TOPIC: T.H.E Team Starting fresh wk7

Options

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been gone for a few days. Just been busy with life.

I still have not weighed in, but I can tell I am still around the same as the last time I checked. I think the running has helped my metabolism stay up there.

Just a quick update. I did finish my 5 mile run on Saturday in under an hour and that was my goal. It was great and the course was a lot of fun. Of course, I am now resting my sore leg for the next week with no cross training and I am getting really bored. So, I am doing yoga and/or pilates and abs this week. Then hopefully if it feels okay I will start my training program over again.

I went yesterday to get my wedding dress fitted and they had to make it one size smaller. WHOOOHOOO!!! That was soooo kewl. Can't wait to get it back next month. She told me not to lose anymore weight for the next couple of months. I told her that I won't promise anything. She said 5 pounds won't be so bad, but 10 could be an issue. I am basically maintaining now anyway, which I am not really sure what that means. LOL I feel really great at this weight, but if I lose then okay. :bigsmile:
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Well, I've been trying to add pictures here for a while but all I am getting is images saying my picture has been moved or deleted... ugh.

IMG_0029.jpg
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Ya, some people know how to put pics on their posts and I can't figure it out either.

How are you doing? :bigsmile:
  • pawprint061
    Options
    I followed what I was told but it still doesn't work. I wanted to upload pictures to show progress. I uploaded them to facebook instead lol. It seems like it's just us.....

I'm doing good, minus this tooth infection that I have... how are you'?
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I followed what I was told but it still doesn't work. I wanted to upload pictures to show progress. I uploaded them to facebook instead lol. It seems like it's just us.....

I'm doing good, minus this tooth infection that I have... how are you'?

EEWW!! Tooth infection, those are no good at all. I have had one, so I completely understand. :wink: What is your username on Facebook, I would love to see your progress.

Well, I have been way-laid for this week due to my leg pain. I think it also made me feel a little depressed since I was not able to run. So, I wasn't feeling good and decided it to be a good week to not eat healthy. I think that had something to do with me feeling nauseated yesterday. Went home early and slept a couple of hours had dinner and some 7Up and went back to bed.

I feel 100% better today. No headache and just all over better. My leg/ankle is feeling better. I do still feel a little twinge here and there. I will rest it this weekend and try running on Monday. I really need to get back in the game. I don't like not being able to do something I really want to do. I plan on doing upper body strength and abs tonite. Can't wait. :drinker:

Have a beautiful Friday and weekend. :bigsmile:
  • pawprint061
    Options
    You can find me on facebook by using my name... kelly gausman
    i have pictures in a photo album titled my weight loss.....
    glad to hear your feeling better....
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi, gang! I am back from vacation! It was fun and eventful. Had a funeral and a wedding in addition to some travel. When I got home, the scale said I had gained 15 lbs! So, I am going to give it a week, and weigh again next week. I am not thinking that is accurate at all. I was pretty careful, though I didn't get as much water as I have been getting. Anyway, good to be home and back in the routine. Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Pawprint-sw-168/gw-115/cw-132=No change this week.

Well I lost a few ounces but really no change. Been drinking a ton of water when at work and I've stopped peeing as much because I'm sweating like crazy.... as if I would if I were in the gym running or really working out. I love it.
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    ALRIGHT I'm back. I totally botched my summer goal. I gained 5 pounds instead of losing it. But I'm back with a new goal. I am going to lose 20 pounds by my 20th birthday, January 8th 2010. I know this is a pretty long term goal, I'm still working on some mini goals. Recently things have been really hard, but i think things will be turning up pretty soon. I'm getting some help and I'm trying to gain control of my life. I've hung a pair of jeans that I used to love up in front of my bed. So they will be the first things I see every morning when I wake up and every evening when I go to bed. I'm also going to start dancing again, I think it's a part of my life that's been missing for far too long.

I hope the rest of you will come back too. I know things can get crazy busy, especially as most of you are mothers but I think if we all pull together, all share the things that are difficult and the things we do well, we can be of more support to each other.

Happy Summer everybody!!!!!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hi, gang! I am back from vacation! It was fun and eventful. Had a funeral and a wedding in addition to some travel. When I got home, the scale said I had gained 15 lbs! So, I am going to give it a week, and weigh again next week. I am not thinking that is accurate at all. I was pretty careful, though I didn't get as much water as I have been getting. Anyway, good to be home and back in the routine. Have a great weekend, everyone!

Sounds a very interesting vacation with a funeral and a wedding. Glad you are home safe and sound. On to a new week. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    ALRIGHT I'm back. I totally botched my summer goal. I gained 5 pounds instead of losing it. But I'm back with a new goal. I am going to lose 20 pounds by my 20th birthday, January 8th 2010. I know this is a pretty long term goal, I'm still working on some mini goals. Recently things have been really hard, but i think things will be turning up pretty soon. I'm getting some help and I'm trying to gain control of my life. I've hung a pair of jeans that I used to love up in front of my bed. So they will be the first things I see every morning when I wake up and every evening when I go to bed. I'm also going to start dancing again, I think it's a part of my life that's been missing for far too long.

