly clean down. I try to maintain it til she gets back

WTF?! The one time I hired a maid, it was $220 for a 1.5 hour session. And I cleaned some of the apartment before the b!tch got there!
  • luckyshilling
    luckyshilling Posts: 229
    Options
    Once a week I will give the house a good clean. I tidy up everyday though so it never really gets dirty.

Ditto

I don't really like cleaning, so I make myself tidy up for at least half hour when I first get home in the evening before I can get distracted by other more fun things. Laundry is Thursday night. And once a week I deep clean floors, windows, shower etc..
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Everyday.

It sounds awful, but I find that if I do half an hour a day and one "special" project a week that the house stays clean and I can spend the weekend with my family.

I love Stephanie O'Dea's Totally Together, which takes you week by week in a sane way (no perfectionism there) through a weekly routine and through a weekly "project" which keeps your house organized.

My big issue: My DH had a mom who never asked him to do anything so while, after 20 years, he will clean up after himself in the kitchen, he never picks up after himself unless he falls over it. And, he keeps everything on the chance that he may need it one day.
  • Andrea681
    Andrea681 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I grew up with an extremely tidy mother in an overly tidy house.. and now I am the same way. I vacuum, dust and do a general tidying up of everything every day. Laundry is done daily as are dishes. Beds are made daily (I cannot stand to sleep in an unmade bed). Once a week we do a very through cleaning consisting of mopping, washing windows and dusting everything (including baseboards and light switches). I just can't stand a messy house. We have a dog and even though she sheds she is probably the cleanest dog ever. Haha. She must get that from me.

You aren't weird. You're just clean. Better than being a slob. :)
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Floors and the kitchen are done every day (dog) I do a load of laundry every other day and iron once a week. Beds are made daily and linens changed once a week. Bathroom sinks, mirrors and counters get a daily wipe-down, toilets get a scrubbing every two days and showers and tubs get a once-a -week deep clean. Dusting is every 3 days.

Deep cleaning (windows, ceiling fans, baseboards, carpet, etc., etc.,) is every 3 months.

My mother was a neat freak and trained me well. Hopefully, I've done the same with my kid. My husband was ... not well-trained and at some point, I'm probably going to have to kill him.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I do a quick clean once a day, dishes, clean up garbage, do laundry if it needs to be done. Sweeping and dusting two to three times a week. Bathroom and Floors once a week. Its a must as I have pets and a husband who doesnt know how to clean (he'll try but i swear he just makes a bigger mess for me). OO keeping the lawn tidy is once a week two, normally split into two days.
  • dark_angel1554
    dark_angel1554 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I (much like some of the others here) don't do it as often as I'de like..... I have a pretty hefty schedule so it's hard to make time for it. I live alone, in a bachelor suite so cleaning is pretty easy though. I try to do vaccuuming, bathroom scrub, kitchen scrub (nix dishes, which is a daily task) at least once every 2 weeks.