AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m3iuwsEoON1qeve54o1_250.gif
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts are disgusting.

Agree.

I don't have any problem with pizza or ice cream. I'm also okay with toaster strudels. I just don't understand the obsession with pop tarts. I think they are gross.

Hai five. They taste synthetic, they don't have a pleasant texture, there is no meaningful texture . . . it's basically sugar-paste puree. I've been trying to keep off baby food for years.

Why_zps3cecfa7d.gif
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

They taste synthetic, they don't have a pleasant texture, there is no meaningful texture . . . it's basically sugar-paste puree.

You say this like it's a bad thing :huh:

QOukoOA.jpg
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I also eat what I want and try to control portion sizes and eat them while also eating healthily. Luckily some of my favorite foods are considered healthy as well.

As long as it fits into my calorie intake per day, I'll eat things that aren't "clean" as well. Yes, I want to lose weight, but I also want to go out, eat foods I like, and enjoy my life.
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts are disgusting.

I second that lmao
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ltchy4iUBI1qafrh6.gif
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ltchy4iUBI1qafrh6.gif

Epic! Haha
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    is there a person left on here that doesn't know that a calorie deficit = weight loss regardless of the food choice?

these threads are so redundant

I have been on this website for over a year and a half and I have yet to see people talk about how coronary heart disease doesn't discriminate based on weight

i'm not down with policing health, i think everyone should have authority over what they want to do with their own bodies

but i don't think people who choose "healthier" options think that they have to in order to lose weight, perhaps they just appreciate plaque-free arteries ... they're probably well aware that they can eat "junk food" and still lose weight

sooo carrots or pizza, whatever floats your boat
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Followed to thread version 2.0!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    is there a person left on here that doesn't know that a calorie deficit = weight loss regardless of the food choice?

I have been on this website for over a year and a half and I have yet to see people talk about how coronary heart disease doesn't discriminate based on weight

i'm not down with policing health, i think everyone should have authority over what they want to do with their own bodies

but i don't think people who choose "healthier" options think that they have to in order to lose weight, perhaps they just appreciate plaque-free arteries ... they're probably well aware that they can eat "junk food" and still lose weight

More subtle than others have been...

...but I still see the faulty premise you sneaked into your narrative.
  • RaeLB
    Options

More subtle than others have been...

...but I still see the faulty premise you sneaked into your narrative.

point it out, i don't see it
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

The bolded statement is why threads like this get started. You can have perfectly fine arteries while having some treats a few times a week. Honestly, I started off with over 100 pounds to lose. Family with a history of CVD, high cholesterol, etc. I have perfect blood pressure, cholesterol was at 250 last time it was checked pre-lifestyle change so I was concerned about that. Last month when I had it checked during my check-up it was already down 38 points. And I eat pastas with cream sauces (with real butter), custardy desserts, pizza, ice cream, etc. as treats a couple times a week. (Some combination of these, not all of them at once obviously.)
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options

The bolded statement is why threads like this get started. You can have perfectly fine arteries while having some treats a few times a week. Honestly, I started off with over 100 pounds to lose. Family with a history of CVD, high cholesterol, etc. I have perfect blood pressure, cholesterol was at 250 last time it was checked pre-lifestyle change so I was concerned about that. Last month when I had it checked during my check-up it was already down 38 points. And I eat pastas with cream sauces (with real butter), custardy desserts, pizza, ice cream, etc. as treats a couple times a week. (Some combination of these, not all of them at once obviously.)

All they hear is: I eat "junk" food all day everyday. No one said that but that is all they hear. It is a mental disorder. : )
  • RaeLB
    Options

The thread was about how you can still eat "junk food" and lose weight. I am saying that weight loss is not the top goal for everyone. I am saying that people can take a number of different factors into consideration when choosing foods. I am not saying that everyone who eats a pint of ice cream and poptarts everyday will have heart disease. I am saying that that is the concern for some people when they are thinking about what to eat.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Somebody say Poptarts?

tumblr_mgtnlkcmdd1qfguw5o1_500.jpg
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Somebody say Poptarts?

Look at that! SIX vitamins and minerals...and yet people still put them down.
  • Codename_Duchess
    Codename_Duchess Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    Somebody say Poptarts?

:laugh: I was just thinking the same.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Somebody say Poptarts?

Exactly! Screw fat shaming, poptart shaming should be illegal
  • LAMAnRLA91909
    Options
    Very seldom do I eat Pop Tarts, but when I do I have to spread a little bit of peanut butter on them.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Somebody say Poptarts?

Gak---I've always thought the regular ones were uninteresting sweetened cardboard with break-your-teeth frosting. "Red Velvet" Pop-Tarts carries it to the next level and on to "repulsive".