What If Celebs Were Actually Full-Figured? (PICS)

Options

Replies

• BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'll just throw myself under the bus....they all look less attractive after enhancements
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider that "Full Figured", maybe obese.

Not mention that Scarlett appears to have grown a ding-dong.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    While you may view this word as just a technical, clinical word, it's perceived as quite offensive by many. Perhaps you are ignorant to this fact, or if you're not currently "obese" it's difficult to understand just how awful that word actually is. Please allow me to enlighten you with a quote from a friend:

PandaPudges: "There is not a single word in the world, when relating to body image, that pisses me off more than 'obese'. Obese, to me, is being "so big you cannot move without some form of motorized transport." So big you can barely stand anymore and even then it's a nasty, nasty word. I do not see yours or my own body type in my head when I hear that horrible word. We are curvy, we are luscious, we are voluptuous... we sure as *&@( aren't obese.... Excuse my swears O.o"

Perhaps a bit of sensitivity is on order when flinging around such phrases, especially if you yourself are not overweight or obese. I would compare it to calling a black person "colored". Is this technically a true statement? Yes, a black person has more pigmentation and therefore, possesses more color than a lighter skinned person. Is it still completely offensive and inappropriate? Certainly.

Obese is not a bad or rude word. It's the truth. So many people on here have said themselves that realizing they're considered obese was the turning point for them. Obese is a person of an unhealthy weight. Why do we have to sugar coat it??
  • BeinAwesome247
    Options

:laugh: does look that way
  • _DaniD_
    Options

Just when I thought she couldn't get any more perfect..
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Not sure what the point of this is. Taking other people's REAL bodies and morphing them into something of a caricature for our amusement is a little strange.

I'd think that if everyone in Tron Legacy was as "full-figured" as the poster girl, it would quite an interesting flick to watch, being an action movie and all. I guess I might watch out of curiosity just to see those bodies in action.
  • BeinAwesome247
    Options
    While you may view this word as just a technical, clinical word, it's perceived as quite offensive by many. Perhaps you are ignorant to this fact, or if you're not currently "obese" it's difficult to understand just how awful that word actually is. Please allow me to enlighten you with a quote from a friend:

PandaPudges: "There is not a single word in the world, when relating to body image, that pisses me off more than 'obese'. Obese, to me, is being "so big you cannot move without some form of motorized transport." So big you can barely stand anymore and even then it's a nasty, nasty word. I do not see yours or my own body type in my head when I hear that horrible word. We are curvy, we are luscious, we are voluptuous... we sure as *&@( aren't obese.... Excuse my swears O.o"

Perhaps a bit of sensitivity is on order when flinging around such phrases, especially if you yourself are not overweight or obese. I would compare it to calling a black person "colored". Is this technically a true statement? Yes, a black person has more pigmentation and therefore, possesses more color than a lighter skinned person. Is it still completely offensive and inappropriate? Certainly.

Obese is not a bad or rude word. It's the truth. So many people on here have said themselves that realizing they're considered obese was the turning point for them. Obese is a person of an unhealthy weight. Why do we have to sugar coat it??

How about we switch the word obese for round? That's what my 6y.o. says after my "round" aunt and "round" mother lectured her about how it's not nice to tell people they're fat :huh:

Last year I gained back weight - not much but enough - spawn says to me: "mom, you're looking less straight and more round"

Would round be more acceptable?
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options

Let's not get into semantics wars here. Everyone has their own idea of what "full-figured", "curvy" and "fat" is and I really don't want this topic turning into a discussion of which label is the right one. It doesn't really matter.

^That.

I will say that the Tron one is a little scary. Even at my weight now I couldn't wear something like that, haha.
  • sugarandspice27
    sugarandspice27 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Not sure what the point of this is. Taking other people's REAL bodies and morphing them into something of a caricature for our amusement is a little strange.

I'd think that if everyone in Tron Legacy was as "full-figured" as the poster girl, it would quite an interesting flick to watch, being an action movie and all. I guess I might watch out of curiosity just to see those bodies in action.

There are actually some people that have a fetish about women gaining weight; there's an entire subculture out there.
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I like full figured, personally.

