TOPIC: T.H.E Team Starting fresh wk7

Options
123457»

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Kelly-Congrats on the weight loss. Boy, do I know how you feel when you make a goal and accomplish it. You are doing an amazing job. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:

Thank you. Boy, I hope your ankle feels better soon. Be careful you don't do more damage to it by pushing yourself.

I am trying, thank you. :blushing:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Yeah Jennifer. I get those weird kind of rushes of emotion too. Like I think that I need to stop or slow down, I can feel my asthma coming on, but I feel like I need to keep going. I want to push through. I also get really emotional sometimes. Like if something else is going on in my life, something sad or stressful or hard, I usually don't figure out it's bothering me until I'm running. I think it's just about how each person processes their feelings about themselves and their environments differently. And I think when you do something continuous like running, you know not taking a quick break every few minutes to switch positions or do a new exercise sequence, I think that's something our bodies aren't always use to or comfortable with.

wow that is kind of like typing babble. I hope it makes sense to you guys.

Thanx, yes I do understand. I am glad I am not the only one going crazy while running. LOL :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Day 3-Wednesday, rest day. I decided after my run on Tuesday my ankle needed the rest. I did unfortunately eat too much again.

Day 4-Thrusday, Cross training. I did the TurbFire HIIT 15 Class. It may be only 17 mins, but it kicks your bootie. I have now done this workout 3 times and am still having a hard time with the moves, but I am getting better. Jon actually worked out with me and I am glad that he did. It was nice to see him actually do something. We then took a short walk around a few blocks. When we turned around I started running, slowly at first and then sped it up a little. It felt really good. Of course, my ankle was hurting during the walking but felt better while running. Go figure. :noway: noway It was a good clean eating day as well. I feel like I am back in the groove, even if I still have to hold back a little. Hopefully the doctor will figure this out so I can get back to 110%.

Day 5-Friday, Strength Training, Abs and 2 mile run. I started off with my run and it went really well. It also helps to have a nice sidewalk to run on. I did 12 min miles and that is pretty good considering my ankle. It is just amazing how it feels better while running rather than walking. Strength training and abs went really well. I like doing the BBL Tummy Tuck, you can definitely feel the burn and that is nice to feel, knowing you are working the core. My arms are sore already from the upper body workout. Burn baby burn!!! Clean eating today. I feel great. Now, I am ready for bed.

I vow to eat clean all weekend. It is just amazing how I feel when I don't cheat and eat clean. Who woulduv thunk that??? LOL

Have a great weekend everybody. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    WOW, WHERE IS EVERYBODY???

Okay, it has officially been 5 weeks since I have started my supposed 12 week half-marathon training. I was way-laid for one week and tried to start again and make it a 13 week prorgram. Now, I have to rest my ankle for 2 whole weeks. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Really, does this have to happen to me? I guess it could happen to anyone, I just NEVER thought it would happen to me. I am so frustrated and wish this would not have happened. I would be almost half way through the training.

I went to the doctor yesterday and he stated that it is part of my Achillies Tendon. It is what is around it that is inflamed. He put me on Predisone for 6 days and said to stay off it for 2 weeks. He said that I could ride my bike or swim, no walking or running. Oh yeah and no plyometrics or intense cardio of any kind. No jumping. UGH!!!

So, here is my 2 week countdown. Trying to find the positive in this in any way shape or form.

Day 1-30 min bike ride and strength training. It was kinda kewl to get on my bike again. It has been over a year since I have been on it last. I can say that riding on brick roads is not very comfortable. It actually kinda hurt my ankle from all the bumping around. Then when I got home I did my strength training. It went well. I had Jon show me a different way to do side delts. I HATE DOING DELTS!!! But I know they need to be done. GRRR!!! It iwas a good workout.

Day 2-Bike Ride (at least 4 miles) and Abs. Looking forward to getting on my bike again. My bootie is a little sore, but I will work through it. Can't wait to do Abs. Can't do Plank position though, because it will put pressure on my ankle. It is just a no win situation right now. But at least I can do something. :bigsmile:
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Been out of the loop for a while now!!! not sure what i was going into this thread but i weight 143 now!!!!
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Day 2-Tuesday, bike ride and Tummy Tuck. I actually rode for about an hour and it was 9.1 miles. It was really nice. The weather has cooperated for us this week and it has been beautiful. I did see several runners while I was riding around and really wished I was running with them, but yes, I know, no running for me. I can work through this. I then ate my dinner and then did Tummy Tuck. I love that ab workout and I hate it. Sure can feel the abs burn, such a great feeling.

Day 3-Wednesday, Rest day, band practice. So, I did take a rest day. Had band practice and then I decided since I was in town to go watch "Eclipse". So, did not get home until Midnight and in bed by 12:30am.

Feeling very tired this morning and I have pinched a nerve in my neck. I am now having a headache with slight nausea. UGH!!! Hopefully it will work itself out. PAIN PAIN go away. Oh yeah, my ankle is starting to feel better. If it's not one thing it is another. WHEN WILL IT EVER END???

