Eating pizza, pop tarts, & ice cream while losing weight

Options

Replies

• Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    In b4 90% of IIFYM dieters suffer dietary related illnesses from not paying attention to actual macros, micros, and cholesterol. LOL

Mmm, dietary cholesterol.

That's the one thing I have been going over lately. Trying to keep track of that too now. That way no one can talk down to me for eating IIFYM style.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Is how we roll.

tumblr_mlil7gS8tG1qgf0w3o2_500.jpg
  • iWaffle
    Options
    Bacon cinnamon rolls!

tumblr_mlil7gS8tG1qgf0w3o1_500.jpg
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Bacon cinnamon rolls!

Mmm....wait. No. Stahp. This dirty food...i bet it causes cancer.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I've never understood why pizza and ice cream get a bad rap in the first place. Is it because people think fat make them fat? Or is just because people think anything that tastes good must be bad for them?

Nah. it's because if you are eating pizza and ice cream and you are overweight but losing despite this, clearly you just aren't suffering enough.

i think you aren't far off. i think for some people who get obsessed with restricting their diet (clean/paleo/primal) or following a fad like low carb without a medical reason, the "suffering" they endure by avoiding the foods they love is a sort of penance they are doing for getting fat in the first place. there's clearly a weird mental illness dynamic at work with these people, although it may not always rise to the level of a clinical illness, but nevertheless there seem to be some funky thought processes involved and this seems to be the best explanation i can find for it so far. the weird pride they take in being able to avoid such foods backs up this hypothesis.

Ahh---another wannabe shrink.

unless you have a medical degree and specialized in psychiatry, you are not a shrink.

psychology is a hoax.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Trolling then, sweetie. Glad you admitted to it. :flowerforyou:

Since when does participating in the forums amount to trolling? Because you disagree with the posts? :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Well, you said:
    Oh, I don't know, I'm bored and looking for some entertainment?

And a troll is:

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

In summary: you came in here and took up 7% of the space with your dumb argumentative and condescending posts. That, dear, is trolling :flowerforyou:

Since none of that applies to me, then I guess I'm not trolling. I did NOT post anything inflammatory---I merely disagreed with the premise of the OP for SOME PEOPLE and that includes me. Nothing that I posted was off-topic nor was it intended to provoke anyone. If you feel provoked perhaps you should consult one of the wannabe shrinks here. I would be careful of slinging insults such as "In summary: you came in here and took up 7% of the space with your dumb argumentative and condescending posts." Some one might think the same of you. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Have a good evening.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I certainly didn't deprive myself when I was in weight loss mode (I tended to indulge in chocolate milk), but I did learn to really appreciate those foods that made me feel full but didn't break the caloric bank. Laying in bed and trying to sleep with a hungry stomach gets old.

I've since gone vegan, so sadly no more pop tarts for me - I will miss those, though! I may need to figure out how to make myself some vegan ones because I'm sure it can be done.

www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com has a recipe for homemade pop tarts. I haven't made it personally, but they look delicious.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    24cxocw.jpg
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    It's easy for me to eat treats in moderation because I know I can have them every day if I want. Right now in the kitchen I have TastyKakes, Chicago-style popcorn (mixed cheddar and caramel), at least two, maybe three kinds of ice cream, 3 or 4 flavors of Pop-Tarts, 3 flavors of Chex mix, a bunch of assorted Snack Pack puddings and Jello Temptations. Oh, and two flavors of Cap'n Crunch. I never lose control and binge on this stuff because it's there if I want it so I don't feel deprived.

But I used to eat a lot more of these things because I felt I was "being bad" if I indulged in a treat, so if my willpower slipped, that was it. Nom nom until the bag was empty. Or, my favorite excuse--"I have to eat it all so it's out of the house and won't tempt me any more. Then I can be good again!"

I just don't feel that way these days. Food is not the enemy. I don't have to destroy a whole package of evil nasty cookies--they can hang out and be my friends for a week or two until they're gone in a more reasonable time frame.

I agree. I eat a 1/2 cup of ice cream a day with a few pieces of candy or cookies thrown in the mix & have lost around 80-90+ pounds since September. If I gave up everything I used to like to eat I would never want to try to eat healthier in the first place.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    This
    tumblr_mlil7gS8tG1qgf0w3o3_500.jpg

Nice..I make these for my Kid. haha
    They really are greasy, I use the Already cooked bacon now.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Bacon cinnamon rolls!

Going to make these at the first fall tailgate! Thanks!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    Options
    Trolling then, sweetie. Glad you admitted to it. :flowerforyou:

Since when does participating in the forums amount to trolling? Because you disagree with the posts? :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Well, you said:
    Oh, I don't know, I'm bored and looking for some entertainment?

