Abercrombie and Fitch CEO "hates fat chicks"

Options

Replies

• juliana0813
    juliana0813 Posts: 49
    Options
    Fun fact: The only time I wore Abercrombie and Fitch was when I was an overweight middle schooler.

ME TOO!!! hahaha :D
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I love A&F.... it lets me identify whos a *kitten* without even having to talk to them. On the other hand I hate their stores and the all out assault on my senses they are making by spraying that damn pefume in the air. Walking past A&F is worse than walking past a yankee hill candle store. I can seriously smell the local A&F from across the mall. It is non consensual.

Oh my, their stores smell! If there's a store I try to go to at the mall and I've to walk past them, I usually don't go. It's pretty bad.
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Meh, their clothes are poorly made and overpriced.

Funny, I was about to post the exact opposite.

Being a 40 year old father, I don't shop A&F anymore, but I do have to admit I shopped there in my college days. I still have several t-shirts from there that I wear under stuff, or for doing work around the house. They are the highest quality t-shirts I have. Thick, heavy weight cotton, they have held their shape over the years, and they won't wear out. I can say a lot of bad things about A&F, but I can't knock the quality of (some of at least) their clothes.

Now, in the last 15 years since I stopped shopping there, things might have changed. I wouldn't know.
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    i dont see the issue here, so what he doesnt market to a certain group of people. thats his own profit loss. and that article is sensationalist at best, he never said he hates fat chicks. He said he doesnt market but to a certain group of people. Most manufacturers do that in some way shape or form anyways you just arent aware of it always. That being said I dont shop there because i dont like looking like a dbag
  • yinkyo
    yinkyo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    As a fat chick, I don't give a rats *kitten*. He is entitled to his preferences. Why do people think that they are the only one who is allowed to have an opinion? Get over it.

I don't mind him having an opinion, just as long as he keeps it to himself in polite society like almost everyone else does. Except that I think he is purposely rattling some cages and then that's just another thing altogether. I take Binary's point quite well actually however, not surprising. Except again that his opinions border on rant like and shock value and seem disingenuine for this.

I don't expect anyone to keep their thoughts to themselves because I don't intend to keep mine to MYSELF. Free speech. It's not very polite after all to tell people that they can only say things that you approve of. I say he can say what ever he wants, if I don't like what he says, I am sure it wont keep me up tonight, or any other night, because I will get over it.
    QFT

It's marketing. He wants a certain market to buy his clothes so that's who he markets them to. Straight business.
    Thank you. This whole outrage thing is ridiculous. He has a clientele he wants to market to. Would you be justified in being outraged if you went into an Italian restaurant and demanded some General Tso's chicken? No, because that is not what they sell. So he only wants to cater to small people, get over it, find someplace else to shop and stop making it big news. There are worse things going on in the world than normal everyday business strategies. Besides, being outraged about it isn't gonna do much, because most of the people offended or outraged by it, are the same people that never shopped there in the first place, so why in the world does the company care that a bunch of people that aren't buying their clothes, STILL aren't going to buy their clothes? They're doing perfectly well without you.
  • liznsmith
    liznsmith Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    He's an *kitten* but he's just stating what all of the fashionistas think and do. Even the GAP has started making their sizes smaller. Designers make their clothes for a special type of body and overweight isnt it.
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    As a fat chick, I don't give a rats *kitten*. He is entitled to his preferences. Why do people think that they are the only one who is allowed to have an opinion? Get over it.

I don't mind him having an opinion, just as long as he keeps it to himself in polite society like almost everyone else does. Except that I think he is purposely rattling some cages and then that's just another thing altogether. I take Binary's point quite well actually however, not surprising. Except again that his opinions border on rant like and shock value and seem disingenuine for this.

I don't expect anyone to keep their thoughts to themselves because I don't intend to keep mine to MYSELF. Free speech. It's not very polite after all to tell people that they can only say things that you approve of. I say he can say what ever he wants, if I don't like what he says, I am sure it wont keep me up tonight, or any other night, because I will get over it.
    QFT

It's marketing. He wants a certain market to buy his clothes so that's who he markets them to. Straight business.
    Thank you. This whole outrage thing is ridiculous. He has a clientele he wants to market to. Would you be justified in being outraged if you went into an Italian restaurant and demanded some General Tso's chicken? No, because that is not what they sell. So he only wants to cater to small people, get over it, find someplace else to shop and stop making it big news. There are worse things going on in the world than normal everyday business strategies. Besides, being outraged about it isn't gonna do much, because most of the people offended or outraged by it, are the same people that never shopped there in the first place, so why in the world does the company care that a bunch of people that aren't buying their clothes, STILL aren't going to buy their clothes? They're doing perfectly well without you.

perfect metaphor with the food choice
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    There are so so so so many companies that only make clothes for non-plus sized people.... they all do it for the same reasons.... he's just the only one that would come out and say it....
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    So?
  • Jackson4590
    Jackson4590 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't get the uproar.

Why would you want to wear their clothes if they don't want you? Seems counter-intuitive.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    i am assuming the irony is lost on a lot of people who are judging him for judging people
  • karataylor88
    karataylor88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O95DBxnXiSo
    Has anyone seen this?? "Fitch the Homeless"
    This guy is a genius.
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else seen this article?? Good lord how shallow can a person be! I will never give them my business even when I can fit into their "exclusive" clothing!

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/abercrombie-fitch-ceo-explains-why-he-hates-fat-chicks/

http://www.policymic.com/articles/42019/this-guy-wants-to-give-abercombie-fitch-clothes-to-the-homeless-but-he-s-wrong-to-do-it/535351 <--- guy needs a medal!!! :)
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    He's an *kitten* but he's just stating what all of the fashionistas think and do. Even the GAP has started making their sizes smaller. Designers make their clothes for a special type of body and overweight isnt it.

You know, I noticed that about the GAP. I walked into the GAP, wearing size 14 GAP jeans that have been washed and shrunk and what have you (I also wear a 14 in Dockers, Old Navy, etc...I'm firmly a 14.), looking for black cropped pants for work and I thought "OK, I'll try a 14...that's what I wear now..." WRONG. So, so wrong.

I couldn't even get the button to the button hole.

Totally felt like crap because the size I wear and worked hard to get back into -- did not fit me.

I complained and moaned about it and then someone else pointed out that their sizing has indeed changed in the past 7 years. I'd say. They used to be the best place for me to buy pants. Now, they're just awful.
  • liznsmith
    liznsmith Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    i am assuming the irony is lost on a lot of people who are judging him for judging people

So true!! I love it!
  • 0colette0
    0colette0 Posts: 2
    Options
    One could say Lane Bryant hate skinny chicks....this is dumb, this guy doesn't deserve this much attention; also has anyone seen his picture? He looks like a real creep!
  • Mattdemon
    Mattdemon Posts: 79
    Options
    Tonight's top story - dude's don't prefer fat chicks. /Gasp Breaking news! Females pull out of small-**** stock.

Of course this *kitten* would say something like that, I read the title and started laughing. He's an idiot! But we can't all be hypocrites and insult him because he looks like a kid who put on a Halloween mask that doesn't fit his face.

Who cares ladies, it's not that he doesn't want fat chicks wearing his clothes, I think it's clear he doesn't want ANY girls wearing them :D
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    This is old news. People still care about Abercrombie and Fitch?
    Also, this.

This. The interview is from what? 2006? Old news.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    So do I and I can't wait to not be one.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Interesting that people are saying Gap runs smaller than old navy. They are owned by the same company. In old navy the xs is too big for me. I'm going to check out gap. Maybe they are offering clothes to people that got sized out of old navy.