I'm curious, what's your experience with Gaydar?

Options

Replies

• HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    If they don't like football they are usually gay

You mean the sport were a bunch of big guys chase down a small guy with a leather item and if they catch him they pile on him?

Whilst wearing really tight pants and shoulder pads? (very 80's!)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I just live off the assumption that all women are comfortable going both ways.
    Best for the imagination.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    If a man's gay he will wear skinny jeans, enjoy skiing, and look good in pink shirts.

I just live off the assumption that all women are comfortable going both ways.

...Are you SERIOUS?
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    You can't always tell and who gives a damn anyway!

This.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I have a "don't really care about someone's sexuality"dar...
    this^^^

Same. I only care about the sexuality of the person I'm being sexual with.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    just need something like this. in all seriousness though, im pretty good at detecting, but nobody is 100%.

GAYDAR.gif
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,301 Member
    Options
    This thread is gay.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I believe in Gaydar to a degree.

I'll cite two examples:

My sister introduced me to a so called "straight" guy, and at first sight one would assume so, but after I shook his hand I just knew he was gay. There wasn't anything that made this abundantly clear, although I told my sister that he was gay, and that I was absolutely sure of it. She insisted I was wrong.

He came out two weeks later. Boom.

Another person I met through my sister... claimed to be straight. Mmmhmm. Just something about the dude told me he was a lyin' sack of crap.

He mentioned his boyfriend on Facebook. Boom.

These are just two recent times, there have been others, as well. I have been wrong before, but not as much as I've been right. XD

The gay is contagious and you gave it to those guys. Duh! :laugh:

34fdytt.gif

p.s. Mods, I know the person and he will not be offended by my post.
    I am DEEPLY offended! >:|

... not really. XD
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have zero gaydar.

this has proved problematic at times...

oy
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My gaydar is very highly tuned. I thank growing up in theatre for it. :wink:
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    I have none. Gotta be pretty obvious for me to catch on.

Side note to fishgurumaui...you are making 45 look obscenely good lady.
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    Truthfully, thanks to The Office, whenever anybody uses the term "gaydar" all I can think of is:

tumblr_m8hl0pum2R1ravzr7o1_500.png

But really, I think it's difficult to try and determine anybody's sexuality, especially when there is so much more than just "gay or straight", y'know. But maybe I'm just saying that because whenever I'm asked about my sexuality, I'm just like "Well, um...... Well, see, I uh.... Um...."

Yeah.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter if a person is gay or straight?

Gaydar? How immature.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of you are misinterpreting the point of this. Obviously, there are many more things than just gay and straight, and obviously, you're not going to be able to "tell" 100 percent of the time. Also, no one said anything about actually giving a **** whether anyone is gay, straight, or otherwise, so all you "Who cares if they're gay?!" people can stop trying to find things to be offended about :flowerforyou:
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Man, my gaydar is soooo broken!!! I dated a guy who came out of the closet 6 months later. I also had a crush on a guy who I thought I was gonna date. We took dancing lessons together and nope, I didn't have a clue! He came out of the closet a year later!
  • constant_imrovement
    constant_imrovement Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have next to zero. If it isn't obvious, I usually can't tell
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    But really, I think it's difficult to try and determine anybody's sexuality, especially when there is so much more than just "gay or straight", y'know. But maybe I'm just saying that because whenever I'm asked about my sexuality, I'm just like "Well, um...... Well, see, I uh.... Um...."

Yeah.

Well now I'm like, WELL, what is your sexuality?! lol. I have the same reaction to this question. People assume because I am in a typical hetero relationship that I'm straight, and that is just not the case.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter if a person is gay or straight?

Gaydar? How immature.

Not to pull out the protractor and thick rimmed glasses here, but there IS actually a phenomenon of "gaydar" that's been shown in quite a few studies. Everything from how someone's eyes, mouth, etc. look, to their pheromones, can let (generally women and other gay men, in particular) someone else know another's orientation in as little as half a second.

Does it matter? Well, if you're a gay man hoping to find another gay man to be with, or a straight woman trying to find a man who'd want to procreate with you, then yeah, it would matter, wouldn't it? I don't think "gaydar" is a matter of "immaturity," it's just a slangy term for a reality of human's current evolutionary state of love and sex. Loving and accepting people no matter what they are, who they are, who they want to be with, whatever, is obviously an ultimate goal for everyone.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    I can pretty much tell either way.. It's harder for me to know if someone's bisexual though. Silly, since i'm bisexual.
  • BoneDevil
    BoneDevil Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    As a lesbian myself, I'm fairly decent at spotting other lesbians. I'm not quite as skilled with gay men, however.