Skim milk, soy milk, or almond milk?

Options

Replies

• rocky503
    rocky503 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    When I was in India I drank raw water buffalo milk. I suggest that if you can get your hands on it. I can't seem to find it in the US. :tongue:

I strongly doubt you ate true raw milk in India as in that culture it is standard to boil milk before using it in tea, yogurts etc. People there are actually a lot smarter about raw than in the west. Besides e-coli & campy the milk there is boiled to kill TB germs
  • crlyxx
    crlyxx Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I like almond milk a lot. Pretty tasty, plus it has about half the calories of skim or soy milk. I put it in my coffee, cereal, just about everything.
  • Kelly50054
    Kelly50054 Posts: 141
    Options
    Almond and Coconut Milk
  • SoVeracious
    SoVeracious Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like fat free or skim lactose free milk. I really never liked soy or almond milk and I can't stand full fat milk.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    2% baby, keep your fat intake up! Almond milk is OK. Coconut milk is good. Soy - ugg...don't like soy anything.
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    Full fat milk for me :)
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    it is irresponsible for anyone to suggest raw animal milk as an option. There is no good reasons to go that route. There is nothing special or magical about raw milk and your are playing Russian Roulette with that product. Really adult humans do not need to eat any milk products overall for health. I won't join in a debate about this but state there are people every year who suffer permanent damage with that product no matter how great the small producer is claimed to be.

Ouch.

Can of worms = opened
  • maryrx59
    maryrx59 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Full fat raw milk.

^^^^^^This^^^^^

It's illegal to purchase raw milk here in Virginia, so a lady who is teaching us about nutrition shared that she has purchased a "share" of a cow...and gets a gallon of raw milk weekly! I've got to look into that! She also emphasized that our bodies require fat to function properly...hormones, reproduction, skin, brain..etc

After I finish my skim milk, it's whole milk for me!!
  • BriHealthy150
    BriHealthy150 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I LOVE almond milk
  • savoiaS1
    savoiaS1 Posts: 129
    Options
    Skim for me. I hate almond milk.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Full fat raw milk.

^^^^^^This^^^^^

It's illegal to purchase raw milk here in Virginia, so a lady who is teaching us about nutrition shared that she has purchased a "share" of a cow...and gets a gallon of raw milk weekly! I've got to look into that! She also emphasized that our bodies require fat to function properly...hormones, reproduction, skin, brain..etc

After I finish my skim milk, it's whole milk for me!!

In my state it has to be labeled for pet consumption only, so I've got wiggle room (and don't have to purchase a cow). My 'cats' sure 'go through' a lot of milk....that being said, it's worth the trouble to get.
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I drink soy milk when I start having issues with my dairy allergy. So I suppose it's okay.
  • dieKriegerin77
    Options
    almond/coconut milk blend tastes fantastic!
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk from Silk has limited additives and is only 35 calories a serving. So, if you're looking to cut calories or avoid dairy, that's my choice. It goes very well in cereal and coffee. My boyfriend is not dieting but he fell in love with almond milk after I introduced him :)

Another bonus is you can easily make your own almond milk if you have a blender.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk period. If I do want some for a treat I get Dark Chocolate Almond Milk :)
  • blondley
    blondley Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Almond milk all the way! Sweetened, unsweetened, vanilla, chocolate, coconut, plain... I really do love them all. I'm pretty loyal to the Blue Diamond brand. I have never really drank cows milk, so it was weird to have cereal with milk - but now I love it!

I mostly used it for cereal/smoothies... but I added some vanilla almond milk into my usual - black coffee - today, and it was great.
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    Almond milk is the healthiest option.. Cows milk has to much sugar, soy is a good option as well
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Almond milk tastes best. It's the only milk I drink.
    Soy milk is alright but I hate its flavor.
    I refuse to drink blood and pus found within animal milk.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    ...except that I already said raw milk, so yes at least one of the above. :laugh:

You got me there :) I was answering the subject question.
    it is irresponsible for anyone to suggest raw animal milk as an option. There is no good reasons to go that route. There is nothing special or magical about raw milk and your are playing Russian Roulette with that product. Really adult humans do not need to eat any milk products overall for health. I won't join in a debate about this but state there are people every year who suffer permanent damage with that product no matter how great the small producer is claimed to be.

Won't join the debate? How about starting a debate, because there was no debate before you posted. I, however, won't continue with your debate as it's not winnable by either side.
  • Annerk1
    Annerk1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Skim for me. I'm allergic to nuts and my body revolts if I feed it too much soy.