biggest loser challenge week 1

Options

Replies

• nuttynetty114
    nuttynetty114 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hmmm... are these real pushups, or can i start on my knees or something?

You can do the push ups on the floor or standing. If standing you can use the wall, counter, table etc.
    I have a bad knee so I am doing the standing!!
  • futuredispatchhottie911
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! Everyone is doing such an awesome job. I am so happy how this group has grown. I have worked so much I am probably gonna do most of my pushups today I have 16 hours at work so why not do pushups right? So I have a question for yall what exercise do yall want to do next week. For me it's hard to do some things because of my knees. I though about maybe trying to do 20 sit ups or crunches a day and continue with the pushups either 20 or 25 a day. What do yall think?
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I have a question about the weigh ins..I read we weigh in on Monday. I try to only weigh in once a month (around the 4th-6th) THis way it motivates me to be really good for a WHOLE month.. and also I will hopfully see a larger number. Is that alrite??

Im down for crunches for sure.. I need to tone this flabby belly of mine. If we can do 50 push ups I think we can do 50 sit ups a day too.
    Options
    I can try I guess I can try and do 10 I am really flappy though so I don't know if the fat will let me bend that far up lol. But we can do 50 if that's what people want to do
  • tcampbellus
    tcampbellus Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in. My name is Tamara. I am currently at 270 pounds. I am a school teacher so I am using the summer months to jump start a healthy change in eating and exercise. So far, it has been a great week although I have avoided the scale so I don't obsess on it. I've focused on doing ordinary chores and exercises to keep my mood up. (I am a work-aholic so summers are not really great for me.)

Last summer I got kicked off of a roller coaster because I was too big to ride. I made the best of it for my kids but it was the most humiliating experience I have ever had. I spent the day fighting back tears at what should have been a fun good bye to my son. My goal is to tighten up enough and lose enough that I can ride the coasters when he comes to visit in November. I have never let my weight stop me from enjoying life. This year has been filled with lost experiences and I'm tired of it.

I don't know how I'm going to do the push-ups. I never could do them very well. But then again, I've never had too. I think I'm going to spread them out throughout the day. I know it isn't the best practice but baby steps...doing 5 here and 5 there throughout the day is better than doing 0 here or 0 there.

Look forward to reading your stories and hearing about your progress.:bigsmile: bump
  • SmilinNurse
    SmilinNurse Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I totally want to be included in this challenge!!!!

Hey everyone!!! My name is Crystal I am a 31yo registered nurse in a very busy Toronto hospital.
    I have been sick and tired of the way I have let myself go just isn't right and I am ready to suck it up and get in shape. I have been on MFP for over a week and have been journalling everything and this is what has kept me motivated to keep going!! What i need help with is the exercise so this challenge is perfect!!!
    Can't wait to see what the end of 18 weeks will look like!!!
    SW 303 (yikes!)

Crystal
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    If its not too late, count me in. I'm a 55 yo who is very out of shape. My starting weight is 238.
    Options
    It is never to late to join this challenge. Welcome to the biggest loser family.
  • raindancer
    Options
    I'm going to be just a few pushups short..LOL
  • pickles77
    pickles77 Posts: 47
    Options
    I have been walking with my Dad and Best friend for 2 weeks now!! Its great to have someone else there with you! I didnt think it would do much but i have lost 2lbs in the 1st week.... YAY!

Keep it up everyone! We are all doing great!

BTW... Friends are great for encouragement! .... feel free to add me as a friend! ...
  • volliegrl
    volliegrl Posts: 16
    Options
    I live in Canada so i will check around at walmart or zellers
  • raindancer
    Options
    Tcampbellus- Just do what you can. Start with wall pushups. I can't do real pushups yet, but I know I will be able to later.
    :flowerforyou:
  • charis2032
    charis2032 Posts: 64
    Options
    Nuttie: Push ups are great for triceps and if you're doing floor push ups they are also killer for your abs

Vollie: The 30 day shred is also available on Amazon
  • Jax09
    Jax09 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am IN!!!
  • raindancer
    Options
    Everyone have a great evening. Be safe, lots of crazies on the road.:drinker:

5/28- 9 glasses of water
    55 wall pushup today. and it's still early
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Everyone have a great evening. Be safe, lots of crazies on the road.:drinker:

5/28- 9 glasses of water
    55 wall pushup today. and it's still early

I love that attitude it's still early!!!!
  • Bump319
    Bump319 Posts: 17
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Leslie and I'm looking forward to The Biggest Loser Challenge. I'm 33 and it's time I get in the game of LIFE instead of being on the sidelines. The girls at work started a weight loss support group, which is very helpful and it's keeping me on track. My starting weight is 379. (Yikes) but hey this girl is READY for a LIFESTYLE change. So, now on those push ups.

leslie
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I'm in. My name is Tamara. I am currently at 270 pounds. I am a school teacher so I am using the summer months to jump start a healthy change in eating and exercise. So far, it has been a great week although I have avoided the scale so I don't obsess on it. I've focused on doing ordinary chores and exercises to keep my mood up. (I am a work-aholic so summers are not really great for me.)

Last summer I got kicked off of a roller coaster because I was too big to ride. I made the best of it for my kids but it was the most humiliating experience I have ever had. I spent the day fighting back tears at what should have been a fun good bye to my son. My goal is to tighten up enough and lose enough that I can ride the coasters when he comes to visit in November. I have never let my weight stop me from enjoying life. This year has been filled with lost experiences and I'm tired of it.

I don't know how I'm going to do the push-ups. I never could do them very well. But then again, I've never had too. I think I'm going to spread them out throughout the day. I know it isn't the best practice but baby steps...doing 5 here and 5 there throughout the day is better than doing 0 here or 0 there.

Look forward to reading your stories and hearing about your progress.:bigsmile: bump

Hi Tamara I read your story and I am totally going to be ready to hear how much fun you and your son have in November on the rides this challenge will definately get you there along with your determination glad to have you be a part of the group!!!

Jillian and Bob talked about getting in spurts of activity throughout the course of the day if you aren't able to get it in all in one setting so I think it will be great to get your pushups in throught your day and at the end of the day your going to be able to say you got them in. That'e the great part about a challenge is to come out of your comfort zone and have something great happen that you thought wasn't even possible!!!
  • krklstephi
    krklstephi Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join as well!! I am 33 and a single mom of a wonderful boy with Asperger's. I have been overweight since I was about 3 or 4. Never been able to get it off. I weigh 341 right now, and eventually I'd like to get under 200. Preferably around 150 would be good. I will start pushups tonight and try to catch up to everyone else.
  • SmilinNurse
    SmilinNurse Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say Happy Memorial Weekend to all of our US pals!!!