Women and Men... Who would you approach?

Options

Replies

• funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Back in the day if I was attracted to them and they showed any type of interest I could approach them. It really doesn't matter if they were a super model or an everyday girl, as long as there was some attraction. If she hadn't shown any type of interest at all, not going to go up to her and try to do a cold call sales pitch about myself.
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I like the fun and friendly smiling ones. The kind that can rock a ball cap going to the pub one night and still smile while she's dressed to the hilt for a 5 star dinner the next.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Can we all just agree that generally men are expected to do the approaching? That said, for the ladies, what did the last guy you approached with the intention of asking out look like?

He looked like my husband.

I dislike talking to people, even friends.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Can we all just agree that generally men are expected to do the approaching? That said, for the ladies, what did the last guy you approached with the intention of asking out look like?

THERE HE IS!!
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options

THERE HE IS!!

LOL well since this is a continuation of the last thread I had to show up to make fun of the idealistic BS answers.
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options

5'7, short hair, beard, and wearing an awesome Dr. Who shirt.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

Lies, women do the approaching :laugh:
  • deleted4school
    Options
    Honestly... I am very out going... so I would talk to the following:

Someone who smiles at you, regardless of their looks?

Just the basic of a smile toward me is like an acknowledgment that I can ask questions or speak without that person being a total JERK/*ITCH!!!

I normally talk to anyone that I have a question too... even if it is just someone wearing a disney pin trader around their neck.. I will go ask to look at their pins if they smile at me.. because i feel like that is a friendly connection...

---That is the same as if a TRUCK gets in front of me on the highway and slows me down.. I take it that GOD is slowing me down so that I do not get a ticket etc... but if it is a CAR I will do the normal and pass them :D... just something I have always went by!!!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Personally.. I will talk to anyone who smiles at me. But I am much less likely to approach someone who is incredibly good looking.
    I'll talk to anyone who seems to be interested in friendly conversation. But if they've got an obvious chip on their shoulder, then I won't bother. There's no need to break through someone who's occupied.

People sometimes introduce themselves to me. Most of the time I'm having a friendly conversation with the person behind the counter, and they seem to want to join in. Sometimes they might be shy and I can see them looking at me, so I'll then say something to them to let them join.

I like people and try to improve my social skills as much possible. If you like people and simply observe things, there's a lot of things you can learn.
    I seem to have this inferiority complex in my head that makes me think that the incredibly good looking people wouldn't want to talk to me.
    Congrats. You're now one of the incredibly good looking people that people think this of you.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I talk to anyone and everyone. if you are within a few feet of me, you are in the line of fire.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    ^^ hear that. some times i'm a talker, sometimes i'm not... but i always hate small talk.

your talking about someone in a socail setting that your potentially intersted in?

probably none of the above... but if i was forced to choose one then i'd definetly go with the one that smiled because to me that would be in indication that they might be open to a conversation.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

I've never actually approached anyone to ask them out. I don't know that I'd ever have that courage.

A few weeks ago, my sister and I were at the club and she was crushing on a guy. He was a bit shorter than her (we're both 6'1"), and pretty average, but he had a helluva smile. He was a bit on the stocky side, and had a bit of a military look to him.

It took her about two hours to get up the nerve to go and say hi.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options

Exactly the point. For guys that look like your pic yes. For guys that look like my pic no chance. Why women are afraid to admit this is beyond me.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

THERE HE IS!!

LOL well since this is a continuation of the last thread I had to show up to make fun of the idealistic BS answers.

You've really got it all figured out don't you?

You show up to hate on women. You do it EVERY THREAD like this.

Your attitude is terrible, and people can see it on every response you have in a thread. It's pretty bad, honestly.

I hope you can figure out what ever is really bothering you. Women are NOT the root of all evil that you make them out to be..
  • SocialSocks
    Options
    I am very shy approaching new people, but would happily talk to anyone.

I'd be way more likely to approach someone who smiled at me, man or woman.

I'd be way more open to being approached by someone who smiled at me first.

I'm a sucker for a nice smile. :)
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    people who smile... unless it's like a 60 year old pedophile
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    All of the above. I'm friendly.

This applies to me as well.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

Exactly the point. For guys that look like your pic yes. For guys that look like my pic no chance. Why women are afraid to admit this is beyond me.

Then if it's all about looks, why not shave that beard, get contacts, and dont wear a striped yellow and white shirt.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'll approach and talk to anyone.

Hopefully not while wearing the hat.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options

THERE HE IS!!

OK, I'll engage, because I'm insulted by your assumption that mine was a BS answer. The last man I approached was about 5'6", scruffy and bald, and not what I would consider good looking, but was lifting what looked like more than his bodyweight (and mine), so I asked him to spot me after he finished his set (during which he had smiled at me). It was the smile that made me ask him, over the younger, better looking man lifting next to him.