BEER!!! What's your favorite LIGHT beer?? (21+ only)

Options
1235»

Replies

• rlynnehawk
    rlynnehawk Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like beer and can't have it too often or too many when I'm watching calories...so when I indulge I get Natural light and feel pampered to sit and enjoy it.
  • HappyPoet
    HappyPoet Posts: 24
    Options
    You can go here and find the calories on light beer. http://getdrunknotfat.com/. I tend to stay away from the "Lites" as they lack in flavor, but Corona Lite only has 99 cals per 12 oz. and you can kill the bitter taste with a squeeze of lime. Ex Fat Bar Tender.

Good luck!
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Real answer: guinness draught. Natty light is not fit for human consumption.
  • JamieJam1102
    JamieJam1102 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I dont mind Amstel Light, but if its available, I'll do a Sapporo Light
  • patman529
    patman529 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sam Adams Light. 119 calories
  • cms721
    cms721 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Yeunlings light - 99 calories.
  • Edmond_Dantes
    Edmond_Dantes Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Maybe not light, but Augustiner Hefeweizen is awesome. Will be in Munich in a few weeks.
  • eringreener
    eringreener Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If a beer has a light enough color to resemble a healthy urine sample then you'd probably have a hard time finding it in my fridge. IPA, Ambers, and Porters all the way for me. The more bitter the better.
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Not exactly light, but this beer is amazing! <3 St. Bernardus Abt 12
    Otherwise, Erdinger weissbier. Even better: half beer and half lemonade - HMMM!

10hm5mw.jpg
  • KarmaLaine
    KarmaLaine Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Michelob Ultra and Yuengling Light
  • eringreener
    Options
    Typically craft beers fall into the higher calorie range because of the brewing methods and ingredients to achieve those aromas, flavors, and, pallet feel. This makes me terribly sad, since I love crafts brews. Since all the calories in beer come from the malts it would make sense that beers emphasizing hops would make good low calorie options if you're not a fan of light (watery) beers. But at the same time, you need to make sure that the APV is relatively low. So it is possible to get a good craft beer under 160 calories.

Some of my favorites are:

Founder's All Day IPA (147 cal per bottle)
    Stone Levitation Ale (132 cal per bottle)
    Brasserie de la Senne (135 cal per bottle)
    Bitter American (140 cal per bottle)
  • eringreener
    Options
    Guinness is actually a pretty low cal beer. Only 125 I believe. It's the type of malt that causes the dark color, not the amount. It's great if you're not in the mood to compromise on flavor and opt for conventional light beers.
  • Edmond_Dantes
    Edmond_Dantes Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    All beer tastes like piss. I'll stick to liquor on the rare occasion that I drink.

Then you're drinking the wrong piss.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    light beer is stupid in my opinion. i end up drinking 4-5 because i never get a buzz. so basically i can drink 500 calories of light beer and feel nothing. or i can drink 2 really good heavy beers, get a decent buzz, and i'm only down 300 calories. that's my 2 cents.