How would you plan a 5000 calorie cheat day?

Options

Replies

• JessicaJoanJarvis
    JessicaJoanJarvis Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    To the people saying they 'couldn't possibly eat that much!' - Just LOL at you all!
    You're on MFP... So, let me guess... You became overweight by eating 1,200 calories a day, right?

Psh.

Hahaha love this
  • hungrypotato
    hungrypotato Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I don't plan bad days but if I feel like just saying f it for that day. I eat like a pig.
    And then go right back to good days.

I probably ate more than 5k a day when I was bigger
    LoL I would breeze through 5k. That is nothin

Large pack Oreos like 2k
    X-large Oreo milk shake like 1k
    Large pizza 2k

There you go.
  • chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I don't plan it. It just happens. It usually includes a bottle of wine and a general loss of all sensibility...lol.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Like this.............

normal_1258242382.jpg
  • BorntoROAR
    BorntoROAR Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    OMG..............................i love that picture!

I could easily hit 5000 calories. Just let me in a great bakery!
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Like this.............

normal_1258242382.jpg

ding ding! :drinker:
  • Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Now I want cheesecake...........
  • badjuju775
    badjuju775 Posts: 47
    Options
    Breakfast @ Waffle House
    Lunch @ Five Guys Burgers & Fries
    Dinner @ Japanese Hibachi
    Plus lots and lots of Southern Comfort

and the next day I would be sick as a dog with a bad hangover...
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I might have eaten 5000kcal a few times in my life, but really though, I'm a light weight. Since losing weight I've had hot flushes if I eat a lot more than my body needs in one sitting (one slice of cake after I'd really eaten enough already set me off for over an hour!) and since being pregnant my body expells the food it doesn't have the energy to process.

To stand a chance, especially as I don't eat meat, I'd have to eat sweet stuff. I thought a bottle of champagne would be a good idea, but then realised I'd probably 'lose' that too.:noway: I can see me trying to get that many calories in the day after a long run (if I ever get to doing long runs), but I wouldn't hold myself to 5000kcal if it made me physically uncomfortable.
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Biscuits and gravy, sausage, scrambled eggs and hashed brown potatoes.

Lunch: Greasy cheese burger perfectly cooked with fries and a chocolate malt.

Dinner: Mexican ALL THE WAY!!! Bring the chips, cheese dip, guacamole, a large combo platter and margaritas. Then...

Post Dinner Snack: Nuts (whole beautiful unsalted unroasted nuts, cashews, walnuts, almonds, Brazil nuts, peanuts...yes I know some of these are truly not nuts, but oh well), and a bottle of wine.

WOO!!! WOO!!! :)
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Like this.............

normal_1258242382.jpg

tumblr_lx2w5k05LM1qgacym.gif

tumblr_mdn379FVn31ro2d43.gif
  • jgcurry3
    jgcurry3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I don't plan for em they just happen when family is in town. Im not turning down grandmas pecan pie because it'll set me back a day. Im not turning down mom's casserole because it has too many calories, and Im definitely not turning down a beer with the friends I rarely get to see just so I don't have to bust my own *kitten* a little harder.
  • jgcurry3
    jgcurry3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Oh and last time I checked the last time one of the elite won his Mr. Olympia title he celebrated with fried chicken and weed. He also had a shirt that said Arnold is numero uno.

Protip: The gym will always be there, people and events won't be. Enjoy them while you can and don't get so wrapped up in yourself.
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Protip: The gym will always be there, people and events won't be. Enjoy them while you can and don't get so wrapped up in yourself.

Agreed. Life is too short to diet to the point that you miss out on enjoying social events with your friends & family.
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Since this is more FANTASY for me, than a reality.. I would play it like this: (also, I would be able to consume gluten just because it has to be like that..and again its fantasy)

Breakfast: McDonalds Bagel Breakfast Sandwich, Hasbrown and a Large Coffee. Est 650-700 cals.

Lunch: Salisbury House Hamburger, side of Fries, Coleslaw and a Thick Chocolate Milkshake. Est.. 1,100?

Dinner: Entire Extra-Cheese-Thick-Crust-Pizza.. Maybe thin... Est. 1,000-1,500 Cals?

Snacks: Peanut Butter Bar .. Est. 300 Cals

..Hmmm..

Snacks? .. Popcorn, Buttery Popcorn ..and Diet Pepsi... :) Est. 1,000-1,300 (Movie popcorn)

Chocolate anywhere inbetween..Lmao

Goal fictitiously attained.
  • Sactown900
    Sactown900 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My cheat day was having a bite of a small slice of Fruit Basket white cake with whipped cream frosting last Saturday.

It WAS great. A year ago I would have tried to eat half the $70 cake.

I am too OCD right now to think of blowing this

Maybe on 1/3/14, when I make goal.
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    At my age, a 5,000 calorie cheat day would probably kill me, but....

My dream Mother's Day dinner would be:

Appetizer: Maryland Crab Cakes (lump crabmeat only--no filler)
    Monkey bread dripping with garlic butter
    Salad wedge with a zippy blue cheese and thick bacon crumbles
    Entree: 8 oz. filet mignon with crab and bernaise
    Sides: Asparagus with hollendaise, grilled mushrooms and onions in a red wine sauce
    Chocolate mousse AND bananas foster, followed by a few Godiva raspberry truffles

Pepto chaser and a ride to the ER!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    At my age, a 5,000 calorie cheat day would probably kill me, but....

My dream Mother's Day dinner would be:

Appetizer: Maryland Crab Cakes (lump crabmeat only--no filler)
    Monkey bread dripping with garlic butter
    Salad wedge with a zippy blue cheese and thick bacon crumbles
    Entree: 8 oz. filet mignon with crab and bernaise
    Sides: Asparagus with hollendaise, grilled mushrooms and onions in a red wine sauce
    Chocolate mousse AND bananas foster, followed by a few Godiva raspberry truffles

Pepto chaser and a ride to the ER!

That sounds like a day. Although I don't know what monkey bread is.

ETA - cinnamon type sweet bread with garlic butter??
  • pinktiger8
    pinktiger8 Posts: 130
    Options
    I might have overestimated myself. I had a mini cheat day today at the buffet, I estimated around 2000 calories, and I am stuffed! I still feel queasy hours after. I might have a small dinner or snack later though.

119pedu.jpg

But this is because this meal was eaten in a span of 1.5 hr. If I spread it out(breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner), 5000 is possible. Anybody watch competitive eating on Youtube like furiouspete, mattstonie, jamie mcdonald? They eat 10,000+ calories at a time but are far from obese which is where I got the 5000 calorie idea from (scaled down to fit my size). I used to think they were so lucky but now I can't imagine doing what they do because even at the buffet, I stopped enjoying the food after the 3rd plate but I ate more because my greedy self wanted to try everything.
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Okay heres my fantasy 5000 calorie day

Pre breakfast breakfast:
    Big bowl of raisin bran 500cal
    Toast with peanut butter banana and honey 450cal

Morning snack:
    Tim hortons choclate chip muffin 390cal
    Tim hortons large mocha latte 290cal
    Tim hortons boston creme donut 250cal

1880cal

Lunch
    Noodle box spicy peanut 985cal

Snack
    Kit kat chunky 320cal
    380 calories of chocolate almonds

Dinner
    Panago deluxe hawiian pizza 6 large slices 1020 cal

With my final 500 calories I would have a dairy queen blizzard!

Now I look back at this all, im pretty sure when I was obese alot of my days looked like this. Oh man.