biggest loser challenge week 1

Options

Replies

• futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    Ok so have a question for yall. Most of yall have watched the biggest loser if you could pick who would be your trainer and what color would you be?

I would actually like jilian and I would want to be pink, blue (in support of my officer), or red ( in support of my fireman)
  • need_to_lose
    Options
    I would totally pick Jillian and be on the black team. I like how Jillian gets the people to work to their potential. She could so kick my butt.
  • jkohan
    jkohan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I hope you all had a good day...tomorrow is hump day already! LOL Just got home from the gym a bit ago. I'm pleasantly surprised it went as well as it did. I'm definitely suffering from a sinus infection and hate the clogged ears and nose. It started with an upper body workout with the trainer (145 cals burned) that included:
    2 step bicep curls - 15lb weight bar - 4 sets of 12 reps
    2 step bicep curls - 8lb weights in each hand 4 sets of 12 reps
    tricep curs - 5lb weights - 2 sets of 12 reps
    shoulder lift and shoulder press - 18lb weight bar - 4 sets of 12 reps
    isometric squat and chest pull - 2 sets of 12 reps
    balancing on Bosu Ball (on back hips off the floor) bench press - 18lb weight bar - 2 sets of 12 reps
    balancing on Bosu Ball (on back, hips off the floor) chest flys - 8lb weights in each hand - 2 sets of 12 reps
    reverse tricep - 15lb on pulley machine - 2 sets of 12 reps
    upward row - 20lb (1st set), 25lb (2nd set) on pulley machine - 2 sets 12 reps
    40 min elliptical - 2.71 mi (336 cals)
    20 min treadmill - 1 mi (143 cals)

I'm wondering if I should still or if I can still do my pushups! LMAO....ugh...I'll see how I am feeling after I shower...I'm thinking NOT.
  • momieof2
    momieof2 Posts: 98
    Options
    I got 50 push ups in today. My arms are killing me :indifferent: Did my Gilad workout. He really kicks my butt. Off to a very good week. Hope everyone else is. :wink: I would be the Bob and on the pink team.
    Options
    Loving the biggest loser tonight :happy: ::bigsmile:
  • jkohan
    Options
    I would pick Bob's team too....not a Jillian fan.
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I am soooo IN!!!! Watching the finale right now :) I LOVE BIGGEST LOSER

The contenstants are super inspiring, if they can loose that much weight I can work my butt to loose the 30 pounds I'd like to

This challenge will be GREAT motivation - cant wait to get started. I'll see if I can manage to do my 50 push ups tonite or if I will start this tomorrow
  • mom2mykiddos
    mom2mykiddos Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'd pick Bob, for sure. Jillian would have me crying the whole time....I'm a wimp.:cry: And I'd be on the pink or red team.

Those pushups are killing me.:noway: They make drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day seem like child's play.

Go Losers! :flowerforyou:
  • need_to_lose
    Options
    Well I did the last 25 pushups. My arms are screaming right now. It's a good thing, right???
  • jkohan
    Options
    Well I did the last 25 pushups. My arms are screaming right now. It's a good thing, right???

Yep...screaming muscles are a good thing! LOL
  • akb2006
    akb2006 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I would love to join too! I will start doing the 50 push ups a day starting tomorrow (weds). My current weight is 239 my goal weight for the end of the 18 weeks is 195. I haven't been below 200 since the beginning of middle school. YIKES! I can't wait to get there!
  • Live_Aloha
    Live_Aloha Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I just saw this post (officially started MFP this past weekend & am still working my way around the site!). I'd love to join this challenge :)

