How would you plan a 5000 calorie cheat day?

Options

Replies

• RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    How could I forget ice cream?!?!
  • lotusspark
    lotusspark Posts: 367
    Options
    Depending on what your regular caloric intake is, it sounds dangerous.
    But if you really need to I would begin w/fruits .. move on to starchy
    things as mentioned like cinnamon rolls, pizza etc. But saving the last
    300 or so for a lot of veggies that can cleanse your day a bit as a chaser.
    Hopefully you wouldn't feel dreadful from so much.:sick:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Depending on what your regular caloric intake is, it sounds dangerous.
    But if you really need to I would begin w/fruits .. move on to starchy
    things as mentioned like cinnamon rolls, pizza etc. But saving the last
    300 or so for a lot of veggies that can cleanse your day a bit as a chaser.
    Hopefully you wouldn't feel dreadful from so much.:sick:

I would love to know how the inclusion of 300 calories of veggies is any more "cleansing" than if it was excluded.

(I suspect the likely increase in dietary fats for someone not accustomed to eating this amount will be more than enough "cleansing" for them.)
  • lotusspark
    lotusspark Posts: 367
    Options
    Just thinking of the transition to leave her system. Beat the odds
    of constipation?
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Ok I tried a refeed yesterday....my very 1st one after 18 months of great eating. I went over my cals by almost 2000....so that made ALMOST 5000 for yesterday. I still ate some good stuff but made sure it was high carb.

Today I feel like utter crap. I swelled up so bad my wedding rings are digging into me. I had leg cramps all night & sweated so much I was drenched. I have a massive headache that wont go & I feel like I would rather be dead.

I swear I was for a moment when I went for my 10km run earlier.

I'm scared to eat today at all. Really I am. I'm feeling worse than when I had food poisoning. I'd rather that.

SO I did it for a reason, to refeed my body & so then the next few days should result in some great loss...... but why on earth would anyone put themselves through this on a weekly basis I have no idea....or why they would at any time.

I struggled to eat that much, I had to start at 9am & then not stop till about 11pm. I really did have to try hard. I totally regret it & even feel guilty for doing it.

Why would anyone want to do that?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    ^ this is what I would expect.

and did OP say she plans to eat an entire pizza by herself in addition to all that other stuff. i guess i don't know what refeed is so I'm wondering why one would PLAN to eat this much. i get that sometimes for some people it could turn out to that much but why PLAN it?

if it's a "Free" day wouldnt part of the free be a spontanaeity? I'm not sure I get the intent of this day?
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Man, there is some serious self-righteousness coming out here. How do you know that the OP isn't having a "feast" or "refeed" day or, hopefully not, an operation and needs a day of high calories in preparation? Or an event? Getyaself off the soap box.

How would I do it? I'd still try and eat two meals healthy - loads of protein, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats. Oils, fish, avocado....cheese! Bump up with nuts or seeds. Have a treat, hell, do what you want :)

It's surprisingly easy to get up to 5000 calories even with decent food - you'd probably have to eat more of it in terms of portion size, but it would be, in my eyes, more healthy physically and emotionally to eat well but high calories than blow out at TGI or something.

Yes !!
    Not to mention. Most people on MFP got fat in the first place from over eating. 5000 EASELY adds up.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    ^ this is what I would expect.

and did OP say she plans to eat an entire pizza by herself in addition to all that other stuff. i guess i don't know what refeed is so I'm wondering why one would PLAN to eat this much. i get that sometimes for some people it could turn out to that much but why PLAN it?

if it's a "Free" day wouldnt part of the free be a spontanaeity? I'm not sure I get the intent of this day?

Ok basically put a refeed this.

http://resultbasedtraining.com.au/2013/02/21/what-is-a-carb-refeed-and-why-should-you-do-it/
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Ok I tried a refeed yesterday....my very 1st one after 18 months of great eating. I went over my cals by almost 2000....so that made ALMOST 5000 for yesterday. I still ate some good stuff but made sure it was high carb.

Today I feel like utter crap. I swelled up so bad my wedding rings are digging into me. I had leg cramps all night & sweated so much I was drenched. I have a massive headache that wont go & I feel like I would rather be dead.

I'm scared to eat today at all. Really I am. I'm feeling worse than when I had food poisoning. I'd rather that.

SO I did it for a reason, to refeed my body & so then the next few days should result in some great loss...... but why on earth would anyone put themselves through this on a weekly basis I have no idea....or why they would at any time.

I struggled to eat that much, I had to start at 9am & then not stop till about 11pm. I really did have to try hard. I totally regret it & even feel guilty for doing it.

It's really not that hard and it sounds as if you did not do it right - you generally do not go over maintenance, and if you do, it should not be by that much. Not sure why you did a refeed though as your ticker says you are at goal. Also, refeeds do not work that way re 'great losses' - it is a way to keep your metabolism ticking along. The whoosh people often get is a water weight release.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldn't plan. I'd just go for it!
  • meisha85
    meisha85 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Nutella
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    you climbing a mountain and need all that?
    Pizza, a whole one, 4 - 5 cups of rice with butter and olive oil, pork, French fries dipped in a giant chocolate shake. 6 hotdogs with avocados. a huge chunk of feta cheese.
    after you get sick on all this, are you sure you want to continue?
  • DopeyDudleyDursley
    Options
    I don't understand cheat days at all. I would say plan a cheat meal or two a week; however, to plan a whole day to binge is not a good idea. Unless you are refueling muscles after a huge run/ swim such as: Michael Phelps, you shouldn't be planning a day of eating this much more than your regular daily need.
    Just my opinion, take it for what it is- an opinion.

That said if you feel you really need this "day" to stay motivated then go for it; however, don't use it as an excuse to eat unhealthy foods. Rather fill up with fats (avocados, natural peanut butter, almonds) and use olive oil, coconut oil to cook your meats and incorporate some roast beef, or fattier meats such as pork, steak etc.
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    stuffed french toast OR waffles with Ice cream

Black and Blue burger with waffle fries and cheese

I xlg cupcake with a bunch of frosting

Hot wings with blue cheese dressing

Lots of liqour to finish the night off, including baby beers with heavy whipping cream
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Um...seems like a strange target. Why?
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    You're going to feel so ill afterwards. It's not worth it.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options

It's really not that hard and it sounds as if you did not do it right - you generally do not go over maintenance, and if you do, it should not be by that much. Not sure why you did a refeed though as your ticker says you are at goal. Also, refeeds do not work that way re 'great losses' - it is a way to keep your metabolism ticking along. The whoosh people often get is a water weight release.

Just because it says I'm at goal does not mean my body didnt need it. I eat way under my limit daily. I only ever eat 1500 at the most. I've never had a 'cheat' day in 18 months & figured this was better than that. I guess I was wrong. I actually wanted to see if I could get to 55kg & this would help. I'm stuck between 61 & 59.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options

WHY?
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    RIBS. All the ribs.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    mexican fooooooooood <3 and beer.