Women and Men... Who would you approach?

Options

Replies

• red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    If you were going to walk up to someone and strike up a conversation... who would you approach?

Someone who looks like a model?
    Someone who is of average looks?
    Someone with less than average looks?
    Someone who smiles at you, regardless of their looks?

There are a multitude of answers. If you smile and look as if your awaiting conversation-I'll start 1. Another possibility is anyone I obviously have something in common with; and that can be as obscure as laundry soap or as serious as the same style of running shoes.

I could care less about your looks. I'm more interested in ppl who can enrich my life.
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I tend to observe the atmosphere and crowd first. A guy who is an extrovert and the life of the party is def ok as long as he is ok with me being the same.

He usually has to have some kind of trait I am attracted to. Lately I have been mutually attracted to extremely good looking guys but they azz out the door soon as they start acting too into themselves.

I have always been one to date average guys. There might be certain features that are intriguing.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I will speak to almost anyone who makes eye contact and smiles, even if it's just a hey people who hold their head down I walk past them because I assume they don't want to be bothered

HEy CFRC8780 ((SMILING)) LOL!

In that picture you head seems to be looking down so I'm going to have to keep moving plus I think I hear the ice cream man and right now I'm focused on that. :)
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    OK I see a lot of "I'll talk to anyone." That's a feel good answer. That's kind of getting away from the spirit of the original question. Sure, you might talk to anyone but you won't APPROACH just anyone. Let's put it this way. You're out somewhere, grocery store, gym, bar, wherever. You see someone across the room you want to talk to. What gets you to walk over? All I'm saying is, for women is that the guy has to be super good looking. Men have a wider standard and are more flexible. As far as who you'll talk to or even go out with it might not be as narrow but women don't approach average/below average guys.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    OK I see a lot of "I'll talk to anyones." That's a feel good answer. That's kind of getting away from the spirit of the original question. Sure, you might talk to anyone but you won't APPROACH just anyone. Let's put it this way. You're out somewhere, grocery store, gym, bar, wherever. You see someone across the room you want to talk to. What gets you to walk over? All I'm saying is, for women it is that the guy is super good looking. Men have a wider standard. As far as who you'll talk to or even go out with it might not be as narrow but women don't approach average/below average guys.

and all MANY of us are saying is NOT THE SUPER GOOD LOOKING ONES.

Yes, I am yelling.

If I were to approach anyone... it would be the average guy.

IT
    WOULD
    BE
    THE
    AVERAGE
    GUY
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I get approached sometimes. I'm average. It ok, chimp.

In a museum with my girls because we are sitting and drawing or discussing art.
    Walking a dog. Damn poop machine and people magnet.
    Libraries, bookstores, coffee shops if you are relaxed and enjoying yourself.
    In any metro, airport or public place I seem to be the person to go to for directions. I'm sorry I suck at them. Why is it that thousands of Americans are looking for a coffee shop in Paris? There are cafes on every street corner.
    If I hear a foreign language that I know I'll greet you.
    (Edit - yes - super good looking I'd probably be a little more reserved, like Mirey points out)

Approached and asked for a date? Never happens.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Dr. Chimp... I give up now.
    tumblr_m11s9bAvDq1qjemo2o1_400.gif
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Someone who smiles!

I have a bad habit of not smiling at strangers :/
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Can we all just agree that generally men are expected to do the approaching? That said, for the ladies, what did the last guy you approached with the intention of asking out look like?

THERE HE IS!!

He's as predictable as the sun rising in the east. LOL
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    OK I see a lot of "I'll talk to anyone." That's a feel good answer. That's kind of getting away from the spirit of the original question. Sure, you might talk to anyone but you won't APPROACH just anyone. Let's put it this way. You're out somewhere, grocery store, gym, bar, wherever. You see someone across the room you want to talk to. What gets you to walk over? All I'm saying is, for women is that the guy has to be super good looking. Men have a wider standard and are more flexible. As far as who you'll talk to or even go out with it might not be as narrow but women don't approach average/below average guys.

*shakes head*

I've been approached by women, many times. I'm 330lbs. I was approached by women when I was almost 400lbs.

Want to know why? Because my attitude, for the most part is great. I know you don't believe that, and I am not sure what people are going to have to say to make you get that...but your attitude is the worst I have seen in a long time.

Sure, women and men both only want to approach people that they are attracted to. That's normal.

Being attractive is far much more than how you look. Being attractive starts with how other people perceive you. & you sir, do a terrible job at that.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

It's nice to have an excuse built in for why noone wants to talk to you that absolves you of all responsibility to...you know...be worth approaching to start a conversation.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    Options
    Dr. Chimp... I give up now.
    tumblr_m11s9bAvDq1qjemo2o1_400.gif

I love Hurley he's my favorite rich guy ever
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Seems like the general consensus is they would approach someone that smiles at them.

tumblr_m0xhxs3LMo1rrf9oco1_500.gif
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options

BULL *kitten*. I have NEVER approached a "super good looking" man in my entire life, and I HAVE approached men. You, sir, are willfully ignorant of the truth of the matter, because you WISH to believe that you have not been approached due to looks. You apparently need to believe that. Fine. Go believe a lie. May it bring you comfort.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options

It's nice to have an excuse built in for why noone wants to talk to you that absolves you of all responsibility to...you know...be worth approaching to start a conversation.

Worth approaching? As in looks? That proves the point dude.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    None. I am shy and do not approach.

Guys who want to tell me confidence is sexy, blah blah... Bite me! :angry:

^^ Same here. Lol
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I will speak to almost anyone who makes eye contact and smiles, even if it's just a hey people who hold their head down I walk past them because I assume they don't want to be bothered

In that picture you head seems to be looking down so I'm going to have to keep moving plus I think I hear the ice cream man and right now I'm focused on that. :)

WHATEVA ...(Rolling my eyes) ...u couldn't handle this :laugh:
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    If you were going to walk up to someone and strike up a conversation... who would you approach?

Someone who looks like a model?
    Someone who is of average looks?
    Someone with less than average looks?
    Someone who smiles at you, regardless of their looks?

Please explain why.

Note: the end goal is not necessarily to get into their pants, but maybe start a dialog that could be the start of something.

I would say someone who smiles at me regardless of looks. Great personalities are not just limited to those with great looks.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    OK I see a lot of "I'll talk to anyones." That's a feel good answer. That's kind of getting away from the spirit of the original question. Sure, you might talk to anyone but you won't APPROACH just anyone. Let's put it this way. You're out somewhere, grocery store, gym, bar, wherever. You see someone across the room you want to talk to. What gets you to walk over? All I'm saying is, for women it is that the guy is super good looking. Men have a wider standard. As far as who you'll talk to or even go out with it might not be as narrow but women don't approach average/below average guys.

and all MANY of us are saying is NOT THE SUPER GOOD LOOKING ONES.

Yes, I am yelling.

If I were to approach anyone... it would be the average guy.

IT
    WOULD
    BE
    THE
    AVERAGE
    GUY

Hey gurl, how YOU doin?
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    Options

WHATEVA ...(Rolling my eyes) ...u couldn't handle this :laugh:

Crap, I ruined it again with my social awkwardness