How would you plan a 5000 calorie cheat day?

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldn't add up all the calories, I'd just eat whatever I wanted. It would probably look like this:

Breakfast: coffee with half-n-half and sugar, cherry cheesecake (600k)

Lunch: Burrito California from Peppers (giant supreme burrito smothered in queso), chips and guacamole (probably around 1500k)

Snack: another piece of cherry cheesecake (500k)

Dinner: My breaded chicken and pesto, with creamy parmesan rice and garlic bread (1500k)

Dessert: 2 full cups of Talenti gelato in chocolate with peanut butter cups (900)

That might actually be more than 5k
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Mine would involve pizza and cheesecake.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldn't add up all the calories, I'd just eat whatever I wanted. It would probably look like this:

Lunch: Burrito California from Peppers (giant supreme burrito smothered in queso), chips and guacamole (probably around 1500k)

Dinner: My breaded chicken and pesto, with creamy parmesan rice and garlic bread (1500k)

Dessert: 2 full cups of Talenti gelato in chocolate with peanut butter cups (900)

I actually make a cherry cheesecake with sour cream topping and cinnamon grahams that I love to death. I'd probably make that and just eat it all day long. In bed. Wearing sweats and fuzzy slippers.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I actually make a cherry cheesecake with sour cream topping and cinnamon grahams that I love to death. I'd probably make that and just eat it all day long. In bed. Wearing sweats and fuzzy slippers.

The week of Thanksgiving I was visiting my parents and I ate my mom's cherry cheesecake twice a day for 3 days in a row. I lost a pound that week.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

OMW
  • pinktiger8
    pinktiger8 Posts: 130
    Options
    Not an ice cream person or a cheesecake one lol I however like carrot cake, a packaged 600 cal slice from Fresh n Easy is good enough for me. I love eclairs too but donuts are close enough. I love cereal but I already eat it daily in large amounts. Too many delicious carbs!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    You don't plan a 5000 calorie cheat day. You shouldn't plan a cheat day at all. The key to hitting your goals is dedication, why set yourself back 3 days of hard dieting just for one day of eating till you're lethargic and regret it?

Just keep doing what you're doing and if you've hit a plateu, try increasing certain macros for a day or two or even adding 2-400 calories.

imo, planning an excessive cheat day is not only stupid, but detrimental to your goals in the long run.

You sound like buckets of fun. :drinker:

It's called dedication, something the weak-spined cheaters lack. Go and eat and drink yourself through 5k cals and tell me if it was worth it.

Protip: Its not.

I always like to tell guys to get into lifting heavy. But in your case, I believed you should put the heavy weights down, and pick up a book because your comprehension is lacking in this thread.
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Breakfast (~1450 cal): Bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, mushrooms on toast slathered with butter
    Lunch (~2200 cal): Large pepperoni, bacon and mushroom pizza with bbq sauce and the cheese stuffed crust, with garlic bread and wings
    Dinner (~2500 cal): Mixed Mexican - nachos, soft shell tacos, chimichanga, all with cheese and sour cream etc.
    Dessert (~2000 cal): Baked vanilla cheesecake, carrot cake with cream cheese icing, and coconut rough ice cream

Oh God. I'm hungry. One day I will do this.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    You don't plan a 5000 calorie cheat day. You shouldn't plan a cheat day at all. The key to hitting your goals is dedication, why set yourself back 3 days of hard dieting just for one day of eating till you're lethargic and regret it?

Just keep doing what you're doing and if you've hit a plateu, try increasing certain macros for a day or two or even adding 2-400 calories.

imo, planning an excessive cheat day is not only stupid, but detrimental to your goals in the long run.

It's called dedication, something the weak-spined cheaters lack. Go and eat and drink yourself through 5k cals and tell me if it was worth it.

At 22 I'm not sure you're qualified to give protips, regarding anything.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options

It is to me, because I enjoy going out and having a good time once in a while, eating good food that I love and not worrying about every little calorie for one night. It's leisure time - and we all spend it differently. Just because I relax with a good meal at a restaurant once a week doesn't make me a weak-spined cheater. lol

Let's see, 1/3 of an appetizer, a nice, fatty, tasty entree, and a sweet dessert, throw in drinks at any restaurant and you're well on your way to 5,000 calories already. Since I can't go out and do this more than once a month usually, if that, yeah, I go all out and enjoy myself - and no, I do not regret it - and yes, it is entirely worth it, because it doesn't hinder my weight loss or erase my progress.

its worth it to me, i enjoy it, and im still reaching my goals, actually, im losing ahead of schedule... to each their own... i call it a cheat day, i have a cheat day, im happy, i feel good, its working for me, end story.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options

Seriously. I follow some on instagram that are super into being fit. I can understand why. But I am telling you, if I had to eat the way they subject themselves to everyday in the name of "fitness" I would jump off a cliff.
  • sculawstudent
    Options
    I cant even imagine eating 5000 calories..
  • Babeskeez
    Options

you mean brotip? No thanks....brah.
  • Babeskeez
    Options
    And I would eat (dont know the cal count)

Breakfast- Perkins Eggs Benedict with hashbrowns, extra Hollandaise and blueberry muffing with whipped butter and orange juice
    Lunch- Would probably be l ight but maybe a Brueggers Bagels BLT Sandwich with soup, chips and a coke
    Dinner- a medium rare prime rib from Outback with loaded mashed, french onion soup and a salad
    I would top my night off with delicious boozy drinks
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'd eat 12 boxes of raisin bran and die happy

and cleansed.
  • Graphixxz
    Graphixxz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm not old enough to drink but the times I've had sips, I don't remember liking it. Besides i don't believe in drinking calories unless its reasonable like ~200 for a smoothie.

While I certainly wouldn't suggest 5000 calories of alcoholic beverages, I will suggest that you reconsider your stance on high-calories drinks...especially if you are looking for ways to add more calories. For the same reasons they can be problematic for those trying to eat at a deficit, they can be great for someone looking for more calories.

HELLLL YEEEAAAAAH!!!! That's the way I roll too!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    5000 does not sound like enough for optimal cheat day enjoyment levels. I would start out by increasing my calorie target to at least 7000.

On April 20th I ate 7041 calories and felt very satiated. 5,000 would not have been enough to satisfy my cravings!

I am not a big guy and am currently at my ideal weight. There is nothing wrong with "cheat day". Just make sure you adjust your calorie and macro targets for the rest of the week to compensate!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. That is not a cheat. That is an unhealthy binge.

What's the point in a completely healthy cheat day? I don't think you understand the concept.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

You believe you are a better person because you are fit and suffer for it than those people who are fit and do not have to suffer for it?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. That is not a cheat. That is an unhealthy binge.

What's the point in a completely healthy cheat day? I don't think you understand the concept.

Also, have you ever tried to eat completely 'healthy' on a high calorie day....it's horrible.