cinnamon to speed up metabolism...

Options
1235»

Replies

• chesq77
    chesq77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    i use to take a cinamin capsule and all i know is cinnamon just helps with giving you sweeter tasting bodily fluids, if you catch my drift. did not lose any more weight as i would have without it.
  • 777twist
    777twist Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I haven't really done the cinnamon thing... however... and this isn't for weight loss, but for taste, I put a crap load of Cayenne Pepper on my pasta, not to mention a lot of Habanero sauce on my toast and eggs.

Not sure if it helps my metabolism or not. Just like stuff HOT!!!

The downside for sure is you have to keep tissues around, as you will have to blow your nose! Kinda gross, but NO PAIN NO GAIN!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    People have choked to death on cinnamon. Current YouTube fad. Watch videos. be carefu;.

That's the challenge....nobody here was suggesting ppl try that..... only those with the only knowledge of the challenge have. Shows how little people know.
  • craftydeb
    craftydeb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sounds like rubbish to me.

The results part, yes....however, the NIH has conducted research on this topic:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2901047/

I use cinnamon as part of the assistance with my type II diabetes...
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    Cinnamon works, I use it myself. I buy the capsules so you don't choke on the powder. It has been proven to reduce blood sugar levels as well as or better than most prescription medicines. There are two types, cassia or false cinnamon and ceylon or true cinnamon. Although both have some effect cassia is not as effective and can have some side effects over time. Ceylon is much more effective and has no know side effects. All hot foods will raise metabolism to some degree. Try it, see if it works for you.

No, burning more calories than you eat works.

I didn't say anything about weight loss. Try actually reading the post before you slam it.

So your trying to raise your metabolism just for a laugh then? Just for kicks?
  • EniBee
    EniBee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    well i should have been more exact... this guy i refer too is eating meats and veggies. but huge portions of them. i shouldnt have made it sound like he was eating unhealthy foods. and he does work out too. but he swears by the cinnamon.

He is probably on the Dukan Diet. I have heard about cinnamon as well, but have not tried it. African Mango seems to have similar effect, so they say! I am on my 3rd day of taking the african mango capsules and obviously its too early to comment on its effectiveness. However, yesterday, I must say that I felt hungrier than I usually do.

Does anyone take freshly squeezed lemon in the morning before eating? This is also helps the waistline!
  • EniBee
    EniBee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    To raise your metabolism, just increase your level of activity!!!!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    To raise your metabolism, just increase your level of activity!!!!

Does not always work that way. I am on the go all day, like fully active all day. I dont think I can increase anymore than I already am without giving up sleep.