How would you plan a 5000 calorie cheat day?

Options

Replies

• twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't

I wouldn't either.

Why PLAN on such a gross overabundance?

Treating oneself to an indulgant meal out is one thing.
    Specifically planned to go out and basically gain one pound on purpose? What for?
    There's plenty of ways to indulge on a meal without sabotaging progress.
    I don't get it.

But if the goal is 5000... Ihop for breakfast, Red Robin for lunch and Cheesecake Factory for dinner ought to take care of it pretty efficiently.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Alright, let me give this a shot...

Breakfast:
    Western omelette:
    Generic - 3 Egg Omlette, 3 eggs 210cal 0carb 14fat 21prot 0fiber 0calcium
    Sausage - Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage Links - Original, 3 skillet-cooked link 35 g) 170 2 14 10 0 0
    Pork - Cured, bacon, cooked, pan-fried, 3 slice cooked 126 0 10 9 0 0
    Vegetable - Green Pepper, 1/4 Cup Green Pepper 8 2 0 0 1 0
    Onions - Raw, 0.25 cup, chopped 17 4 0 0 1 1

With a side:
    Homemade - Corned Beef Hash, 0.5 cup 252 60 16 30 1 1
    Heinz (Canada) - Ketchup, 1 tbsp (15ml) 20 5 0 0 0 0

And toast:
    Bread - Whole-wheat, toasted, 2 slice 139 26 2 5 4 4
    Honey, 1 tbsp 64 17 0 0 0 0
    Jif - Peanut Butter 2 Tbsp, 2 tbsp 190 8 16 7 2 0

And some milk to wash it all down:
    Great Value - Milk - 1% Low Fat 1/2 Cup, 2 Cup 220 26 5 16 0 60

Breakfast total: 1,416Cal 150Carb 77Fat 98Prot 9Fiber 66Calcium

How about a nice salad for lunch after that heavy breakfast:

A nice hearty chicken salad:
    Fresh Express - Spring Mix (Baby Lettuces, Greens & Radicchio), 1 container (4 cups (42.5g) ea.) 40 6 0 4 2 12
    Hormel - Real Crumbled Bacon Bits (Peppered), 14 grams (1 tbsp) 50 0 3 6 0 0
    Kraft - Mexican Style Taco Cheese - Shredded , 1/4 cup 100 1 0 0 0 0
    Chickpeas (garbanzo beans, bengal gram) - Canned, 1 cup 286 54 3 12 11 8
    Chicken Wings Buffalo - Boneless, 1 container (6 wings ea.) 320 24 16 22 0 0
    Ken's Steakhouse Dressing Bleu Cheese - Salad Dressing, 30 g 150 1 16 0 1 0

And a big glass of orange juice, because you need your fruits:
    Simply Orange - Orange Juice - Calcium & Vitamin D, 16 fl oz 220 52 0 4 0 70

Lunch Total: 1,166cal 138carb 38fat 48prot 14fiber 90calcium

I should have some nuts and a V8 so I don't snack on bad stuff
    Sunflower Seeds - Shelled, Roasted, Salted, 1/2 cup 320 14 28 10 6 0
    Campbell's - V8 Original (5.5 oz Can), 1 can (5.5 oz) 30 7 0 1 1 2

Snack Total: 350Cal 21Carb 28Fat 11Prot 7Fiber 2Calcium

You know what? I haven't had any dead cow OR dead fish today. I should eat those animals for dinner. Just to piss PITA off.
    Steak - New York Strip Grilled, 12 oz 147 0 4 25 0 0
    Condiments - A1 Steak Sauce, 2 Tbsp 30 6 0 0 0 0
    Gorton's - Shrimp Scampi - Creamy Garlic Butter Sauce, 8 oz (about 7 shrimp) 240 16 10 20 1 8

A couple sides, like a baked potato and a delicious 3-bean salad.
    Longhorn Steakhouse - Baked Potato - Fully Loaded, 1 baked potato 430 57 17 14 0 0
    Chickpeas (garbanzo beans, bengal gram) - Canned, 0.5 cup 143 27 1 6 5 4
    Beans - Black, cooked, boiled, with salt, 0.5 cup 114 20 0 8 7 2
    Beans - Red Kidney Beans , 0.5 cup( 177 g) 110 20 0 8 8 2