I like you. :)
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options

How about we switch the word obese for round? That's what my 6y.o. says after my "round" aunt and "round" mother lectured her about how it's not nice to tell people they're fat :huh:

Last year I gained back weight - not much but enough - spawn says to me: "mom, you're looking less straight and more round"

Would round be more acceptable?

No Obese is obese! Just deal with it.
  • sugarandspice27
    Options

According to this mentality, let's call people with learning disabilities and lower IQs "retards". Why sugar coat that?

Do you even hear yourself?
  • DawnOBRN
    DawnOBRN Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    The Tron one made me LOL. She should be a new bad *kitten* Disney character!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

I seriously can't believe you just compared the use of the word obese and colored. :noway:

I NEVER hear obese as an insult. Someone says I used to be a lard@ss and I know they're being mean. Someone says I used to be obese, and they're stating facts. I'm currently at the high end of overweight and was obese up until a few months ago. I don't like thinking of myself as obese b/c the picture of obese in my brain is far larger than the size 16 jeans I was wearing, but facts are facts. I don't feel like looking up the proper definitions right now, but the people who are so big that they can't get around, probably fall into the morbidly obese category.

I think the reason you don't like obese is because it's pretty cut and dry. Curvy or full figured leaves a lot to the imagination. Obese doesn't. If you don't want to be obese, continue to work hard, and get in shape. But striking obese from your dictionary doesn't change it's existence. I can call myself voluptuous all day long but I'm still going to be overweight. Until I'm not.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

According to this mentality, let's call people with learning disabilities and lower IQs "retards". Why sugar coat that?

Now you're just being silly. Retard is not a clinical term or clearly defined. Obese is.
  • _DaniD_
    Options

You're comparing calling someone a retard to calling someone obese? A little off base, don't you think?

Also, the proper term is mentally challenged, but I'm sure you already know that.
  • sugarandspice27
    Options

I seriously can't believe you just compared the use of the word obese and colored. :noway:

I NEVER hear obese as an insult. Someone says I used to be a lard@ss and I know they're being mean. Someone says I used to be obese, and they're stating facts. I'm currently at the high end of overweight and was obese up until a few months ago. I don't like thinking of myself as obese b/c the picture of obese in my brain is far larger than the size 16 jeans I was wearing, but facts are facts. I don't feel like looking up the proper definitions right now, but the people who are so big that they can't get around, probably fall into the morbidly obese category.

I think the reason you don't like obese is because it's pretty cut and dry. Curvy or full figured leaves a lot to the imagination. Obese doesn't. If you don't want to be obese, continue to work hard, and get in shape. But striking obese from your dictionary doesn't change it's existence. I can call myself voluptuous all day long but I'm still going to be overweight. Until I'm not.

The problem with obese is that is ASSUMES no shape whatsoever. Someone can be overweight and ALSO curvy (if we use the standard of boobs out, waist in, hips out). Someone can be average weight and also curvy. Someone can be obese and NOT full figured and someone can be obese and have a full figure. Obese is just a huge blanket statement with zero variation. It's clinical and has no personality whatsoever. And if you think it's not offensive, think again. There's a conversation going on on my wall right now about just how offensive it is.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

The problem with obese is that is ASSUMES no shape whatsoever. Someone can be overweight and ALSO curvy (if we use the standard of boobs out, waist in, hips out). Someone can be average weight and also curvy. Someone can be obese and NOT full figured and someone can be obese and have a full figure. Obese is just a huge blanket statement with zero variation. It's clinical and has no personality whatsoever. And if you think it's not offensive, think again. There's a conversation going on on my wall right now about just how offensive it is.

There's a conversation going on on my wall right now about how aliens built the pyramids. Doesn't mean it's true. And there's a conversation going on right now in this very thread about how it isn't offensive... just sayin.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options

You're comparing calling someone a retard to calling someone obese? A little off base, don't you think?

Also, the proper term is mentally challenged, but I'm sure you already know that.

Obese is a medical term. Dios mio... Why am i in here?
  • sugarandspice27
    Options

There's a conversation going on on my wall right now about how aliens built the pyramids. Doesn't mean it's true.

Ok, well if you want to be absurd and completely not open to discussion, there's no point in even continuing.