• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Nice! Cinnabon here I come!

Now we're talking!
  • Cup11
    Cup11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I actually take it in pill form ( 2000 mg a day) and it has cut down my cravings for sweets pretty well. I also take ginger root and bee pollen but those two have nothing much really to do with sweet cravings. Good Luck! and you can purchase it at Walmart
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    http://correct-weight-loss.net/2011/08/16/cinnamon-for-weight-loss/

Some very interesting reading. Oh well, back to my cinnamon green coffee (yeah actual green coffee, not pills)
  • jyc1
    jyc1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    People have choked to death on cinnamon. Current YouTube fad. Watch videos. be carefu;.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    564498_10152186190024057_720978773_n.jpg

So that makes This^^^^ calorie free food???? Count me in.

spongebob-imagination-o.gif
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon is recommended for those of us who are insulin resistant to help, but we still have to eat healthy and exercise. It's legit, it's just not a "miracle spice" on it's own.

This

I add one teaspoon of ground cinnamon to my cooked oatmeal. I stir it thoroughly and I then eat the mix (oatmeal+ ground cinnamon)
    I have seen it used as a topping for very sweet puddings (again a TSP or less). Never dry and never on its own. No "cinnamon challenge" for me.

Metabolism speed up. How do you measure that ? This is too subjective.
  • Raven2evil
    Raven2evil Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon helps metabolize sugar better so yes it does help speed up your metabolism so using it with diet and exercise should help.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I actually put a little cinnamon in my coffee, tea, milk, food....whenever I can have a dab of it when out. It controls any cravings I have at that time. I have a tiny little container with some in it I take with me when I go out shopping, so that way I don't impulse buy some food just cause 'I would love to have some of that now'

Cinnamon is actually a very good appetite suppressant & helps with your blood sugar.

All you need is the smallest of dabs on the end of your finger. Hell even Coke Zero tastes great with it.... strange as that seems.

I love the people who say it's BS....yet have not tried it at all or found out how natural it is & what it can do.

Tell me more how natural cinnamon is. :laugh:

:laugh: I laughed out loud. :drinker:
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    screw that have some habaneros, that's get your metabolism fired up
    AND you'll drink a gallon of water,
    there ya go.
  • FrankieTrailBlazer
    FrankieTrailBlazer Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    CINNAMON
    Cinnamon is a highly regarded spice for its ability to increase insulin sensitivity. This property makes cinnamon an important nutrient for reducing body fat and reversing chronic diseases such as type 2 diabetes. Mehtylhydroxy chalcome polymer, MPCP, is the chemical in cinnamon that produces this change in insulin sensitivity. The metabolism-boosting effect of cinnamon can be achieved by consuming 1 g per day. You should consult a doctor before starting a new herbal treatment.

One effect of improved insulin sensitivity is that high energy foods are preferentially oxidized rather than stored as body fat. The body's primary metabolic fuels -- fats and carbohydrates -- are often called high energy nutrients. Improvement in insulin sensitivity assures that high energy nutrients are effectively utilized. It is easier to lose body fat when high energy nutrients are utilized effectively.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/388476-diets-that-speed-up-metabolism/
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Raw cinnamon like that is supposed to be toxic, actually. I can't remember how much per body weight and all that jazz it is, but if you take too much you'll poison yourself.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    This is not rubbish. Cinnamon is used by many athletes, among others. It has many uses. It lowers blood sugar among other things. So, many diabetics use it.

My mom did, and it was something she discovered on her own. She noticed that she felt better and that her morning blood glucose would be lower than usual the day after eating "diabetic friendly" baked cinnamon apples for dessert the night before. Initially she credited the apples before figuring out that it was the cinnamon and that spiced tea worked just as well. She never claimed cinnamon helped her lose weight, though.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    This is a joke, right?
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    AngelicxAnnihilation Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    jan._30_cinammon_challenge.gif
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    So i was talking to my mom the other day and she was telling me about this guy she works with who before he eats a meal will take a shot of pure cinnamon before he eats it. she said he has done this for like 4 months and eats like a pig and has lost 70 lbs. so i looked it up online and it does say that a teaspoon of cinnamon before a meal will speed up your metabolism by 20% for 20 min after you have eaten your meal. Just wondering if anybody else has tried this method as well?? Thanks.

So let's apply some logic and do some math here. Even if I take this at face value and cinnamon really does speed up my metabolism by 20% for 20 minutes, what does that really mean? Well, I'll use myself as an example here: I know (because I've had my RMR tested recently), that my TDEE is roughly 2700 calories per day. So how much extra would the cinnamon help me burn? Let's see: 2700 calories / 24 hours / 3 (to get my TDEE for 20 minutes) = 37.5 37.5 * .2 (for 20%) = 7.5 In other words, if I were to do this, I'd see 7.5 extra calories burned per meal. The problem here is that cinnamon is not calorie free. In fact, it has 6 calories per tsp (per the USDA listing), so the net effect, if taken at face value is a grand total of 1.5 extra calories burned per meal, or 4.5 per day if I do this 3 times a day.

Maybe it's just me, but that hardly seems worth it.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Just stop.

dontwalk-hand-400x.jpg
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    jan._30_cinammon_challenge.gif

I couldn't get the whole one to upload :(
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    So i was talking to my mom the other day and she was telling me about this guy she works with who before he eats a meal will take a shot of pure cinnamon before he eats it. she said he has done this for like 4 months and eats like a pig and has lost 70 lbs. so i looked it up online and it does say that a teaspoon of cinnamon before a meal will speed up your metabolism by 20% for 20 min after you have eaten your meal. Just wondering if anybody else has tried this method as well?? Thanks.

So let's apply some logic and do some math here. Even if I take this at face value and cinnamon really does speed up my metabolism by 20% for 20 minutes, what does that really mean? Well, I'll use myself as an example here: I know (because I've had my RMR tested recently), that my TDEE is roughly 2700 calories per day. So how much extra would the cinnamon help me burn? Let's see: 2700 calories / 24 hours / 3 (to get my TDEE for 20 minutes) = 37.5 37.5 * .2 (for 20%) = 7.5 In other words, if I were to do this, I'd see 7.5 extra calories burned per meal. The problem here is that cinnamon is not calorie free. In fact, it has 6 calories per tsp (per the USDA listing), so the net effect, if taken at face value is a grand total of 1.5 extra calories burned per meal, or 4.5 per day if I do this 3 times a day.

Maybe it's just me, but that hardly seems worth it.

Math is for winners. :drinker: