How would you plan a 5000 calorie cheat day?

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I don't. I'd rather not undo all my hard work.

If one day of eating 5000 calories alone undoes all of your hard work, then I can think of a few possible explanations:

1. You don't understand the math involved.
    2. Your "hard work" wasn't really much actual work at all.
    3. [Dagnabbit...once again, I set out to make a list of at least three things and can only think of two.]
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I think, for a 5000 calorie day, that was planned, or semi thought out,
    I would take myself to Starbucks first and have a nice large latte or cappuccino, a smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel and a chocolate chunk cookie.
    I would have a lunch of mushroom and cheese omelette, with chips(chunky fries).
    For dinner, I would have a Pizza Express pizza, garlic bread and chocolate fudge cake with mascarpone cheese.
    Then before bed, I would have a bag of Peanut M&Ms and a pint of Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough.
    Easily 5000.
  • 24at27
    24at27 Posts: 13
    Options
    Easy! I used to eat a dozen Sprinkles Red Velvet ( and sometimes a mix of 12 different) Cupcakes = 5964. I miss those! I could eat all 12 in one day. I loveee them so!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/pinktiger8?date=2013-05-05

This day alone is why they can't do a 5k cheat day. It's NOT a reffed people. Besides a refeed is not a 'just eat anything' it's got to be planned to basically be hi carb. You are all suggesting nothing but pure sugar, salt & fat.

If anything those suggesting that she go along with it & those suggesting the crap she eat are just as bad as the one thinking a cheat day is needed. There is no way on earth she has enough calorie credit to eat 5000cals in a day.

I'm wondering who are the real eating disorder ones here..... the OP or those who think it's more than ok to pump your body with 5k worth of fat, sugar & salt & then still be ok with it.

The fats, sugars and salt are really not that high on the day you show.

Context is relevant.

I consider them to be very high. 111 g of sugar is a little over 50 teaspoons of sugar. If you don't "get" how this is bad, I suggest you put 50 teaspoons of sugar into a glass - actually count it out -- and come back and tell me that isn't alarming. And remember, that's 111 OVER the daily recommended amount. If the OP doesn't have it already, I bet she is pre-diabetic. Cravings for sugar and extreme thirst are symptoms.

Do you know where the RDA came from?

Yep, the USDA.

context.

Anyway, after looking at her diary I suggest she eats 10000 cals of meat. I think I saw one day that may have met my standards for minimum protein.
  • meaningful99
    meaningful99 Posts: 174
    Options
    Pizza. Beer. Chocolate chip cookies. And lots and lots of cheese. //not that I've thought about this before. heh.
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Simple.

Step 1: eat
    Step 2: there is no step 2. Just eat.
    Step 3: see step 2

Problem = solved.

You're welcome
  • johnglenn1973
    johnglenn1973 Posts: 274
    Options
    So I sat down and calculated what I ate on a typical College Football Saturday last year, wow!!!! Just wow!!! Now that I'm on MFP I will definitely think differently on how I approach my gameday diet. Holy Smokes, 6,833 calories....easily. I could see myself throwing in some In-N-Out here too, I'm still a little shocked...now I know why I gained 25 lbs in less than a year...

Breakfast (8AM)
    ============
    L&L Hawaiian Loco Moco (Regular Size) - 1385 calories
    2 - 12 oz glasses of skim milk - 240 calories

Gametime (11AM-6PM)
    ====================
    6 - 12 oz bottles of Dos Equis Lager - 780 calories
    2 Grey Goose Martinis - 440 calories
    2 servings of Tostitos chips - 520 calories
    Queso Blanco Dip - 640 calories

****** 3 Hour Nap **********

Dinner (9PM)
    ==========
    10 Hooters ot Wings, 3 Mile Island Double Dipped - 1732 calories
    1 order of Hooters Curly Fries - 630 calories
    2 - 12 oz bottles of Dos Equis Lager - 260 calories

Night Cap (11PM)
    =======
    2 shots of Rumple - 206 calories
  • chanel1twenty
    chanel1twenty Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    So I sat down and calculated what I ate on a typical College Football Saturday last year, wow!!!! Just wow!!! Now that I'm on MFP I will definitely think differently on how I approach my gameday diet. Holy Smokes, 6,833 calories....easily. I could see myself throwing in some In-N-Out here too, I'm still a little shocked...now I know why I gained 25 lbs in less than a year...

Breakfast (8AM)
    ============

Gametime (11AM-6PM)
    ====================

Dinner (9PM)
    ==========

Night Cap (11PM)
    =======

Oh, yes. Most pro athletes consume upwards 5,000 a day. Michael Phelps is a great example-look into his diet. Seems shocking, but athletes NEED to eat like that. Other more energy (calories) you expel, the more you have to consume!
    I used to be a world-class competition cheerleader. When competition was upon me, it wasn't unusual for me to eat 3,000-5,000 cals/day- and I was 5'6, 100lbs soaking wet.
    Lifestyle matters! Everyone says "ewwww omg no" to 5k calories. That just means they've never been in a place where they needed to GAIN weight and that they've never been athletes (no offense intended).
  • ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Last time I had a legit cheat meal I went to Bon Chon and bought 40 wings, 2 bowls of rice, 1 seafood pancake, and 1 bottle of soju for a total of ~4000 calories.
  • johnglenn1973
    johnglenn1973 Posts: 274
    Options

Breakfast (8AM)
    ============

Gametime (11AM-6PM)
    ====================

Dinner (9PM)
    ==========

Night Cap (11PM)
    =======

Oh, yes. Most pro athletes consume upwards 5,000 a day. Michael Phelps is a great example-look into his diet. Seems shocking, but athletes NEED to eat like that. Other more energy (calories) you expel, the more you have to consume!
    I used to be a world-class competition cheerleader. When competition was upon me, it wasn't unusual for me to eat 3,000-5,000 cals/day- and I was 5'6, 100lbs soaking wet.
    Lifestyle matters! Everyone says "ewwww omg no" to 5k calories. That just means they've never been in a place where they needed to GAIN weight and that they've never been athletes (no offense intended).

Haha! Thanks CH120 :) Unfortunately I'm not playing sports...I'm watching them on TV...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/pinktiger8?date=2013-05-05

This day alone is why they can't do a 5k cheat day. It's NOT a reffed people. Besides a refeed is not a 'just eat anything' it's got to be planned to basically be hi carb. You are all suggesting nothing but pure sugar, salt & fat.

If anything those suggesting that she go along with it & those suggesting the crap she eat are just as bad as the one thinking a cheat day is needed. There is no way on earth she has enough calorie credit to eat 5000cals in a day.

I'm wondering who are the real eating disorder ones here..... the OP or those who think it's more than ok to pump your body with 5k worth of fat, sugar & salt & then still be ok with it.

The fats, sugars and salt are really not that high on the day you show.

Context is relevant.

I consider them to be very high. 111 g of sugar is a little over 50 teaspoons of sugar. If you don't "get" how this is bad, I suggest you put 50 teaspoons of sugar into a glass - actually count it out -- and come back and tell me that isn't alarming. And remember, that's 111 OVER the daily recommended amount. If the OP doesn't have it already, I bet she is pre-diabetic. Cravings for sugar and extreme thirst are symptoms.

Do you know where the RDA came from?

Yep, the USDA.

I mean the actual recommendation? How was it derived?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Simple.

Step 1: eat
    Step 2: there is no step 2. Just eat.
    Step 3: see step 2

Problem = solved.

You're welcome

I disagree...if...*IF* the objective is to eat 5000 calories. People are horrible about estimating the amount of calories in what they're eating...both directions. You can see it a lot on MFP around Thanksgiving/Christmas where people guess they ate 6-10k but when pressed to actually do the math, find they were closer to 3-5k.

That said, if the objective is just to have a "regular" cheat/splurge/EAT ALL TEH THINGZ!1!eleven!1 day, then yeah, your advice is solid.
  • Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'd do it with steak and cheese
  • darbybishopglime
    darbybishopglime Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Two words: Ice Cream
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    A couple boxes of cookies ought to do it.

Sorry, why would you do a 5,000 calorie cheat? Genuinely curious here.
  • vickydubuis
    vickydubuis Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    SO. MUCH. PIZZA. AND. ICE. CREAM.
  • vidasana87
    vidasana87 Posts: 75
    Options
    Ha. You're awesome. I like you.
    Even if I tried I couldn't eat 5k calories in a day. You people are ****ed up. XD

cool story jeff.

2 cups of B&J Half baked = 1,080 cal
    Large Dominos pepperoni pizza = 1, 680 cal
    Dominos cinna stix = 870 cal
    1 serving buffalo wings = 1200 cal
    Large coke = 310 cal
    > but then again, we should probably get a diet coke instead, nomsayin??

total = more than 5k.

your argument is invalid.
  • pinktiger8
    pinktiger8 Posts: 130
    Options
    Honestly it's so hard to pick. I'm trying to find foods that are worthy but then I realize I already do eat a lot of junk as is lol For example, I already had In N Out twice last month and several Mcdonalds so I'm not really craving those. But I have decided on

Whole medium pepperoni pizza from Pizza Hut (1600 cals)
    3 Krispy Kreme donuts (700 cals)
    Bacon and egg sandwich (childhood fav from local place) (800 cals?)
    Diddy Riese Ice Cream Sandwich (500 cals?)
    Vietnamese Pork and Egg roll Noodles (1000 cals?)
    Boba/Bubble Milk Tea (400 cals?)

Tentative list. My bday is actually very early next month but I don't wanna pig out on my bday! Maybe a week after. Anyway I guesstimated on a lot of the items, do you think they're accurate?
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I can't even imagine this now.

Funny, because I used to eat like this every other day without thought.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Here are some items that would be on my list:

Krispy Kreme donuts
    Dinner at Maggianos
    Lemonade from Cheesecake factory (they have the BEST lemonade EVER!)
    Any item on the Del Taco menu
    Hawaiian BBQ
    Mash potatoes
    Fudge with a chocolate mocha at Caribou Coffee
    Roasted Marshmellows
    Seafood cream pasta
    Cheese fries

I have no idea what the calorie content of these yummy items are, but I'm sure about getting close the to the 5000 mark, depending on the quantity.