Eating pizza, pop tarts, & ice cream while losing weight

Options

Replies

• PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I've never understood why pizza and ice cream get a bad rap in the first place. Is it because people think fat make them fat? Or is just because people think anything that tastes good must be bad for them?
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I have never been a big fan of pop tarts.

That being said, all my MFP friends who read my diary know that I lost a lot of weight last fall and achieved my ideal weight while consuming tons of pizza and ice cream.

My cholesterol, blood sugar, and blood pressure numbers are all perfect.

I am getting stronger and faster every month.

Pop tarts bring back childhood memories its why I eat them!!!

I think it would be doughnuts for me and that's why I don't eat them. I was fat as a youngster.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    The OP. (Not that I don't do the same)

tumblr_m8xo9rPVYP1r4jllro1_500.gif
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I've never understood why pizza and ice cream get a bad rap in the first place. Is it because people think fat make them fat? Or is just because people think anything that tastes good must be bad for them?

Both.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

Nah. it's because if you are eating pizza and ice cream and you are overweight but losing despite this, clearly you just aren't suffering enough.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    The OP. (Not that I don't do the same)

tumblr_m8xo9rPVYP1r4jllro1_500.gif

If there wasn't a visible box of pop tarts on that table I might have taken offense.

Might.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

Nah. it's because if you are eating pizza and ice cream and you are overweight but losing despite this, clearly you just aren't suffering enough.

:laugh:
  • PetulantOne
    Options

Damnit! I knew I was doing something wrong. :laugh:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

i think you aren't far off. i think for some people who get obsessed with restricting their diet (clean/paleo/primal) or following a fad like low carb without a medical reason, the "suffering" they endure by avoiding the foods they love is a sort of penance they are doing for getting fat in the first place. there's clearly a weird mental illness dynamic at work with these people, although it may not always rise to the level of a clinical illness, but nevertheless there seem to be some funky thought processes involved and this seems to be the best explanation i can find for it so far. the weird pride they take in being able to avoid such foods backs up this hypothesis.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I'll bet a clean eater killed Krinkles the clown!

tumblr_m9osc8AAAT1r9qhhio1_500.jpg
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

i think you aren't far off. i think for some people who get obsessed with restricting their diet (clean/paleo/primal) or following a fad like low carb without a medical reason, the "suffering" they endure by avoiding the foods they love is a sort of penance they are doing for getting fat in the first place. there's clearly a weird mental illness dynamic at work with these people, although it may not always rise to the level of a clinical illness, but nevertheless there seem to be some funky thought processes involved and this seems to be the best explanation i can find for it so far. the weird pride they take in being able to avoid such foods backs up this hypothesis.

In my opinion, it's am eating disorder.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

I think there is help for that.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

Straw man syndrome. It's easier to blame something external than look at your own inability to use moderation.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Trolling then, sweetie. Glad you admitted to it. :flowerforyou:

Since when does participating in the forums amount to trolling? Because you disagree with the posts? :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Well, you said:
    Oh, I don't know, I'm bored and looking for some entertainment?

And a troll is:

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

In summary: you came in here and took up 7% of the space with your dumb argumentative and condescending posts. That, dear, is trolling :flowerforyou:
  • PetulantOne
    Options

Straw man syndrome. It's easier to blame something external than look at your own inability to use moderation.

That's a valid point too.

I tend to lose self control when it comes to potato chips. So I hardly ever eat them now. I don't run around screaming from the rooftops about how they'll give you cancer though. I accepted a long time ago that my faults are my own, so there's that too.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    page 20?

...in for the delicious carbs in a bacon & cinnamon roll!

00-bacon-cinnamon-roll.jpg
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

In my opinion, it's am eating disorder.

Next, it will show up in the DSM-VI. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: But then, childhood tantrums is considered a disorder in DSM-V. Gotta love the wannabe shrinks among us. From one shrink (I actually have a degree) to another wannabe shrink--this is total BS to apply this to people who have an honest concern about losing weight healthfully. Or is this not what this site is about?
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    page 20?

2zecz12.gif
  • PetulantOne
    Options
    page 20?

Drooool
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    This
    tumblr_mlil7gS8tG1qgf0w3o3_500.jpg