I hope the rest of you will come back too. I know things can get crazy busy, especially as most of you are mothers but I think if we all pull together, all share the things that are difficult and the things we do well, we can be of more support to each other.

Happy Summer everybody!!!!!

Definitely a good thing to hang your jeans out so you can see them daily. Great motivator. I have no doubt that you will meet your goal if not even exceed it.

You know, we all have those times where we have to give in and now you are back and know what to do to get back into the routine. You can do it. We are all here for you. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I am still not weighing myself. I know after the last week the scale would not be very nice to me anyway. LOL

I am restarting my half-marathon training today, with some slight motifications due to my ankle injury. I feel like a slug right now, since I have not run in an entire week. Tonite will be Strength training and abs. Tomorrow will be a 2 mile run. I am so looking forward to it and to feeling better.

Keep up the good work everyone, hang in there, we can do it. :bigsmile:
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Well, I made my summer challenge goal. I just remembered that yesterday was the first day of summer... I wanted to loose four pounds and guess what... I did it. I lost my last two this past week... I weighed in today and I'm under be a little more than two whole pounds.... Brings my total amount lost to 38 pounds. Gosh do I feel awesome. I went and bought new underwear today. A size smaller... I couldn't stand them any longer... along with my pants being too big having underwear that is too big just doesn't feel comfortable. I've been moving non stop... work has been crazy... grass hasn't been cut in some areas for a while which was a struggle and I sure got my work out there.... I'm just trying to stay moving all the time... plus the water intake that I'm doing now is crazy. I'm no longer wanting pop. I want water... of course I use crystal light but it's doing something because I'm actually sweating now like crazy when I work out... I feel good. I'm not peeing as much because I'm sweating it out first lol. I feel like I have more energy. I feel good.
  • egam
    Options
    CONGRADULATIONS KELLY!!! That's really awesome, good for you!!!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Day 2-2 mile run. Okay, I walked the first mile and yes, my ankle was a little sore from it, but I pushed through. I decided to see how my new running shoes feel, so I ran the last mile (very slowly). Yes, it still hurt, but it hurts worse when I walk rather than when I run. Weird :huh:

I am going to try to explain this and I don't really know how to put this into words. When I am running I have all these emotions going on. I am loving the running and what it is doing for my body. I also want to slow down because maybe I am having a little bit of a hard time breathing, but if I don't think too much about the breathing and more about my stride, I don't worry too much. Are my arms in the right place? Is my stride right? I am feeling awesome during all of this by the way. I know I can run now, so I don't want to slow down or walk. I want to push forward, but I also feel like I am holding back. It is just a mixture of crazy emotions. Does anybody else have this happen to them? :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Kelly-Congrats on the weight loss. Boy, do I know how you feel when you make a goal and accomplish it. You are doing an amazing job. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • pawprint061
    Options
    CONGRADULATIONS KELLY!!! That's really awesome, good for you!!!

Thank you very much,
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Kelly-Congrats on the weight loss. Boy, do I know how you feel when you make a goal and accomplish it. You are doing an amazing job. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:

Thank you. Boy, I hope your ankle feels better soon. Be careful you don't do more damage to it by pushing yourself.
  • egam
    Options
    Day 2-2 mile run. Okay, I walked the first mile and yes, my ankle was a little sore from it, but I pushed through. I decided to see how my new running shoes feel, so I ran the last mile (very slowly). Yes, it still hurt, but it hurts worse when I walk rather than when I run. Weird :huh:

I am going to try to explain this and I don't really know how to put this into words. When I am running I have all these emotions going on. I am loving the running and what it is doing for my body. I also want to slow down because maybe I am having a little bit of a hard time breathing, but if I don't think too much about the breathing and more about my stride, I don't worry too much. Are my arms in the right place? Is my stride right? I am feeling awesome during all of this by the way. I know I can run now, so I don't want to slow down or walk. I want to push forward, but I also feel like I am holding back. It is just a mixture of crazy emotions. Does anybody else have this happen to them? :bigsmile:

Yeah Jennifer. I get those weird kind of rushes of emotion too. Like I think that I need to stop or slow down, I can feel my asthma coming on, but I feel like I need to keep going. I want to push through. I also get really emotional sometimes. Like if something else is going on in my life, something sad or stressful or hard, I usually don't figure out it's bothering me until I'm running. I think it's just about how each person processes their feelings about themselves and their environments differently. And I think when you do something continuous like running, you know not taking a quick break every few minutes to switch positions or do a new exercise sequence, I think that's something our bodies aren't always use to or comfortable with.

wow that is kind of like typing babble. I hope it makes sense to you guys.
  • egam
    Options

Yeah Jennifer. I get those weird kind of rushes of emotion too. Like I think that I need to stop or slow down, I can feel my asthma coming on, but I feel like I need to keep going. I want to push through. I also get really emotional sometimes. Like if something else is going on in my life, something sad or stressful or hard, I usually don't figure out it's bothering me until I'm running. I think it's just about how each person processes their feelings about themselves and their environments differently. And I think when you do something continuous like running, you know not taking a quick break every few minutes to switch positions or do a new exercise sequence, I think that's something our bodies aren't always use to or comfortable with.

wow that is kind of like typing babble. I hope it makes sense to you guys.