What If Celebs Were Actually Full-Figured? (PICS)

Options

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I found the Tron poster disturbing :laugh: It just didn't even look realistic..
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    why is everyone looking up weird fetishes and posting them on here?

Why.gif

What if we arent?

What if you are?

furries-2.jpg
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I found the Tron poster disturbing :laugh: It just didn't even look realistic..

well the starting image was already heavily shopped, so it could really only go down from there
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    full figured?? that's WAY more than what I would call full figured. I call Jordan Sparks full figured. What you've done to them is made them obese.

I know this technically has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but I agree to disagree about Jordin. I think she's tall and broad shouldered but I don't consider her full-figured just because she's hourglass shaped. She might not be rail thin, diesel, etc. but she's not "full" anymore.

I consider a full-figured person to be someone round but hourglass with a higher percentage of body fat.
    I consider someone obese to be either apple shaped or pear shaped with more fat in the belly area with a high percentage of body fat
    I think largeness is more visible on someone who is either very heavy on top or bottom, and given that criteria, I think the morphed figures are much more likely to be deemed "obese". If they were proportionally more balanced, I think this would be a different thread all together.

jordin-sparks-in-kevan-hall-cmt-awards.png
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options

Why.gif

What if we arent?

What if you are?

furries-2.jpg

What if it's just a typical day-in-the-life-of ?
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options
    I kind of always thought of beyoncé as full figured. Jordin Sparks looks a lot thinner in that photo than what I've seen in the past, but I never keep up with celebs. Vida Guerra is full figured. JLO is also full figured.
  • zaftiggirl
    zaftiggirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    oh-please.gif

This is one of those topics that people won't agree on, no matter how rational the arguments on either side are.

Some people seem to think that if fat people are at all ok with their fatness, they are just stupid; essentially a ticking diabetes time bomb. If you are morbidly obese with an addiction to food and overeating, that is going to definitely set you up for health problems. If you are an overweight to moderately obese person, (like myself) who works out 3-5 times a week, eats healthy foods 90% of the time at a very moderate calorie deficit, and doesn't want to be thin... why do you care what I call myself? My health is between me and my doctor.

This is about a person being allowed to love and accept every version of themselves, and keep improving themselves based on that love and acceptance. So yes - for some being called obese is a huge wakeup call, and it fuels a lifestyle change for the better. Some people loathe that obese version of themselves, and personally I think that can make them less accepting of other people who are where they once were.

But for others, accepting their fat, obese bodies as beautiful and voluptuous and whatever the f they want IS the impetus for that lifelong healthy changes, because they stop hating their bodies and get out of that cycle of self-destructiveness, which usually just leads to worse mental and physical health. And positive messages about being kind to our bodies, either way, are needed in our society.

It shouldn't bother you if someone calls themselves "full-figured," even if, by your definition, they are "obese." It doesn't mean they are sugar coating anything. If an thin girl calls herself "slender" but I choose to call her "anorexic," even though I don't know anything about her health habits and I'm not a doctor, then I'm out of line. If she REALLY is anorexic, then guess what? It's still none of my business, because it's not my body! The fact is, you can't tell if most people are obese or anorexic just from a picture.

There ARE extremes that are unhealthy. But there are plenty of people who are at the low and high end of the healthy spectrum that don't need any policing about the words they choose to use to positively describe themselves or others... most of the people on this forum are here for improvement, and that's what really matters.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    It's interesting because some of "the original photos" are professional magazine photos of famous celebrities, and you can see they were already photo shopped, like a painting. So, both photos are photo shopped.

Although, I do agree with the Op, that whatever words you (or your partner or friends or audience) use to describe you, you are what you are, so what does it really matter. Is it really such a terrible tragedy if a person describes themselves one way and another person has a temporary misconception that gets cleared up anyhow (when seeing a photo or seeing them in person). Seems like a non-problem to me. And words do have multiple meanings and are interpreted differently by different people and mean different things to different people because they are subjective and have multiple meanings. Some people place personally very strict guidelines on the usage of certain words when being applied to the female body. Perhaps the misuse of words leads to misunderstandings of the meaning of words, resulting in people not wanting to use certain words because it now has a different cultural meaning. But, when it comes to words that describe body shape, the reality is that there will be variation in how that actually looks from person to person. Someone may have a "shape" based on a very one dimensional piece of data such as a measurement, but that really explains little to nothing about how that actually looks and is composed upon that person's body. And there will always be people that are slim, fit, muscular, overweight, etc...that are still all put into a "body type" category due to the fact that body type categorization is not a very accurate way of describing a person's body and does not take into account the actual level of variation that exists. And really this is not something that I consider to have a high level of importance. In real life, this sort of thing never even comes up.

^^Absolutely perfect.^^ BTW welcome to Chit Chat Fun and Games, where a harmless set of photos turns into yet another MFP raging arguement thread.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    While you may view this word as just a technical, clinical word, it's perceived as quite offensive by many. Perhaps you are ignorant to this fact, or if you're not currently "obese" it's difficult to understand just how awful that word actually is. Please allow me to enlighten you with a quote from a friend:

PandaPudges: "There is not a single word in the world, when relating to body image, that pisses me off more than 'obese'. Obese, to me, is being "so big you cannot move without some form of motorized transport." So big you can barely stand anymore and even then it's a nasty, nasty word. I do not see yours or my own body type in my head when I hear that horrible word. We are curvy, we are luscious, we are voluptuous... we sure as *&@( aren't obese.... Excuse my swears O.o"

Perhaps a bit of sensitivity is on order when flinging around such phrases, especially if you yourself are not overweight or obese. I would compare it to calling a black person "colored". Is this technically a true statement? Yes, a black person has more pigmentation and therefore, possesses more color than a lighter skinned person. Is it still completely offensive and inappropriate? Certainly.

Obese is not a bad or rude word. It's the truth. So many people on here have said themselves that realizing they're considered obese was the turning point for them. Obese is a person of an unhealthy weight. Why do we have to sugar coat it??

According to this mentality, let's call people with learning disabilities and lower IQs "retards". Why sugar coat that?

Do you even hear yourself?

If we were to get rid of all descriptors that people were offended by, we would be getting rid of pretty much every descriptor out there.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I kind of always thought of beyoncé as full figured. Jordin Sparks looks a lot thinner in that photo than what I've seen in the past, but I never keep up with celebs. Vida Guerra is full figured. JLO is also full figured.

This is by no means an argument but I find J. Lo so athletic looking. I would never deem her full figured, even with dat butt. She's very small on top, and very defined. To me, she has a very "fitness model" shape (with, of course, months where she looks softer).

Beyonce, I do agree with "full figured" depending on the time of year. I know she's been very small, and much larger. Her thighs and butt probably comprise most of her fat though, although she has leaned them out for movies like Dreamgirls. She's very small in the middle and upper body (in my opinion). Another body I would sooner deem "athletic" though, especially since I've seen her in person and she's a lot shorter than you expect, and smaller too.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options

Why.gif

What if we arent?

What if you are?

furries-2.jpg

is the dog mad because it's pink....or mad because it realises it now has a sister wife.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

is the dog mad because it's pink....or mad because it realises it now has a sister wife.

tumblr_lial9mMFmp1qdlkgg.gif
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options

This is by no means an argument but I find J. Lo so athletic looking. I would never deem her full figured, even with dat butt. She's very small on top, and very defined. To me, she has a very "fitness model" shape (with, of course, months where she looks softer).

Beyonce, I do agree with "full figured" depending on the time of year. I know she's been very small, and much larger. Her thighs and butt probably comprise most of her fat though, although she has leaned them out for movies like Dreamgirls. She's very small in the middle and upper body (in my opinion). Another body I would sooner deem "athletic" though, especially since I've seen her in person and she's a lot shorter than you expect, and smaller too.

I guess I just think curvy and full figured are terms for women who are healthy / athletic as opposed to waif thin. Or maybe my range of what I consider full figured is wider than yours. Either way, I'm not that emotionally invested in the opinion...lol
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    ... And with this, I bow out...

Good timing, OP. :laugh:

I know right?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR29ZZh1cAtwemAUVW6SirwU60kvS-1ruaLhHtgDdz8_zfFijiLQ

I'm not running, this is just not the direction I had intended this thread to go and I'm choosing to step away from this. There's no point in continuing an argument about it and it really has no meaning in reality. It will not change my life if you think I'm obese, morbidly obese, curvy or full figured. None of this actually matters.

Ooh yeah, ooh yeah
    Nothing really matters
    Anyone can see
    Nothing really matters - nothing really matters to me
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options

THIS! All this...*looks for napkins*

Oh and, if you're obese, you're obese. It's a CLINICAL TERM. End of story. Don't wanna be? Do something about it.

You're not voluptuous, curvy, thick, juicy, big boned, whatever. Stop describing yourself like a piece of ribeye.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    ... And with this, I bow out...

Good timing, OP. :laugh:

I know right?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR29ZZh1cAtwemAUVW6SirwU60kvS-1ruaLhHtgDdz8_zfFijiLQ

I'm not running, this is just not the direction I had intended this thread to go and I'm choosing to step away from this. There's no point in continuing an argument about it and it really has no meaning in reality. It will not change my life if you think I'm obese, morbidly obese, curvy or full figured. None of this actually matters.

Ooh yeah, ooh yeah
    Nothing really matters
    Anyone can see
    Nothing really matters - nothing really matters to me

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReDlXZEBDe01KxycO-4MsA22Xpp60Ojr02ictvKx9c_JAJn6QzIA
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

THIS! All this...*look for napkins*

Oh and, if you're obese, you're obese. It's a CLINICAL TERM. End of story. Don't wanna be? Do something about it.

You're not voluptuous, curvy, thick, juicy, big boned, whatever. Stop describing yourself like a piece of ribeye.

Imma hand my hubby a bottle of A1 when he walks in the door from work. And. Be. Nekkid.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I'd still tackle ScarJo...
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options

Imma hand my hubby a bottle of A1 when he walks in the door from work. And. Be. Nekkid.

A great steak doesn't need A1 :wink:
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    The second pic of the Tron poster should read "In 3DD".