Just wanted to throw something out there if anyone is interested...another challenge I participated in assigned points for certain items...for example: we earned points each week for how much water we drank (7 points max for drinking at least 8 cups of water a day for the entire week or 1 point for each day we drank at least 8 cups of water); earned points for exercise (7 points max; 1 point for each day we exercised for at least 30 minutes); earned points for staying on-plan (in this case, staying within our daily caloric intake; 1 point for every day on plan). This helped us not only to focus on losing the weight, but also helped us focus on developing healthy habits, which in turn resulted in weight loss. Not sure if the above idea would work here, but just wanted to throw it out there. Oh, and we reported in weekly as follows:
    Water = # points
    Exercise = # points
    OP/Om Plan = # points

Good luck everyone! :)
    Kalena
  • jkohan
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Have a fabulous hump day. ;)

I did end up doing the 50 pushups before bed last night....here's to a kick *kitten* day!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I would love to join too! I will start doing the 50 push ups a day starting tomorrow (weds). My current weight is 239 my goal weight for the end of the 18 weeks is 195. I haven't been below 200 since the beginning of middle school. YIKES! I can't wait to get there!

I am totally rooting for you to do it that will be such a major acomplishment!!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Good morning evryone love the way the group is growing and can't wait to hear about everyone success along they way I don't know why but hearing success stories I get this warm fuzzy feeling it's like you set out to do something and it was achieved is so rewarding!!!

OK now that I got that out the way LOL if I had to pick a trainer I would totally pick Jillian don't get me wrong Bob is great too but I want someone who wont bend!! The color I would want to be is pink or blue I have seen some great results made in those colors!!
    Pink has rocked it the last 4 seasons!!!
  • ashehoff
    ashehoff Posts: 14
    Options
    Is it too late for me to join? I've never done one of these, and I've never seen the show :blushing:

I will just throw out some info- I am at 143 and working towards 110 (I'm only 5'1"). I have a desk job but I am really dedicated to going to the gym, not so dedicated to eating right...

Looks like this will end the last week of September? My birthday is the 28th so what a great present to myself!

I really think I can get down to 110 by then. 18 weeks is a long time! I really want to keep up on this challenge. But I'm not sure how it works. Is it the person that loses the MOST weight wins? Because I don't think I can lose more than 33lbs! :noway:

Any way- any feedback would be great :wink:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Koli would have won the whole thing im so sad for him his dream was in america hands and we let him down I saw through the cocky exterior he was trying to build himself up for something he never thought was possible and it came across wrong. I think the blue and yellow teams really set the tone for what we can do if we put our minds to it they had the most time at home and they all looked amazing!!! The pink teams have rocked the last 4 seasons and Michael and his mom looked great also. The brown team didn't seem to put up much effort to me personally just IMO or the green team the daughter either they could have gotten more out of an oppurtunity so many wish to have. They are still casting for season 10 can't wait til this fall. Who is going to watch Jillian show this summer?

What all do they do in the casting call?
    Options
    No it's not to late. On the show it is the weight but it is decided by the % of weight loss. I hope you reach your goals
    Is it too late for me to join? I've never done one of these, and I've never seen the show :blushing:

I will just throw out some info- I am at 143 and working towards 110 (I'm only 5'1"). I have a desk job but I am really dedicated to going to the gym, not so dedicated to eating right...

Looks like this will end the last week of September? My birthday is the 28th so what a great present to myself!

I really think I can get down to 110 by then. 18 weeks is a long time! I really want to keep up on this challenge. But I'm not sure how it works. Is it the person that loses the MOST weight wins? Because I don't think I can lose more than 33lbs! :noway:

Any way- any feedback would be great :wink:
    Options
    awesome job on doing the push ups last night.
    Good morning everyone! Have a fabulous hump day. ;)

I did end up doing the 50 pushups before bed last night....here's to a kick *kitten* day!
  • erikaperry
    erikaperry Posts: 6
    Options
    I joined MFP on Monday and just saw the challenge today so I need to catch up...
    I will struggle my way through the push-ups (and take my 16-year-old daughter with me!!)...here's to upper body strength!
    Since I have two 40th birthday cruises to attend, this will keep me focused and on task. I want to boast my 40 pound weight loss in honor of my friends' birthdays!!