Too Old For a Bikini?

Options

Replies

• tasson
    tasson Posts: 37
    Options
    I need to get some of you ladies to talk to my wife! She isn't even what I would consider old, and she refuses, saying it is inappropriate for a woman her age. GRRRR

Yeah, that's why I asked. I am 44. Looks like we need NOT worry. :bigsmile:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    As long as you have a body to rock it sure , age makes no difference there are some 40 yrs olds who have great bikini bodies and some 20 yr olds who should not be wearing bikinis.
    I disagree.
    Who's to say who should wear a bikini and who shouldn't? How many pounds am I allowed to gain until i should throw away my bikinis? People can wear whatever they want as far as i am concerned.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Should women stop wearing bikinis at a certain age?

Yes - when they no longer have the self-confidence to wear them.
  • Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Don't think so. Depends how confident and comfortable you are in one.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    As long as you have a body to rock it sure , age makes no difference there are some 40 yrs olds who have great bikini bodies and some 20 yr olds who should not be wearing bikinis.

Not only body but also skin
    ^This
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Honestly if you have to ask, maybe you shouldn't wear it. It doesn't sound like you'll be comfortable in it.
  • fitnessmare
    fitnessmare Posts: 117
    Options
    I love this thread :happy:
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!

No one wants to see this.

stock-photo-skeleton-in-a-bikini-54428527.jpg
  • Svolt
    Svolt Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Only if they want to. Perception by outside parties should have nothing to do with the decision.

^^^^
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Well my mom still rocks hers... So no I don't think there is an age limit! I don't think there is a weight limit. Where whatever you want!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I disagree.
    Who's to say who should wear a bikini and who shouldn't? How many pounds am I allowed to gain until i should throw away my bikinis? People can wear whatever they want as far as i am concerned.

^^This. Wear whatever you want. Who cares what anyone else thinks? It's none of their business what you wear to the beach. I have stretch marks from my crotch to my rib cage. And you know what? I'm tired of hiding them. What right does anyone have to look with disdain on what motherhood did to my body?! I'm wearing the damn bikini. :smokin:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    You are all awful!! Do you realize what you are supporting? 30 and 40 year olds will be running amok on our beaches!!! WE CANNOT ALLOW THEM TO HAVE CONFIDENCE!!!!

What is next, girls with a bit of fluff wearing them?!! No! We must act NOW!

People should not be allowed to feek good about themselves!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    No way. I personally know a 50+ woman who can rock a bikini better than most 20 year olds.
  • tasson
    tasson Posts: 37
    Options
    Honestly if you have to ask, maybe you shouldn't wear it. It doesn't sound like you'll be comfortable in it.

True, but you know how some say women shouldn't wear mini skirts after a certain age? Well, I guess it's kinda like that type of question.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Nope. They should stop wearing bikinis at a certain BMI.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    No way. I personally know a 50+ woman who can rock a bikini better than most 20 year olds.

Pics or it didn't happen
  • kmccormick42
    kmccormick42 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    After losing 50 lbs and now being a size 6, I am wearing a two piece this summer for the first time in years! Don't care about being in my 40's. My husband thinks I look great and that's the only opinion I'm interested in!
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

True, but you know how some say women shouldn't wear mini skirts after a certain age? Well, I guess it's kinda like that type of question.

That's also BS. Women shouldn't wear miniskirts to work, yes. If they want to go out dancing or whatever, they should wear the mini and feel free to feel like a million bucks in it.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Pics or it didn't happen

I have one on my FL.