And a troll is:

In Internet slang, a troll (pron.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

In summary: you came in here and took up 7% of the space with your dumb argumentative and condescending posts. That, dear, is trolling :flowerforyou:

Since none of that applies to me, then I guess I'm not trolling. I did NOT post anything inflammatory---I merely disagreed with the premise of the OP for SOME PEOPLE and that includes me. Nothing that I posted was off-topic nor was it intended to provoke anyone. If you feel provoked perhaps you should consult one of the wannabe shrinks here. I would be careful of slinging insults such as "In summary: you came in here and took up 7% of the space with your dumb argumentative and condescending posts." Some one might think the same of you. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Have a good evening.

Just leaving this here...
    Delusion

In psychiatry: A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Maybe you should look at the way your approach your comments as it sure looks as though you do apply your issues globally.
    But what of the phyto-nutrients that I am bumping out of my diet in order to accommodate said ice cream? I'd rather not invite cancer into my life either, thank you very much.
    Um. Where's the fruit? Blueberries are a nutritional bonanza, by the way. Proves my point---ever wonder why the fresh fruit rots away in the frig when there are lots of Christmas cookies, etc. around at the holidays? And Cheerios! Really? You'd be much better off with a serving of steel-cut oats (they are very good, you might like them)--they are a source of beta glucans--good for the immune system. The oat flour in Cheerios is so heavily processed that the beta glucans have been removed with the bran. If not steel-cut oats, then at least oat bran is a better source of nutrition (but most oat bran products are heavily laced with sugar and salt). I could help more, but I fear that I would be wasting my time.
    No--I don't think you can make that judgment. I really don't envy anyone who abuses his/her body with food. We eat to live--not live to eat. Life is about so much more than seeking momentary pleasures. What I strongly disagree with is the assumption that everyone can and should eat in the same unhealthful way as some advocate. What we say here today will be gone tomorrow but the body, unfortunately records every slight.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    How did you people who eat so perfectly all the time end up here in the first place? Just wondering.

if you want to know, I came looking for ways to stop binging. And I was able to uncover a solution. I have not binged in about 4 months. And before you go there, my binges were sometimes on vegetables or fruit, sometimes peanut butter and potato chips, what ever was within arms reach really.

you need to lose 40lbs. in 4 months you've lost 5lbs. yet you say you came here solely to prevent binging.

seems legit.

maybe, just maybe, the reason you're binging is because of your overly restrictive diet.
    See? You know nothing about the diet I USED to follow. You know, the one that allowed a certain amount of so called treats. It was THAT which led me to binging. Have a candy bar! after all IIFYM. But then I could NOT stop eating. JUNK was triggering me to binge. My hunger has normalized, and now I can eat and not stuff myself endlessly. So, again, IF this "IIFYM" thing works for you, great! But it is not the solution for everyone. I like feeling good, not like a hungry, bloated, sluggish beached whale. Therefore I eat what makes me feel good and what tastes good to me. And about my pounds lost, I have lost in inches, but not much in pounds.

Just because you have trigger foods, does not mean everyone does. Stop projecting.
    SOOOOOO answering a question is projecting? I did not say anything about ANYONE else. I am telling what goes on with ME. Get over it.

I do not think you get the concept of projecting.

Do YOU? It is not "projecting" to state that what apparently "works" for some will not work for her. That was an unkind thing to say to her.

Oh, I missed this little gem earlier - maybe because your edited it. Yes I understand what projecting is - and *that* is not what I was referring to, which you probably know full well. There is nothing unkind about stating a fact that the person already stated., so please do not play games.

What is unkind about the statement "Just because you have trigger foods, does not mean everyone does" when they admitted to having trigger foods?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In b4 90% of IIFYM dieters suffer dietary related illnesses from not paying attention to actual macros, micros, and cholesterol. LOL

Mmm, dietary cholesterol.

That's the one thing I have been going over lately. Trying to keep track of that too now. That way no one can talk down to me for eating IIFYM style.

Except that I have yet to find any compelling reason to even monitor dietary cholesterol.
  • iWaffle
    Options
    Except that I have yet to find any compelling reason to even monitor dietary cholesterol.

I get mine tested every year or when I donate blood. It's always fine despite pizza, pop tarts, & ice cream.
  • iWaffle
    Options
    I've never understood why pizza and ice cream get a bad rap in the first place. Is it because people think fat make them fat? Or is just because people think anything that tastes good must be bad for them?

If it tastes good it has to be bad for you. These foods aren't bad so much as they're just calorie dense. You can't have unlimited amounts and stay within your goals. Some of it is fine to eat however. Everything in moderation. Well, almost everything.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    Options
    Rolling?
  • iWaffle
    Options
    I've since gone vegan, so sadly no more pop tarts for me - I will miss those, though! I may need to figure out how to make myself some vegan ones because I'm sure it can be done.
    Vegan pop tarts? If you could make those I'm sure you would earn millions. Patent that thing if you figure it out.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    Options
    20gk8k0.jpg