Abercrombie and Fitch CEO "hates fat chicks"

Options
shareelynette
shareelynette Posts: 22 Member
Has anyone else seen this article?? Good lord how shallow can a person be! I will never give them my business even when I can fit into their "exclusive" clothing!

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/abercrombie-fitch-ceo-explains-why-he-hates-fat-chicks/

Replies

• redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I read it and it literally made me want to throw up in my mouth. What an ignorant and stupid thing to put out there...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I remember the time my godmother and I went into this store for the first time. We thought the little bras on the wall were a joke and circled the whole entire store before realizing they weren't getting ANY bigger and we were on our way out the exit.

So I backed up and asked the girl....do you have any bra's for a person my size (in earnest). Blank stare. Like seriously totally blank. I wondered if the zombie apocolypse had just started at that moment. Then when we walked out all cool and collected my godmother snarted, squarted, and peezed, all at the same time while snarfing, and i forget the others (see the other thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/981759-why-is-snarting-primarily-a-female-phenomenon.)

I was totally serious and saw no humor in the situation WHATsoever since I sincerely wanted to buy my bra at a place that smelled so wonderful and was so dimly lit.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Now that I read the article I'm just gonna buy one of their men's T-Shirts in size extra large meant for athletes and wear it to the next public appearance this man does.

Abercrombie-and-Fitch-T-Shirts-901_LRG.jpg

I just hope it gets to happen before I fit into his regular sized clothes.

QUOTED FROM ARTICLE: "Lewis said that the only reason Abercrombie offers XL and XXL in men’s sizes is to appeal to large athletes"
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    This is Mark Jefferies...clearly he was NOT part of the cool kids, and is trying way to hard to be one. Sorry buddy, your time has passed.

th_628x471_zps34f0354e.jpg[/URL]
  • winf
    winf Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I love A&F.... it lets me identify whos a *kitten* without even having to talk to them. On the other hand I hate their stores and the all out assault on my senses they are making by spraying that damn pefume in the air. Walking past A&F is worse than walking past a yankee hill candle store. I can seriously smell the local A&F from across the mall. It is non consensual.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    This is Mark Jefferies...clearly he was NOT part of the cool kids, and is trying way to hard to be one. Sorry buddy, your time has passed.

th_628x471_zps34f0354e.jpg[/URL]

Thanks now I know who to look for when I'm all decked out in his XXL t shirt and jacket. I'll probably find a bag or backpack to rock or anything else with their logo. It'll be a Fitch in.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    k-bigpic.jpg

a picture is worth a thousand words. If my kid wanted to model for this guy, i'd draw the line. seriously.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    http://www.dailypilot.com/media/photo/2011-03/60534595.jpg
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/225719_560467807336885_2130069962_n.jpg

oooooh snap. apparently they anger different groups of people for different reasons? yikes. very controversial. might not be an accident. may be the whole no press is bad press thingie.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I walk a wide circle around that store in the mall because the stench is enough to incapacitate an elephant. I don't know how the skinny kids who shop and work there can do so without gas masks.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Everybody is entitled to their opinion. He does not like "FAT" chicks wearing his clothes, I take my money elsewhere and buy from someone whose opinion is different from A&F. What's the problem.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I walk a wide circle around that store in the mall because the stench is enough to incapacitate an elephant. I don't know how the skinny kids who shop and work there can do so without gas masks.
    Me too. My friend always wanted to shop there, but I just couldn't stand getting within 20 feet of the entrance! I'd wait outside for her.

I know I used to own a couple pair of their pants years ago, but I bought them at a thrift store. I'm not about name brands, but they fit my long legs and were cheap. I like cheap.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options

The smell is obnoxious! I read the article but I still like some of their women's clothing. When I was super skinny I wore them a lot. Now my shoulders bust out of everything. If I get bigger sizes to fit them, it looks like maternity wear.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    I read it and it literally made me want to throw up in my mouth. What an ignorant and stupid thing to put out there...
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else seen this article?? Good lord how shallow can a person be! I will never give them my business even when I can fit into their "exclusive" clothing!

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/abercrombie-fitch-ceo-explains-why-he-hates-fat-chicks/

Read kind of a similar story about Lululemon... http://techmommy.ca/2012/03/09/i-will-never-own-a-pair-of-lululemon-pants/

I was confused when I read that they don't make the Plus sizes because the fabric is too expensive and larger people wouldn't be able to afford them.... weird, being that they have no problem making the men's sizes large... large enough to fit a size 18 woman. And franky... I don't know any heavier woman that wouldn't shell out any amount of money to assist in looking great. I spent $100 on a pair of Silver Jeans yesterday because my *kitten* looks amazing in them and the "treat" of being able to see myself as a sexy woman right now gave me a boosted effort in my campaign to loose weight. Sometimes that's all we need.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Meh, their clothes are poorly made and overpriced.

Fun fact: The only time I wore Abercrombie and Fitch was when I was an overweight middle schooler.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Meh, their clothes are poorly made and overpriced.

Fun fact: The only time I wore Abercrombie and Fitch was when I was an overweight middle schooler.

I go there because they objectify their male employees. Mama likes.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    This is old news. People still care about Abercrombie and Fitch?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    This is old news. People still care about Abercrombie and Fitch?
    Also, this.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I love A&F.... it lets me identify whos a *kitten* without even having to talk to them. On the other hand I hate their stores and the all out assault on my senses they are making by spraying that damn pefume in the air. Walking past A&F is worse than walking past a yankee hill candle store. I can seriously smell the local A&F from across the mall. It is non consensual.

Haha ^^This^^

Ironic too that one of the ugliest men I've ever seen says he only wants good looking people wearing his product.... he must not wear his own clothes then.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    As a fat chick that the CEO hates, I have to say... I don't give a *kitten*.