I'm curious, what's your experience with Gaydar?

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...I know what you mean about sensing kids' future orientation. My sister is a teacher and gets that different vibe from a few students. One day she asked the 6-7 year-olds to call out words beginning with "G". After some kids had listed Ghost, Golf club, Giraffe, etc. one little boy suggested (in a precious voice) "The Gap?"

Stereotype alert! Not all gay males are effeminate, if that is what is being implied with "The Gap" example. Not all "fashion-conscious" males are gay. Who knows? Maybe this little kid's mom just took him to The Gap yesterday so it's fresh in his mind. That's not a very good example of "gayness" in a child, in my opinion. I'd wait to see before making any snap judgments. Let the kid figure it out himself before you start labeling, ya know?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If there's a gaydar, I don't have it.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I can tell that a woman might be gay or bi, if when I flirt with her she flirts back. And if I suspect it, I tend to flirt. It just happens. If I think they are straight I don't flirt. It's a whole different situation.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Unless someone flat out tells me that they are homosexual, I don't have a clue. But that's probably because I don't really care who's sleeping with who as long as it's with a consenting adult who is not my husband.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    My gaydar was going off when I met my last boyfriend. Skinny, awkward, liked drawing and cooking...but his personality won me over and let me tell you, he was as straight as an arrow! When my cousin met him, his gaydar was going off too. Yup.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I can tell that a woman might be gay or bi, if when I flirt with her she flirts back.

:laugh: I feel the same! But sometimes I think they are flirting with me when they're not :( I never get hit on by women anymore :sad:
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    I can tell that a woman might be gay or bi, if when I flirt with her she flirts back.

:laugh: I feel the same! But sometimes I think they are flirting with me when they're not :( I never get hit on by women anymore :sad:

How YOU doin' :wink:
  • DalekBrittany
    Options

Ahaha, thanks, pretty lady! ;D
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Ahaha, thanks, pretty lady! ;D

:smile:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I have AWESOME female gaydar, but embarrassingly non-existent male gaydar.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I've never noticed women flirting with me, except for at a gay club. There were some real cuties there-pretty much impossible not to flirt back!
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    I've never noticed women flirting with me, except for at a gay club. There were some real cuties there-pretty much impossible not to flirt back!

Well, it's about to happen! :wink: You are just insanely gorgeous!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Sexual orientation is a funny thing -- I've had sex with men who said they were gay and women who said they were straight. There are usually fun things to discover if your don't pigeon hole yourself or others.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Gaydar not good
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I THOUGHT I had good gaydar.

I have a group of gay male friends.

But

I was proven wrong when my boyfriend of 2 years was posting ads and talking to men online

:noway:

That ended rather quickly. ( The relationship)
  • estey89
    estey89 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    A Lot of people dont realize i'm a lesbian:glasses: until they see my wedding ring and ask what my husband does... I reply with well... my :love: WIFE:love: is a peace officer... their next question is ALWAYS... Are you going to have kids...???:noway:

haha:laugh:
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    A Lot of people dont realize i'm a lesbian:glasses: until they see my wedding ring and ask what my husband does... I reply with well... my :love: WIFE:love: is a peace officer... their next question is ALWAYS... Are you going to have kids...???:noway:

haha:laugh:

I'm just curious what a peace officer is :laugh:
  • estey89
    estey89 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Correctional Officer works in a Jail
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    I'm not gay, but seriously, no one can tell that my boyfriend is!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    When it starts getting hot from the Flame...I be knowin'!