Abercrombie and Fitch CEO "hates fat chicks"

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    They hate poor people too...They BURN thousands of pieces of unsold clothing every year instead of donating them, because poor people wearing their stuff it bad for their image....

Wow, that's horrible!!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I took my daughters in there one time, and they found a boatload of stuff on sale--I mean a ton things. As the nasty little sale person was ringing up our stuff (I mean tons, maybe 30 items or more--it was a huge sale), I asked him about their perfume, and he looked up at me, and gave me a snarl and smugly said...that's number 8 or something like that....

I said, wow...are you having a good day, because your attitude is kinda, ummmm....not cool. He looked a bit shocked, straighten up just a wee bit, and keep ringing up our HUGE load of stuff and didn't bother to answer me. As I was watching him ring our stuff up...I was looking around at the weird pics and told my daughters, ya know what? I don't like the "tudes" up in here--my two daughters whispered to me and said--that's why we never come in here--it's weird up in here, mother--let's go somewhere else--to Lucky Brand instead. I said, you're right! The young dude looked at me and rolled his prissy eyes and continued ringing up our huge purchase. I just looked at him--with one eye brow raised. When it got to the last item, it gave me the total...which was a lot and he dared to say, hmmmph he gave me the total.... I looked at him and said:

"Ya know what sweetie...I don't like your attitude--I've changed my mind--I'm not getting any of this stuff, I'm going to take my daughters to Lucky Brand instead and give them our money and business instead of you--so you can just cancel that big huge order and have fun putting all that stuff back....then I said--- HMMMMPH!

He looked at me and said, oh my God, I'm sorry, I'm sorry--I'm soooo sorry!!!! I told him I am too--next time he'd better treat people like he wants to be treated, and not like your customers are doing you a favor honey and my daughters and I flounced out the store with prissy delight and shopped until we dropped at Lucky Brand instead (which is one of my daughters favorite stores).

My daughters have NEVER stepped their skinny selves in that store since!

Hmmmmmph :smooched:

I love this!! WTG! :drinker:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Obviously, it's clear, that guy has some serious problems.
  • Chobbes
    Chobbes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Glad he came out as a douche. Always good to be an "informed" consumer. Maybe people will drop less coin in his stores and this will hurt their bottom line. His Board of Directors will not be happy.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I hate that damn store. I used to go pull the pants up on their stupid models and tighten the belts to hold the pants where they belonged.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've never went into that store, and now I never will.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I went in there for ****s and giggles. I'm a size Medium in shirts everywhere else... their version of a "Medium" is more like an XX-Small.

Unbelievable.
  • abberwocky
    abberwocky Posts: 19
    Options
    Haha, I was just coming to the message boards to post the same article when I saw this! Gives me even more motivation to lose weight; I'm going to get small enough to wear their clothes, and then boybott them!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I hate fat chicks, too. That's why I decided to not be one anymore! :tongue:
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    THe 10/10 hbb's on the other hand mire hard and get D so its all good.

I don't even understand what you said there.

Glad it's not just me, because I didn't understand it either :laugh:
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options

I took my daughters in there one time, and they found a boatload of stuff on sale--I mean a ton things. As the nasty little sale person was ringing up our stuff (I mean tons, maybe 30 items or more--it was a huge sale), I asked him about their perfume, and he looked up at me, and gave me a snarl and smugly said...that's number 8 or something like that....

I said, wow...are you having a good day, because your attitude is kinda, ummmm....not cool. He looked a bit shocked, straighten up just a wee bit, and keep ringing up our HUGE load of stuff and didn't bother to answer me. As I was watching him ring our stuff up...I was looking around at the weird pics and told my daughters, ya know what? I don't like the "tudes" up in here--my two daughters whispered to me and said--that's why we never come in here--it's weird up in here, mother--let's go somewhere else--to Lucky Brand instead. I said, you're right! The young dude looked at me and rolled his prissy eyes and continued ringing up our huge purchase. I just looked at him--with one eye brow raised. When it got to the last item, it gave me the total...which was a lot and he dared to say, hmmmph he gave me the total.... I looked at him and said:

"Ya know what sweetie...I don't like your attitude--I've changed my mind--I'm not getting any of this stuff, I'm going to take my daughters to Lucky Brand instead and give them our money and business instead of you--so you can just cancel that big huge order and have fun putting all that stuff back....then I said--- HMMMMPH!

He looked at me and said, oh my God, I'm sorry, I'm sorry--I'm soooo sorry!!!! I told him I am too--next time he'd better treat people like he wants to be treated, and not like your customers are doing you a favor honey and my daughters and I flounced out the store with prissy delight and shopped until we dropped at Lucky Brand instead (which is one of my daughters favorite stores).

I hate entitled customers who think they deserve the royal treatment just because they have a pointless question to ask. What did you really need to know about a bottle of clothing line perfume? He told you what it was No.8 "or something". Ok, good enough. Guy is ringing up all your third world country made clothes that your kids are going to wear for 11 months and you're firing away stupid questions about perfume. It's perfume... spray it, smell it, buy it or don't. I used to work in retail and I swear some customers just ask #### just to they can be made to feel special. You don't know what kinda day that dude had, and I'm not making excuses for him but not everyone who works in retail can be a robot every second they're on the clock. Sometimes you'll catch them off-guard and it doesn't give you, the customer, the right to declare war which is what you clearly wanted. Furthermore, what is smug or snarly to you may just be their personality. You should've asked yourself WWJD because they way you acted was MUCH worse. Didn't the Lord teach you compassion? Kill with kindness? Ever think to ask yourself why he would be in a crabby mood in the first place, did you really think it was because of YOU?