Day 4-Thursday, another rest day. I woke up this morning with a horrible pain in my neck and back. It just felt like someone was holding me back from everything. I was also feeling nausiated. UGH!!! I did get to sing The National Anthem last nite for the car races and get to do it again tonite.

Obviously, now, no upper body workout until my neck and back are better. UGH!!! At least I get to sing. LOL

Day 5-Friday. Starting out well with a great breakfast and morning snack.

Make it a new and refreshing Friday!!! :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Been out of the loop for a while now!!! not sure what i was going into this thread but i weight 143 now!!!!

12 lbs lost is fantastic!!! Keep up the awesome work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    HEY, WHERE IS EVERYBODY??? JUST BECAUSE IT IS SUMMER DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN'T COME IN ON OCCASSION AND LET US KNOW HOW YOU ARE DOING. :bigsmile:
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hey JJ... and everyone...

So I've had a hard time staying motivated and just decided to focus on what I needed to for a while, then come back once I could be more serious about things.

I have been walking 2-4 days a week for 3-4 miles each time, but my eating was crap. Went to vegas last week for 4 days and came home 4lbs heavier.. :noway: and I feel like I have a food baby now... which is exactly what it is.. :frown:

Things are definitely calmer now and my hubby is leaving this sunday for a month on business so I am definitely focused and back to "getting a grip and just doing it!" Im aiming to drop 15lbs before he comes back home. Ambitious, but doable I think...

I walked for 75 minutes this morning early because its supposed to be 102 today. Then came home and did Jillian Circuit training for another 30 minutes. (Ouch!) I worked up a great sweat and will be walking for another 60 minutes tonight.
    I now have 2 steady and dependable walking parters instead of one. One of which is gonna help me start running again here as soon as I need to crank things up. So Im pumped... :0)
  • egam
    egam Posts: 127
    Options
    egam sw: 205 gw: 185 cw: 201 lost 2 pounds!!

Yay, finally some positive scale movement, or negative really, but positive to me!!!
    Things have indeed been busy, this is my first job so lots of right now has been adjusting to the different demands and lifestyle I guess. I haven't been excercising as much as I should be, but I'm hoping to get back into it. I've found a different running schedule that I think will work better. And I've been following three rules that I think have really helped. 1) drink 8 glasses of water 2) Only eat when sitting and with a plate and cutlery 3) No snacking after 8pm. Once I get these three going as steady habits, I'm going to try to focus more on what I eat, or more importantly how much I eat, because I don't think the food has ever been the problem. I think its more the portions.
    Anyways, happy summer everyone! I hope things are going well for you all!
    JJ - how is your ankle doing? And your neck? Is the nerve feeling better?
  • Iffer75
    Options
    Hey JJ... and everyone...

So I've had a hard time staying motivated and just decided to focus on what I needed to for a while, then come back once I could be more serious about things.

I have been walking 2-4 days a week for 3-4 miles each time, but my eating was crap. Went to vegas last week for 4 days and came home 4lbs heavier.. :noway: and I feel like I have a food baby now... which is exactly what it is.. :frown:

Things are definitely calmer now and my hubby is leaving this sunday for a month on business so I am definitely focused and back to "getting a grip and just doing it!" Im aiming to drop 15lbs before he comes back home. Ambitious, but doable I think...

I walked for 75 minutes this morning early because its supposed to be 102 today. Then came home and did Jillian Circuit training for another 30 minutes. (Ouch!) I worked up a great sweat and will be walking for another 60 minutes tonight.
    I now have 2 steady and dependable walking parters instead of one. One of which is gonna help me start running again here as soon as I need to crank things up. So Im pumped... :0)

So glad you are back and doing great. Keep up the awesome work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    egam sw: 205 gw: 185 cw: 201 lost 2 pounds!!

Yay, finally some positive scale movement, or negative really, but positive to me!!!
    Things have indeed been busy, this is my first job so lots of right now has been adjusting to the different demands and lifestyle I guess. I haven't been excercising as much as I should be, but I'm hoping to get back into it. I've found a different running schedule that I think will work better. And I've been following three rules that I think have really helped. 1) drink 8 glasses of water 2) Only eat when sitting and with a plate and cutlery 3) No snacking after 8pm. Once I get these three going as steady habits, I'm going to try to focus more on what I eat, or more importantly how much I eat, because I don't think the food has ever been the problem. I think its more the portions.
    Anyways, happy summer everyone! I hope things are going well for you all!
    JJ - how is your ankle doing? And your neck? Is the nerve feeling better?

WHOOOHOO!!! 2 pounds is fantastic. Keep up the AWESOME work. It sounds like you have a good system to getting back into your routine. Keep it up and soon it will all be second nature to you.

Thanx for asking. My ankle is doing better, but even when riding my bike it is sore. UGH!!! I go see my doc on Monday and I have a feeling he is not going to release me yet. I am just going to try and stay as positive as possible. My neck is all better. It just took about a week for it to completely feel better. I got in strength training, core and a bike ride in this morning. I am glad to be back at something at least. :bigsmile: