Easy at home 46 minute walk (leslie Sansone)

Options

Replies

• paulbear75
    paulbear75 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The 2nd mile of Leslie's 5 mile walk is hard, but trying to do 3 of those in a row makes me want to cry :)
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post! Is it 45 minutes?

How many times do you do this a week?
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have a DVD with 1, 2 and 3 mile walks and use them several times a week. I've been using it for a year or so and can see a big difference in my hips and legs. It is a good work out when you can't get outside.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    The 2nd mile of Leslie's 5 mile walk is hard, but trying to do 3 of those in a row makes me want to cry :)

I do 6 in a row.

I'm working my way up to 10 in a row.... it will take me almost 2.5 hours
  • paulbear75
    Options
    I'm now doing her 5 mile boost walk and it's been amazing , I do this every morning and trust me you'll feel great after every workout. Let is know what you think here is the link for the 5 mile walk http://youtu.be/ZEEOSE5dBo4

It's a little over an hour
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I bought one of her dvd. I thought I would find it boring but I actually quite enjoy it.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    Thanks for this post! Is it 45 minutes?

How many times do you do this a week?

If you do the video I put up it's 15 mins long each time. :) I do it daily.
  • paulbear75
    Options
    Can anyone recommend another great Leslie Sansone video, The 5 mile and and the 4 mile are by far her best. Thanks friends
  • coffee4me57
    coffee4me57 Posts: 195
    Options
    bump
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I have this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansones-Walk-At-Home/dp/B000QCU516/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1369480948&sr=1-1&keywords=walk+at+home+5+mile+walk

Do you think this is her most challenging? I have the 3 mile with belt also. I use the belt with this one also a bit longer than she does because my heart rate starts to drop in sections but I really like it.

Do you think she'll ever do 6? : )

I also like Jessica Smith's new Walking for weight loss wellness and energy. The second half, the power walk is 30 minutes of intervals, a minute with the "advanced" person consists of jumping jacks or jog, high knees, etc. and then you cool down a bit and start a new interval...but by the time it's over, I'm sweating big time. For a change, a bit up a bump up, it was great. There are 3 people to follow though, so it's not just for more advanced walkers. It got me over a plateau last month.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    I'm up to 7 miles at a time now. Tomorrow I start on 8 in a row. Today I actually did 11 miles. 7 miles the 1st workout & then 4 for the 2nd one.
  • estherlion
    estherlion Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info!
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I have some dvds of hers that i use quite a bit. I put them in under exercise as circuit training. One has the belt, another hand weights and another the 2 lb ball. She makes the exercise fun!!! using them it helps you tighten up
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • lindseygibeault
    Options
    I have her walking DVDs with the weight belt, LOVE it!!
  • chrissyleister
    Options
    Her dvds and videos posted on her online group are my main form of exercise! Im so excited to see that someone else uses her videos too. The only I struggled with was what category to put it under for tracking purposes.At first I put it under walking but then after thinking it about it it seems to be more of low impact aerobics. Any thoughts?
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I use low impact aerobics...it's not actually walking throughout and at what speed? Interval workouts I used for ones that constantly change from cardio to weight/muscle work. Others might do differently.
  • tuathanari
    tuathanari Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just tried this for the first time today, loved it!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I use low impact aerobics...it's not actually walking throughout and at what speed? Interval workouts I used for ones that constantly change from cardio to weight/muscle work. Others might do differently.

Low impact aerobics is really close to my HRM.

You're right .... at what speed? A 15 minute mile should be 4 MPH .... and a 12 minute mile should be 5 MPH .... but at 5 MPH, that number is inflated ....I can't "walk" on a treadmill at 5 MPH .... I have to run at that speed.
  • doxie_mom_db
    Options
    Hi!

I've been on MFP before and lost 40 lbs with ease. On that journey, I learned that the constant support of people with the same challenges is vital. I couldn't have done it without them. Unfortunately, life got in the way and I gained the weight back plus some--dang it! :explode:

I looking to build a support team (just like you) that will help cheer me on when I need a boost, give me an ear to vent to, and friends to celebrate my victories with. I promise to do the same for you!

Let's do this together. We can do it! :flowerforyou:

Just send me a friend request if you are interested. (PS.... I love the Leslie Sansone walks.... I have a one, two, and three mile DVD at home!)