UGH. I hate some of the people in this country sometimes. Typical self-entitled Americans buying 30 items of clothing (for god knows what) and have the nerve to belittle a poor service worker until they get the last laugh. And at the end of the day, believe it or not, these are so-called people of God. LMAOOOOOOOOOOO. Peace out homie.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

I hate entitled customers who think they deserve the royal treatment just because they have a pointless question to ask. What did you really need to know about a bottle of clothing line perfume? He told you what it was No.8 "or something". Ok, good enough. Guy is ringing up all your third world country made clothes that your kids are going to wear for 11 months and you're firing away stupid questions about perfume. It's perfume... spray it, smell it, buy it or don't. I used to work in retail and I swear some customers just ask #### just to they can be made to feel special. You don't know what kinda day that dude had, and I'm not making excuses for him but not everyone who works in retail can be a robot every second they're on the clock. Sometimes you'll catch them off-guard and it doesn't give you, the customer, the right to declare war which is what you clearly wanted. Furthermore, what is smug or snarly to you may just be their personality. You should've asked yourself WWJD because they way you acted was MUCH worse. Didn't the Lord teach you compassion? Kill with kindness? Ever think to ask yourself why he would be in a crabby mood in the first place, did you really think it was because of YOU?

UGH. I hate some of the people in this country sometimes. Typical self-entitled Americans buying 30 items of clothing (for god knows what) and have the nerve to belittle a poor service worker until they get the last laugh. And at the end of the day, believe it or not, these are so-called people of God. LMAOOOOOOOOOOO. Peace out homie.

How you doing???!!!??? :smooched:
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    k-bigpic.jpg

a picture is worth a thousand words. If my kid wanted to model for this guy, i'd draw the line. seriously.

Did you ever see that lady who had so much plastic surgery she looks like a strange cat?...Yeah. I bet you never saw this guy in the same room. Just sayin' :wink:
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    29yfpx.gif

That was a great song.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

What? She hardly 'declared war'. She let him know she didn't like his attitude, and as is her right-took her money elsewhere.

It was more than just him not answering her question, it was his entire attitude. I am also quite sick of the the non-customer-service oriented society we are living in. I would have walked right out that door, with my wallet still full. It IS his job to make her feel special. It IS his job to answer her questions. If not then why is he there?

How am I a self entitled American when I expect service from a service industry worker? :huh: I work as a server on the weekends at a small diner. Where I give service with a smile. When I am sick. When I am tired after working 50 hours at my other job. Even if the customer asks me dumb questions. Why? Because that is my JOB!

This lady did the one thing we can do when we feel we are wronged in a business, take ours elsewhere.

As for A^F this 'fat chick' will never buy her skinny son's a Christmas gift there again.
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    This is Mark Jefferies...clearly he was NOT part of the cool kids, and is trying way to hard to be one. Sorry buddy, your time has passed.

th_628x471_zps34f0354e.jpg[/URL]

Thanks now I know who to look for when I'm all decked out in his XXL t shirt and jacket. I'll probably find a bag or backpack to rock or anything else with their logo. It'll be a Fitch in.

Don't waste your time in the A&F store being treated like crap. Goodwill is full of their clothes...Buy used. Don't give the man a dime of profit...
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

Are you having a bad day? You're seeing things that weren't in her post. Seems like you're projecting other issues...Relax...

She didn't get good customer service. Not her fault. It's on the salesperson who "helped" her.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    “It’s almost everything. That’s why we hire good-looking people in our stores. Because good-looking people attract other good-looking people, and we want to market to cool, good-looking people. We don’t market to anyone other than that,” he said.

Change good-looking with 'healthy' and I have less issue with it.
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Having worked retail off and on for over 20 years, and having shopped at A&F myself (the clothes fit me), I think the lady has a point. Customers do want to feel special. And back to school shopping for 2 teen girls (who get taller over the summer and need new clothes) are this company's bread and butter. And they're charging $100 for a pair of jeans.Had the employee treated me that way, I would have left as well.

It's called the free market.

The last time I shopped at A&F, I had just purchased items at VS and, the cashier forgot to remove one of those tags and I set off their alarms going in to the store. They pounced like I was a criminal. I'm over 30, wearing a $200 pair of kicks, and Tiffany earrings. Once they ascertained that I was not a felon, they invited me in. I told them where to go and returned to VS to have the tag removed. I have not been back.

I've found a few of their items at Goodwill. It amuses me to buy them. Otherwise, I shop at Lucky Brand.

They're in financial trouble. I'm not surprised...
  • KristysLosing
    KristysLosing Posts: 683
    Options
    k-bigpic.jpg

a picture is worth a thousand words. If my kid wanted to model for this guy, i'd draw the line. seriously.

what's up with his eyes???