Abercrombie and Fitch CEO "hates fat chicks"

Options

Replies

• CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    He hates fat guys too. I've never been able to buy any clothes in there - and the clerks were always rude to me when I was window shopping for "inspiration" clothes.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    As a fat chick, I don't give a rats *kitten*. He is entitled to his preferences. Why do people think that they are the only one who is allowed to have an opinion? Get over it.

This!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    k-bigpic.jpg

a picture is worth a thousand words. If my kid wanted to model for this guy, i'd draw the line. seriously.

what's up with his eyes???

I think he saw my 52 yr old fat azz wearing one of his shirts :noway:
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Mike_Jeffries.jpeg

A picture of the beautiful man who bespoke such ugly words.
  • ThoseLittleCats
    Options
    google a pic of dis clown, who carez wat he think O_o
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Hypocrisy at its best. The man states he "hates fat chicks" and you are all sitting here stating how ugly he is due to what may have been plastic surgery.

Proud of you!

SMH

Back to listening to LFO... "I like girls that wear Abercrombie & Fitch, I'd take her if I had one wish..." LALALALALA.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I'm glad A&F exists, actually. It is an excellent indicator of douchebaggery in the wearer. If I see a man over the age of 20 wearing Abercrombie I just assume he's an immature, insecure douche. Without a word spoken. The accuracy of this identification method is bang on.

A&F has been in the business of sexualizing too-young kids for a long time as well. Thongs for pre-teens, sexual innuendo on t-shirts, you name it. So basically, ick nast all around. Do not, will not shop there.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    They hate poor people too...They BURN thousands of pieces of unsold clothing every year instead of donating them, because poor people wearing their stuff it bad for their image....

Wow, that's horrible!!

I actually donated a couple of nice, nearly new ~LARGE~ A&F women's shirts to goodwill just a few months ago. Guess I did the right thing! :drinker:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    They hate poor people too...They BURN thousands of pieces of unsold clothing every year instead of donating them, because poor people wearing their stuff it bad for their image....

Wow, that's horrible!!

I actually donated a couple of nice, nearly new ~LARGE~ A&F women's shirts to goodwill just a few months ago. Guess I did the right thing! :drinker:

:flowerforyou:
  • ThoseLittleCats
    Options
    Hypocrisy at its best. The man states he "hates fat chicks" and you are all sitting here stating how ugly he is due to what may have been plastic surgery.

Proud of you!

SMH

Back to listening to LFO... "I like girls that wear Abercrombie & Fitch, I'd take her if I had one wish..." LALALALALA.
    personally i wud over look his appearance if he was nice, but dats jus me. btw next time u take a pic lyke that, turn around :bigsmile:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I walk a wide circle around that store in the mall because the stench is enough to incapacitate an elephant. I don't know how the skinny kids who shop and work there can do so without gas masks.
    Oh wow! They're trying to smell like that on purpose??? I've always given that store a large berth because it reeks like some kind of mold or something. I had no idea it was on purpose.

ETA: Their clothing is boring and ugly. Eff 'em.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    What a moron! Looks like he's had about 15 or 20 plastic surgeries to boot. Must be overcompensating for a pathetic childhood. Unfortuantely for him, my family demographic is exactly the one his company targets and I will never be shopping there. nor will my kids.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I walk a wide circle around that store in the mall because the stench is enough to incapacitate an elephant.

couldn't have said it better myself!
  • thoshowski
    thoshowski Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have not shopped at that store and do not defend any poor choices they make.

But, that aside, it is important to know that there are a lot of plus sized only stores.

Also, the vast majority of stores do not sell the xxs sizes. So, when there is a store that specializes in smaller sizes, only sells smaller sizes, or sells sizes in smaller sizes that are a size small (instead of selling an extra small that is actually a medium). Those are the stores I am going to shop at, and take note of and know that I will be able to go to that store and actually find clothing that fits me.

Whenever I hear people complaining that a certain store only sells small sizes I go check it out because maybe that will be a place that will be easy for me to shop at, that will have a wider selection and will actually maybe even have some items that fit me. Small people need clothing and lingerie also. The reality is that anyone that is either larger than average or smaller than average is going to have trouble finding clothing, and as a result there will be companies that cater to smaller people and companies that cater to larger people.

This is a good perspective from the other side. I think anyone can specialize in anything they wish but someone is always going to yell fire.

The problem I have is it's just dumb as a company to associate yourself with hating on any type of person. He obviously lost his censor button in all that high society. Other than that, I couldn't care less about his opinion.

I do agree with that perspective, however, I personally think it's the way he said it. You can cater to the market you want and that is completely fine. It's the way he is saying that larger girls aren't the "cool and popular" girls so I don't want them to wear my clothes because they aren't popular. I know a lot of girls who were popular in high school who were large girls and I also know even more girls who were size 2 - 6 that weren't popular and would wear their clothes.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    k-bigpic.jpg

a picture is worth a thousand words. If my kid wanted to model for this guy, i'd draw the line. seriously.

He looks a little like Gary Busey.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I have not shopped at that store and do not defend any poor choices they make.

But, that aside, it is important to know that there are a lot of plus sized only stores.

Also, the vast majority of stores do not sell the xxs sizes. So, when there is a store that specializes in smaller sizes, only sells smaller sizes, or sells sizes in smaller sizes that are a size small (instead of selling an extra small that is actually a medium). Those are the stores I am going to shop at, and take note of and know that I will be able to go to that store and actually find clothing that fits me.

Whenever I hear people complaining that a certain store only sells small sizes I go check it out because maybe that will be a place that will be easy for me to shop at, that will have a wider selection and will actually maybe even have some items that fit me. Small people need clothing and lingerie also. The reality is that anyone that is either larger than average or smaller than average is going to have trouble finding clothing, and as a result there will be companies that cater to smaller people and companies that cater to larger people.

This is a good perspective from the other side. I think anyone can specialize in anything they wish but someone is always going to yell fire.

The problem I have is it's just dumb as a company to associate yourself with hating on any type of person. He obviously lost his censor button in all that high society. Other than that, I couldn't care less about his opinion.

I do agree with that perspective, however, I personally think it's the way he said it. You can cater to the market you want and that is completely fine. It's the way he is saying that larger girls aren't the "cool and popular" girls so I don't want them to wear my clothes because they aren't popular. I know a lot of girls who were popular in high school who were large girls and I also know even more girls who were size 2 - 6 that weren't popular and would wear their clothes.

Yes, I agree with you. When I posted this I had not read the article. There have been times when people have posted threads on here about clothing companies not making larger sizes and those same companies also don't make extra small sizes. So, I was thinking of that and worrying about that (sometimes I worry). But, I agree that the reasoning behind this man's choices and what he said is despicable on many levels. And the fact that the clothing is for teenagers just makes it that much worse. I have only ever heard bad things about this company, that's why I never wanted to shop there (I don't even know if we have this company here in Canada or not).
  • DopeyDudleyDursley
    Options
    I personally have no problem with the company only carrying a certain size as a "TON" of fashion companies do this.
    Personally, I love Daniel Cremieux; however, they do not offer a small sized shirt as they are trying to appeal to "men." And everyone knows an adult male can't be a size small right?
    That said it is quite ignorant by him saying that "fat" people are not cool.
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    A&F can sell whatever sizes they damn well choose. That being said, the guy is an a-hole.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    This made me laugh as I guess he does look the like the "Old Biff" in BTTF

Biff_confused.jpg