biggest loser challenge week 1

Options

Replies

• momieof2
    momieof2 Posts: 98
    Options
    cn: Good job on passing up the cake and pizza! We had a going away party in the offie today, I managed to stay away from the cookies, cheesy dip, and pizza (it was my favorite too! Pepperoni,,,,mmmm) but caved on the cake. Only two bites though, but man that was costly. Jillian kicked my butt tonight! But for the first time I didn't stop on any of the cardio. Next.....no stopping on the upper body stuff!

You too! Good Job!!! :flowerforyou:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    whats the 30 day shred program ??

The 30 day shred workout is a 30 day program that consist of 3 levels designed by Jillian Michaels the trainer from the biggest loser. The workouts are about 20 or so mins and you would think that's not long but she kicks butt!!!
  • charis2032
    charis2032 Posts: 64
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred video is available at Target for around $10.....it's the longest 20 minutes of my day and totally worth it!
  • jkohan
    jkohan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I haven't done my 50 yet...not sure I'm going to get it in tonite. Here was my workout today:

30 min Abs and Core with the trainer: (140 cals)
    planks
    side planks - with 5lb weights
    isometric leg hold
    isometric lifts with body ball
    Elliptical - 3.77mi 40 min 321 cals
    Treadmill - 1.22 mi 20 min 159 cals

Everyone seems to be doing an awesome job! Welcome to the new people who've joined us!!
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Challenge - 350 Push Ups in 1 Week

Monday - Sick
    Tuesday - 50
    Wednesday - 50 My arms hurt - But it feels so good
    Thursday - 75 - My arms are soooo numb I can't even feel them :ohwell:
    Friday -
    Saturday -
    Sunday -

WOW !! 75 Push Ups.. Good for you, thats amazing :) Before you know it you'll be doing a hundred a day...

Im nervous to see how swore my arms will be tomorrow since this was the first time doing this challenge for the week...I thought I couldnt even do one push up. Little did I know, once you put your mind and whole body into it, you can do one..two.. or heck ten! I already know it will help tone all over!
  • lovebrittnie
    Options
    hmmm... are these real pushups, or can i start on my knees or something?
  • charis2032
    charis2032 Posts: 64
    Options
    50 pushups.....!
  • erikaperry
    erikaperry Posts: 6
    Options
    Being a late starter is KILLING me!!!! Determined to stay on task, I did 100 pushups yesterday and 100 today...I look forward to ONLY 50!!!! Crazy, huh??
  • need_to_lose
    Options
    Just got done with my 50 pushups. My arms are like jello. When will it be easier cause it seems like it is getting harder and harder. But I am not giving up.

Challenge: 350 pushups

Monday: 50
    Tuesday:50
    Wednesday:50 (arms are screaming)
    Thursday: 50(arms are jello)
    Friday:
    Saturday:
    Sunday
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    cn: Good job on passing up the cake and pizza! We had a going away party in the offie today, I managed to stay away from the cookies, cheesy dip, and pizza (it was my favorite too! Pepperoni,,,,mmmm) but caved on the cake. Only two bites though, but man that was costly. Jillian kicked my butt tonight! But for the first time I didn't stop on any of the cardio. Next.....no stopping on the upper body stuff!

Nice job!! Isn't it a great feeling knowing that your gaining self control over those type situation. Also, I know about that 30 day shred me and Jillian have went a couple of rounds none to completion glad your at the point where your going all the way through I can't wait to hear about your success Keep it up!!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Just got done with my 50 pushups. My arms are like jello. When will it be easier cause it seems like it is getting harder and harder. But I am not giving up.

Challenge: 350 pushups

Monday: 50
    Tuesday:50
    Wednesday:50 (arms are screaming)
    Thursday: 50(arms are jello)
    Friday:
    Saturday:
    Sunday
    Woop Woop you are rocking those push ups!!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Being a late starter is KILLING me!!!! Determined to stay on task, I did 100 pushups yesterday and 100 today...I look forward to ONLY 50!!!! Crazy, huh??

Nice Job!!!! Its one of those moments where you hate it but you love it!!! (Tony Horton) P90X line......
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    hmmm... are these real pushups, or can i start on my knees or something?

You sure can anyway you can get them done!!:smile: Some people are starting against the wall and believe me that is no walk in the park either way you do them your going to feel it!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    [/quote]

WOW !! 75 Push Ups.. Good for you, thats amazing :) Before you know it you'll be doing a hundred a day...

Im nervous to see how swore my arms will be tomorrow since this was the first time doing this challenge for the week...I thought I couldnt even do one push up. Little did I know, once you put your mind and whole body into it, you can do one..two.. or heck ten! I already know it will help tone all over!
    [/quote]

That's awesome you don't know what your capable of til you put your mind to it!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I haven't done my 50 yet...not sure I'm going to get it in tonite. Here was my workout today:

30 min Abs and Core with the trainer: (140 cals)
    planks
    side planks - with 5lb weights
    isometric leg hold
    isometric lifts with body ball
    Elliptical - 3.77mi 40 min 321 cals
    Treadmill - 1.22 mi 20 min 159 cals

Everyone seems to be doing an awesome job! Welcome to the new people who've joined us!!

Now that's a workout Nice Job!!!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Alright a great day and workout got in 100 more push ups and all my water plus I did insanity cardio core and balance!!
  • EboniA
    EboniA Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser is awesome! I'm joining late and I was only going to do 50 each day but since other latecomers are catching up, I will too. At least I did about 10 yesterday from the BL Boot Camp DVD but that's a lot of catching up. Thanks for the motivation.

My starting weight is 217 and my goal for this challenge is to get under 200 but hoping for 190.
  • miriambeal
    miriambeal Posts: 13
    Options
    I am starting later then a lot of you so I am a newbie, but I am sooo in! I am up for this challenge!

Starting W.. 208
    Goal W.. 140-160
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    The great part of this is at the end of the 18 weeks we will all be the biggest losers woooooohooooooooo!!! Welcome welcome to the 2 newbies!

Hope everyone have a safe and happy holiday not holiweekend remember all the hard work you put in the whole week don't blow it on one weekend or what ever you do make sure it's something your not going to beat yourself up about the next day!!

A few friendly tips:
    Drink a cup of water between drinks (if you chose to drink)
    Try maybe having the burger minus the bun
    Use a smaller plate
    Drink your water people before after and during a meal!!!:happy:

Don't forget we weigh in on Mondays!!:bigsmile:
  • nuttynetty114
    nuttynetty114 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if the push ups are better for the biceps or triceps????