Too Old For a Bikini?

Options

Replies

• lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    no way it depends how the body looks now... some older women look better than some 18 year olds... it all depends..
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I don't think age has anything to do with it.

This guy normally gets it wrong...but this time he's right!
  • girlfromOklahoma
    girlfromOklahoma Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Age has nothing to do with it. If you've got the confidence to wear it, wear it.

i'm 31 and I would love to look like Jennifer Anison (age 44) does in a bikini.... in fact, that's my goal - Jennifer Anniston's abs and arms. haha!
  • kregerems
    kregerems Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    As long as you have a body to rock it sure , age makes no difference there are some 40 yrs olds who have great bikini bodies and some 20 yr olds who should not be wearing bikinis.

I might be a man, but I agree with this.
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    It's a personal decison. I'm 60 years old, and although I'm at my goal weight, 60 year old skin is not the same as 25 year old skin, so I would not feel comfortable in a bikini. That being said, if you feel comfortable, go for it! Believe me, other people are not worrying about YOU in a bikini.....they're too busy thinking about how THEY look in a bikini!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • eventerchick80
    eventerchick80 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    480900_451243814958361_1530752660_n.jpg

^^THIS. Glad I saw it before I posted it myself.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    My cousin posted a graphic on facebook today that ended with, "Q: how do I get a bikini body? A: put a bikini on your body."

Guess what. We all have bikini bodies.

EDIT: hahaha that picture is getting around! D'oh. Note to self, don't get lazy, read entire thread before posting lol.
  • Svolt
    Svolt Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Who gives a flying duck what some people consider acceptable to wear a bikini? You only live once. Do what makes you happy!

922924_10152787159680103_1689900767_n.jpg

a2cb938d981581b9ae19a8fd8d8adb45.jpg
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Haven't read the rest of this thread , but noooooo... at 40 I still look hot as hell. Better than most younger. ;)
  • laurie41565
    laurie41565 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Honestly if you have to ask, maybe you shouldn't wear it. It doesn't sound like you'll be comfortable in it.

True, but you know how some say women shouldn't wear mini skirts after a certain age? Well, I guess it's kinda like that type of question.

I still wear short skirts and 2 pc swimsuits and I am 48 and I will continue to do so. I believe my mom wore a 2 pc into her 70's! She's 85 now but she just wears a one piece now but that's her decision. She still looks awesome!!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Honestly if you have to ask, maybe you shouldn't wear it. It doesn't sound like you'll be comfortable in it.

True, but you know how some say women shouldn't wear mini skirts after a certain age? Well, I guess it's kinda like that type of question.

People wouldn't be asking my age, I can guarantee it ;)
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    As long as you have a body to rock it sure , age makes no difference there are some 40 yrs olds who have great bikini bodies and some 20 yr olds who should not be wearing bikinis.

Laughing at this, because you picked such an arbitrary age, 40. I can guarantee you, though, this 59+ lady is not wearing one and haven't since I was in my 20's. Perhaps when I get down to my goal weight and points beyond, I'll consider it. I have a sister-in-law that is 61 and would look awesome in one.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I have stretch marks from my crotch to my rib cage. And you know what? I'm tired of hiding them. What right does anyone have to look with disdain on what motherhood did to my body?! I'm wearing the damn bikini. :smokin:
    I read this on a Facebook post. "You are a tiger who earned her stripes." Your post is an inspiration to me! Thanks

Aw...shucks. :blushing: Glad I could help. Now when are we going bikini shopping?!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no.™

that was an easy question. have any others?

:angry:

okok fine...

I am hoping to wear one this summer...i will be 42
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    So, just out of curiosity, this morning somewhere I saw a post in which guys were berated for wearing speedos because it made everyone else uncomfortable. Here the gals are told if YOU feel comfortable, wear what you want!

Is this a double standard, or is it a matter of different people responding?
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I wear them in spas and on the beach! he he and will be hot in one at 50!:happy:

I dont think you should wear anything. LOL
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Nope. They should stop wearing bikinis at a certain BMI.

Why? If they want to, they should be able too. If you don't like it then don't look at it.

What people wear is (or should be) based on what they are comfortable with not what spectators are comfortable with! The spectators can find something else to spectate if they don't like it!

You're right, of course. I wasn't trying to put someone down.

People should wear what they want to wear. I'm 58 and overweight. I certainly wouldn't want to subject anyone to seeing me running around in a Speedo.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

Who decides on what kind of of body should wear a bikini? IS there some sort of office I need to go to? Do I have to make an appointment before visiting said office?

I thought I could wear a bikini if I feel like wearing a bikini...

This is why we are friends! lol
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    No way...
    Theres a lady who lives at the end of my mothers street. Super sweet lady, with a super sweet dog. So she goes to the pool and walks around in her bikini during the summertime. Think she 80 something.. And I would be proud to wear a bikini and look as good as she does, when/if I reach that age. Never too old to wear a bikini.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that when you are old enough to have to roll up your body parts like a garden hose to tuck them into your bikini, you probably shouldn't wear one.