My 6 week challenge

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Where are my friends???? :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Last nite was the start of my Half-Marathon training, again. This will be my third attempt. First two times, I injured myself, this time I am under doctor's instructions. We will see how this goes.

I did strength training last nite and I decided to add in some dancing to work my core. It was a lot of fun actually. I have a playlist on my Mp3 player for running and it is some pretty kewl dance music, so I just decided to dance to it in between sets.

I need to be ready to run a 10k by the end of the month. So "balls to the wall" as they say. I need to stay consistant and keep my food intake good. Plus I am getting married the same day as the 10K. I figured it would be a good way to get energized for the day and the only time that Jon and I will have together alone all day. He is not really looking forward to it, but I know he will enjoy it once we get started. It just takes time for him to warm up to something different.

So, here is to a great month of running and eating healthy for the big day. 25 days left. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I hope that you are all well and happy today. One day closer to Friday. :wink:

Yesterday was a really bad day for me emotionally and eating wise. I did not follow my menu and did not workout. My boss put me down to part time and with just 2 1/2 weeks till my wedding. So, I had a feeding frenzy. I am now having to drastically cut things from the wedding, namely, the reception. So everyone that I had sent out an invitation to I had to let them know about the change. That is not an easy task.

Today may not be a better day emotionally, but I am going to make it a better physical and eating day. There are 24 days left until the wedding and I need to lose a few pounds and feel better about myself after all this. So here is what my plan is to keep me on track. Every time that I even start to think about driving to get any food not on my menu I will drop down and do 5 good pushups (mind you my normal pushups are easier, I can do 20 of them compared to 5 good ones). Then I am thinking of doing jumping jacks. I figure when I start to get my heartrate up I will start to feel better and not want to put bad things in my body.

This morning has been good so far and it is about time for my morning snack. Tonite I will be talking to my cake lady about making a much smaller cake and when I get home I will eat my dinner. I will be doing an Insanity workout tonite for my crosstraining. I can't decide whether to go with MCC or PCC. Either one is an awesome workout.

Here is to a good food and physcial day. Happy Friday Eve!!! :bigsmile:
  • princesspurple
    Options
    dont let anything get to you before the wedding, all of it happens for a reason, and no matter what, the day will be fantastic! :drinker:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    dont let anything get to you before the wedding, all of it happens for a reason, and no matter what, the day will be fantastic! :drinker:

I do understand that everything happens for a reason, but sometimes I just don't want to accept that. :tongue:

I know that it will all be fine when the day comes. I signed us up for the 10k run that morning. Can't wait to do it. Talking to Jon last nite he said, are you ready to run at my pace? I said, no way!!! I am still pretty slow, but can pick it up for short spirts. It will be my longest run to date. We are even having t-shirts made with Bride & Groom on them with our wedding date on the back. It makes it even more special since we will be spending quality yelling time together before the big day turns into chaos. LOL What I mean by yelling is, he will push me to the point that I will want to walk and he will continue to push until the end. Yes, I will yell at him, but will be glad that he is there to get me going. :bigsmile:
  • Douniap
    Douniap Posts: 841
    Options

I do understand that everything happens for a reason, but sometimes I just don't want to accept that. :tongue:

I know that it will all be fine when the day comes. I signed us up for the 10k run that morning. Can't wait to do it. Talking to Jon last nite he said, are you ready to run at my pace? I said, no way!!! I am still pretty slow, but can pick it up for short spirts. It will be my longest run to date. We are even having t-shirts made with Bride & Groom on them with our wedding date on the back. It makes it even more special since we will be spending quality yelling time together before the big day turns into chaos. LOL What I mean by yelling is, he will push me to the point that I will want to walk and he will continue to push until the end. Yes, I will yell at him, but will be glad that he is there to get me going. :bigsmile:

Try doing some circuit training and for running (especially if you want to improve your pace), do speed work:
    go hard (really hard) for 1 min, rest for 30 sec ==> do as many as you can after a nice warm up..
    and as you become stronger start increasing that number of intervals as well as the duration of each interval.
    Then may be you can move on to doing your speedwork in terms of distance: As an example run hard for 0.25 miles, Jogg for half of that..
    Make sure to keep track of your progress too..
    Happy running
    Dounia
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Try doing some circuit training and for running (especially if you want to improve your pace), do speed work:
    go hard (really hard) for 1 min, rest for 30 sec ==> do as many as you can after a nice warm up..
    and as you become stronger start increasing that number of intervals as well as the duration of each interval.
    Then may be you can move on to doing your speedwork in terms of distance: As an example run hard for 0.25 miles, Jogg for half of that..
    Make sure to keep track of your progress too..
    Happy running
    Dounia

Yeah, I try that, but I am not really sure if I am doing it right. It just seems that after maybe one or two times I am out of steam all together and I really want to finish my miles for the day, so I kinda back off. I am still learning obviously. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Yesterday was Day 8 and I did strength training and Insanity Cardio Abs. It was a great workout. My Maid of Honor, Katrina came over and did the strength training with me. She is new to it and I hope she had a good experience with it. I will be checking in with her after I send this post. It did take a little longer, due to her being with me, but I still made sure to do good form and 15 to 20 reps, 3 sets. I do love to feel the burn. I actually did the warm up for Cardio Abs last nite and my ankle was fine with it. I think I am really good to go now and I love that. I tried concentrating harder on keeping my bootie in place while doing the high plank and low plank oblique moves. I am pretty sure I did better this time than last week. Feeling good about the workout.

Today was/is Day 9 and I did a 3 mile run this morning. Since I am now part-time at work, I don't go in until 1pm. I decided to get the run in early, so after work I can go get my flowers ordered for the wedding and then head out for a softball game. It was a good run. I ran 11:21 miles. I am so wanting to go faster, but don't really know my limits yet. Some day though, I just need to be patient. It was nice this morning, there was a breeze to keep me going with the sun up high in the sky. We are having a heat advisory starting at noon today, so it was good to get it in early.

I hope everyone is doing well and have an AWESOME day. :bigsmile:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Jennifer it sounds like your back in the swing of things with your running that's awesome!!! Can't wait to here all the amazing stories about your race and the wedding.......Keep up the great work!!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Jennifer it sounds like your back in the swing of things with your running that's awesome!!! Can't wait to here all the amazing stories about your race and the wedding.......Keep up the great work!!

Thanx so much. Sorry for not being on and updating. My home computer is down and I am now only working afternoon hours. So, not as much time as normal to get on.

I am doing well. I did a 4 mile run last nite and beat my last time by 1:50 mins. For me that is fantastic. Tomorrow will be another 4 mile run. Feeling really good about things.

I hope all is well with you. I will try to get on as much as I can. Let me know how you are doing. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I have been doing really good with my eating this last week and am very proud of myself for that. I really have not lost any weight, but I can definitely see a difference in my body. I put on a shirt this morning for work and it is too big. I wore it just a couple weeks ago and it looked fine. So, I may not being losing on the scale, but I am otherwise and it feels great. I guess I am pretty happy with where I am at. After the wedding I will concentrate a little harder and try to get down to the 155 goal I set for myself.

Keep up the AWESOME work everyone and have a beautiful Friday Eve!!! :bigsmile:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    That's awesome Jennifer way to go staying focused and losing the inches!!!! You know that is what count great health plus looking and feeling good who can ask for anything more!!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hey girl, how are you doing? Have not heard from you in a while. Hope all is well. :bigsmile:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Jennifer I am doing good going through my 1st complete round of insanity!!:bigsmile:

So are you all set and ready to go 3 days away can't wait to see all the beautiful pics i know you are so so excited that's going to be such a wonderful day for you!!!
  • bak2good
    bak2good Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was reading your posts and I'm curious about this couch to 5K plan. Where do I get it? How much is it? I currently do the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I have about 10 more lbs to go and I'm finding it very difficult. I gain three, lose two, gain 2, lose three and it keeps going back and forth like that. I tried the oral HCG and that didn't work so well for me. I lost a little, but I'm skeptical that I may have bought it from a company that is a scam. Do you ladies have any suggestions for me. You all seem to have done really, really well. Congratulations!!!! :smile:
  • adcoursey
    Options
    couch to 5k is a podcast on iTunes, and it's free. :smile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Jme-I just googled Couch to 5k and I used Hal Higdon's novice program. It worked very well for me and I am still running to this day.
    What is HCG? Have you ever heard of Hip Hop Abs or Turbo Jam? These are also great programs that can help you with losing weight and being physically fit. Try the link below and let me know what questions you might have about it.

http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/jjtonic75?bctid=10103956001
  • princesspurple
    Options
    when is the wedding?
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Princess-It was August 28th. It was a beautiful day and everything went smoothly. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

How are you doing? :bigsmile: