Am I the only one who hates Greek yogurt?

Options

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    And what's wrong with sour cream, lol. I get it most people hat greek yogurt because it's not a sugar bomb...:tongue: My go to is Liberte and it quacks like sour cream and taste damn fine. :happy:
  • gingersnaps828
    Options
    bump
  • trb85
    trb85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't like any yogurt. I tried Greek, and it just tastes like sour cream. So now I use it as a substitute. My family can't tell the difference between plain Greek yogurt and sour cream on tacos or in recipes.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I love the creamy texture, but I hate that it is almost always fat free. I have seen some with fat, but it never in a flavor I would like. I think the greek yogurt thing has gotten out of hand.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    for anyone living in the Gulf or any other country where you can get Almarai dairy, Almarai low fat labneh is much cheaper than greek yoghurt, labneh is the Arabic name for greek yoghurt, and the low fat Almarai has nearly as good macros as fage greek yoghurt. Watch the brands though, because other brands of allegedly low fat labneh have ridiculously high amounts of fat in them (I don't think there's any set standards for what can/can't be called low fat... but the Almarai one has really good macros.
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I hate yogurt, period. I can't even force myself to eat it! yuck!
  • Sactown900
    Sactown900 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I did, but now I like Fage. All the others with that much protein have whey and sugar in them. I mix mine with blue berries.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    I love the creamy texture, but I hate that it is almost always fat free. I have seen some with fat, but it never in a flavor I would like. I think the greek yogurt thing has gotten out of hand.
    What do you mean by "thing".? I've been consuming greek yogurt for years and I don't think it of it as a thing, but more of a healthful addition to my diet.
  • resistance_freak
    Options
    I like the plain full fat version WITH a packet of Splenda mixed in for flavor. Otherwise it just tastes like I'm eating plain sour cream.
  • tyresank
    tyresank Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Chobani even with the fruit added is not too bad as it used fruit juice or cane juice so the sugar is less refined. I love Fage, no fat, but then I always add a bit of Setiva or Honey to it, as I do not like it without a little something to take the sour off, but then I always put fresh fruit in mine along with Chia Seeds or Hemp hearts.
  • donna710
    donna710 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of greek yogurt but I've found the Dannon Oikos blueberry not too bad and I've started putting the vanilla and tropical flavors of Yoplait Greek 100 in my fruit smoothies. My picky 16 yr old son actually can't even tell it's in there.
  • Kayla_292to165
    Kayla_292to165 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I can't stand yogurt-Greek or otherwise. I wish I did since it seems like there are so many yummy-sounding flavors....
  • Ladyinwaiting4
    Ladyinwaiting4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    your not the only one I hate all yogurt. It tastes like sour cream that went past the expiration date by a month.
  • k8wizzo
    k8wizzo Posts: 33
    Options
    I like it as protein pudding (with peanut butter and 1/4 cup of vanilla whey). I use it in stuff (smoothies, pancakes, eggs, etc). I have yet to enjoy it on its own but I'm getting there.
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I love "normal" yogurt, hate Greek yogurt. It's the texture for me too, it's chalky to me. I tried 2 brands and couldn't even get to the third bite of the 2nd one, which was Oikos.
  • lostemt
    lostemt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I like to take the plain Greek yogurt and use it as a sub for sour cream on tacos and baked potato. Also, I add a couple of ounces to my shakes in the morning and since there is fruit in there too, you can't really taste the yogurt but it definitely makes it thicker and creamier and adds a few grams of protein. I think that the plain yogurt by itself is nasty though.

Also, I really like the Chobani greek yogurts with the fruit on the bottom. Black Cherry, Blueberry, Strawberry Banana... Once you mix the fruit in there, it doesn't taste much different than regular yogurt just thicker. It does add a lot of sugar but I still think it makes a nice snack.

I have done the same with the plain. It's so much better then sour cream and mayo.
  • fullofhope76
    Options
    Yoplait Greek honey vanilla on top of strawberries is my go-to food when I am craving sweets. I LOVE IT!!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I can do the Greek yogurt but I much prefer the creamier Australian style. I've also found that if I strain my own yogurt (put a cup of plain regular yogurt in a coffee filter, set into a strainer, set over a bowl in the refrigerator overnight), I get the thicker consistency of Greek but the texture is much more pleasant.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt seems to be one of the favorite foods in the healthy eating world and I wanted so badly to love the stuff. But I cannot stomach it- the texture makes me gag and I'm not a fan of the flavor, as it's more sour than traditional yogurt. So far I have tried the Dannon Oikos and the Yoplait Greek yogurt- but both were a no go for me. I also tried the Ben and Jerry's Frozen Green Yogurt and didn't like it as well. Maybe there is one brand that is better than all the others, but so far I have not found it.

Totally agree, they taste sour, and I have tried many different kinds. End up throwing them away, waste of money. I'll stick to my Activia or Yoplait light. Plus I get plenty of protein during the day. Which is why I think alot of people eat greek yogurt.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Absolutely loathe it. In fact I don't like any yoghurt. I did have a few WW ones -thepink grapefruit and lemon tart ones were OK - but I don't think they agreed with me as I always felt bloated after. No other dairy has that effect!