And it was a rough day. I should have a couple beers to relax with my dinner.
    Dogfish Head - 60 Minute Ipa, 24 oz 418 46 0 0 0 0

Dessert? Well, just this once:
    Homemade - Cherry Cheesecake Pie, 1 slice 493 69 22 8 1 0

Heinz - Seafood Cocktail Sauce, 15 g 60 2 5 0 0 0
    Dinner Total: 2,185Cal 263Carb 59Fat 89Prot 22fiber 16Calcium

Grand Total: 5,117Calories 572Carbs 202Fat 246Protein 52Fiber 174Calcium

So how'd I do?
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/pinktiger8?date=2013-05-05

This day alone is why they can't do a 5k cheat day. It's NOT a reffed people. Besides a refeed is not a 'just eat anything' it's got to be planned to basically be hi carb. You are all suggesting nothing but pure sugar, salt & fat.

If anything those suggesting that she go along with it & those suggesting the crap she eat are just as bad as the one thinking a cheat day is needed. There is no way on earth she has enough calorie credit to eat 5000cals in a day.

I'm wondering who are the real eating disorder ones here..... the OP or those who think it's more than ok to pump your body with 5k worth of fat, sugar & salt & then still be ok with it.

The fats, sugars and salt are really not that high on the day you show.

Context is relevant.

I consider them to be very high. 111 g of sugar is a little over 50 teaspoons of sugar. If you don't "get" how this is bad, I suggest you put 50 teaspoons of sugar into a glass - actually count it out -- and come back and tell me that isn't alarming. And remember, that's 111 OVER the daily recommended amount. If the OP doesn't have it already, I bet she is pre-diabetic. Cravings for sugar and extreme thirst are symptoms.
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bloomin' Onion with extra sauce and Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory are a must. :heart:
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    All I know is it would include atleast 5 crispy cream donuts.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

This day alone is why they can't do a 5k cheat day. It's NOT a reffed people. Besides a refeed is not a 'just eat anything' it's got to be planned to basically be hi carb. You are all suggesting nothing but pure sugar, salt & fat.

If anything those suggesting that she go along with it & those suggesting the crap she eat are just as bad as the one thinking a cheat day is needed. There is no way on earth she has enough calorie credit to eat 5000cals in a day.

I'm wondering who are the real eating disorder ones here..... the OP or those who think it's more than ok to pump your body with 5k worth of fat, sugar & salt & then still be ok with it.

Context is relevant.

I consider them to be very high. 111 g of sugar is a little over 50 teaspoons of sugar. If you don't "get" how this is bad, I suggest you put 50 teaspoons of sugar into a glass - actually count it out -- and come back and tell me that isn't alarming. And remember, that's 111 OVER the daily recommended amount. If the OP doesn't have it already, I bet she is pre-diabetic. Cravings for sugar and extreme thirst are symptoms.

Absolute nonsense. I average between 140 - 200 g a day in sugar. As of last week my fasting blood sugar level was 71mg/dL. Sugar does NOT cause diabetes.

http://www.diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/causes/#type2
    http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/causes/Causes_of_Diabetes_508.pdf

For those who typically don't read sources:

Risk Factors for Type 2 Diabetes
    People who develop type 2 diabetes are more likely to have the following characteristics:

•age 45 or older
    •overweight or obese
    •physically inactive
    •parent or sibling with diabetes
    •family background that is African American, Alaska Native, American Indian, Asian American, Hispanic/ Latino, or Pacific Islander American
    •history of giving birth to a baby weighing more than 9 pounds
    •history of gestational diabetes
    •high blood pressure—140/90 or above—or being treated for high blood pressure
    •high-density lipoprotein (HDL), or good, cholesterol below 35 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL), or a triglyceride level above 250 mg/dL
    •polycystic ovary syndrome, also called PCOS
    •prediabetes—an A1C level of 5.7 to 6.4 percent; a fasting plasma glucose test result of 100–125 mg/dL, called impaired fasting glucose; or a 2-hour oral glucose tolerance test result of 140–199, called impaired glucose tolerance
    •acanthosis nigricans, a condition associated with insulin resistance, characterized by a dark, velvety rash around the neck or armpits
    •history of CVD

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diabetes/DS01121/DSECTION=risk-factors

http://www.diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/diabetes-myths/#x
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Context is relevant.

I had 3 cans of sprite a couple days ago, spread out over a 14 hour period. That's 114 grams of sugars, just in three 12 ounce cans. Beyond that I probably hit 90+ g of sugar every day and I am most certainly NOT pre-diabetic, unless my doctor is hiding such things from. I had a full work up in March when I switch birth control methods, and wouldn't be surprised if i was taking in twice as much sugar then .

Just because you find it alarming doesn't mean it actually is; another poster already said that the UK daily amount is 90g so is it not reasonable that your perception is alarmingly low?
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

Context is relevant.

I had 3 cans of sprite a couple days ago, spread out over a 14 hour period. That's 114 grams of sugars, just in three 12 ounce cans. Beyond that I probably hit 90+ g of sugar every day and I am most certainly NOT pre-diabetic, unless my doctor is hiding such things from. I had a full work up in March when I switch birth control methods, and wouldn't be surprised if i was taking in twice as much sugar then .

Just because you find it alarming doesn't mean it actually is; another poster already said that the UK daily amount is 90g so is it not reasonable that your perception is alarmingly low?

You had that sugar spread over 14 hours. This poster is eating 7 cups of sugary cereal, along with other sugary things ALL DAY LONG. AND day after day. Your argument is invalid, as it compares apples to oranges.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Your argument is invalid, as it compares apples to oranges.

Apples and oranges have a lot of sugar too.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Your argument is invalid, as it compares apples to oranges.

Apples and oranges have a lot of sugar too.
    Crap! I just ate 4 strawberries :cry: Now I'm prediabetic!

Jeebus.... people need to take a Midol and let this poor girl eat her 5000 calories if that's what she wants to do. She didn't ASK if she should or should not, she merely asked HOW.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Context is relevant.

You had that sugar spread over 14 hours. This poster is eating 7 cups of sugary cereal, along with other sugary things ALL DAY LONG. AND day after day. Your argument is invalid, as it compares apples to oranges.

Science to the rescue

Metabolic and behavioral effects of a high-sucrose diet during weight loss. Am J Clin Nutr. 1997 Apr;65(4):908-15.

www.ajcn.org/content/65/4/908.full.pdf
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Context is relevant.

I obviously had other good that day so I fail to see how my soda+other food over 14 hours is any different that her sugary cereal+other good over the course of her day.

And, as I noted, I have well over the daily recommended amount of sugar a day, almost always 90+ grams, every day.

Seems more like apples to caramel apples in my opinion.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options

Context is relevant.

I used to drink WAY over 3 cans of pop a day and my sister still drinks more than 3 a day. Neither of us are, nor have we ever been, diabetic or prediabetic... chill out.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    So far, reading through this thread, I have learned that I have an eating disorder, am possibly disgusting, can only have a 5k day if I am trying to gain weight and should not be on this website as I am currently bulking. Who knew!

Oh, and that Acg has better food porn than me, but I already knew that!

Is disgusting new slang amongst the kids for hot? If so then I agree.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't...

If I did a cheat "day" I would just eat whatever I want...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Context is relevant.

How is that even relevant? And I very regularly get over 100g sugar.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Context is relevant.

Do you know where the RDA came from?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Do you know where the RDA came from?

From the back of the food packaging.

Duh.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I would include lots of doughnuts... krispy kreme. GO ALL OUT.
    Also, dominos pizza. MMMMHHHMMM.
  • JohnLSinclair
    JohnLSinclair Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If it's a cheat DAY - don't count a thing and just go nuts! That's how I'd do it. :)