Too Old For a Bikini?

Options

Replies

• missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    No, there are plenty of flattering bikinis for any age!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm soon to be 52 yo. I wear one sometimes if it's just my husband and me or all adults, but if the grandkids are with us I would never. I don't care how good / bad I look (or think I look) in it, I know I would not have wanted to see my grandmother in a bikini. :noway:
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Honestly if you have to ask, maybe you shouldn't wear it. It doesn't sound like you'll be comfortable in it.

True, but you know how some say women shouldn't wear mini skirts after a certain age? Well, I guess it's kinda like that type of question.

That's also BS. Women shouldn't wear miniskirts to work, yes. If they want to go out dancing or whatever, they should wear the mini and feel free to feel like a million bucks in it.

Right...what is essential is that they feel confident in it, if you have to ask... the confidence isn't there. Maybe try it on, look at yourself in the mirror and see how you feel. If you're just not sure, then you probably shouldn't cause you're going to be insecure about wearing it. That goes for anything, bikinis, miniskirts, low cut shirts... whatever.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Nope. They should stop wearing bikinis at a certain BMI.

Why? If they want to, they should be able too. If you don't like it then don't look at it.

What people wear is (or should be) based on what they are comfortable with not what spectators are comfortable with! The spectators can find something else to spectate if they don't like it!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Should women stop wearing bikinis at a certain age?

I once went and visited Dania Beach when I lived in FL. There was a lady there who looked like she was in her 80s. She wore a bikini with a thong. Did it startle me? Yes. Did I dwell on it and sneak peeks? No. Was I ok with her wearing it? Yes as long as she felt comfortable in her own shell, and wanted to wear it.... more power to her.

It looked a lot like this! Go girl

old-lady-in-bikini_1664697a.jpg
  • tasson
    tasson Posts: 37
    Options
    I have stretch marks from my crotch to my rib cage. And you know what? I'm tired of hiding them. What right does anyone have to look with disdain on what motherhood did to my body?! I'm wearing the damn bikini. :smokin:
    I read this on a Facebook post. "You are a tiger who earned her stripes." Your post is an inspiration to me? Thanks
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    My mom's in her 60s and looks hot in her bikini.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'm 41. I've got a long body, so many swimsuits are uncomfortable. A nice halter with boyshorts looks pretty good, even when I'm carrying a few extra pounds. We'll see how it goes.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Nope! Most I would rather see wrapped in something than without on the beach. Just saying.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    You are all awful!! Do you realize what you are supporting? 30 and 40 year olds will be running amok on our beaches!!! WE CANNOT ALLOW THEM TO HAVE CONFIDENCE!!!!

What is next, girls with a bit of fluff wearing them?!! No! We must act NOW!

People should not be allowed to feek good about themselves!

It is a slippery slope. If we let the women really start to feel they have value in our society, the next thing you know, they will outnumber the men in the universities, and will be competing for the men's jobs in the workplace. Once they get their foot in there, they will be demanding equal wages for equal work.

No my friend, we have to keep the women in their place. Insecure and subservient. Now. which of you lardos want to make me a sandwich? You should all just feel fortunate that I let you associate with me.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    No way. I personally know a 50+ woman who can rock a bikini better than most 20 year olds.

Pics or it didn't happen

I have one on my FL.

Which one?
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Only if they want to. Perception by outside parties should have nothing to do with the decision.

Agreed. Do yo thang girl!
  • jsc8611
    jsc8611 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you got the body for it, rock it.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm soon to be 52 yo. I wear one sometimes if it's just my husband and me or all adults, but if the grandkids are with us I would never. I don't care how good / bad I look (or think I look) in it, I know I would not have wanted to see my grandmother in a bikini. :noway:

I disagree. My mom wears a bikini and my daughter thinks it's awesome to have an attractive self confident grandmother.

Don't get me wrong, I know that most people have certain "expectations" of grandmas and I know lots of people who tend to live in accordance with them. BUT don't be afraid to walk on the wild side once in awhile. Being different from typical grandmas is a good way to teach the grandkids diversity. It's also good to show the granddaughters how to elimate barriers and to be proud of your body regardless of age/weight.
  • kassahunmarhatta
    Options
    Never too old for a bikini,
  • Svolt
    Svolt Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Honestly if you have to ask, maybe you shouldn't wear it. It doesn't sound like you'll be comfortable in it.

True, but you know how some say women shouldn't wear mini skirts after a certain age? Well, I guess it's kinda like that type of question.

That's also BS. Women shouldn't wear miniskirts to work, yes. If they want to go out dancing or whatever, they should wear the mini and feel free to feel like a million bucks in it.

Right...what is essential is that they feel confident in it, if you have to ask... the confidence isn't there. Maybe try it on, look at yourself in the mirror and see how you feel. If you're just not sure, then you probably shouldn't cause you're going to be insecure about wearing it. That goes for anything, bikinis, miniskirts, low cut shirts... whatever.

Exactly! If you have the confidence, WEAR WHAT YOU WANT! It doesn't matter your age or weight, as long as you feel good in it. I personally have a IDGAF attitude about what people think of me and what I wear. I'm a size 12/14 and I'll rock a bikini if I want.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    no.
    I met a double mastectomy patient in her 70s on a nude beach once. so NO.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've worn a bikini since I was 16. It doesn't have anything to do with my age or my size. I was a whopping 78lbs or so then. I'm just not comfortable in them. Never have been. Do what makes you happy (within the confines of the law... and postings to People of Walmart are at your own risk).
  • fayeonherway
    fayeonherway Posts: 204
    Options
    As long as you have a body to rock it sure , age makes no difference there are some 40 yrs olds who have great bikini bodies and some 20 yr olds who should not be wearing bikinis.

Who decides on what kind of of body should wear a bikini? IS there some sort of office I need to go to? Do I have to make an appointment before visiting said office?

I thought I could wear a bikini if I feel like wearing a bikini...
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Well, technically this is a "tankini" but I hope I'm not too old.
    I'm 46 and just bought this little number.
    I hope to rock it half as well as this model does...:wink:

etwn55.jpg