Replies

• jrhartley
    jrhartley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    coconut milk =)
  • donna710
    donna710 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    my son is lactose intolerant so I usually get low fat Lactaid....but I've started getting the Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened Vanilla and really like in on cereal and mixed in a portein shake.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Almond milk! Less calories and higher calcium than regular milk. Soy has been proven to supress the function of the thyroid which can hinder weight loss - and cause other problems.
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Almond milk! Less calories and higher calcium than regular milk. Soy has been proven to supress the function of the thyroid which can hinder weight loss - and cause other problems.

Never heard that about soy so I'll have to get googling! I had been on a plateau for several weeks when I started drinking it a couple of weeks ago and this week I've dropped 3lbs. Thyroid problems run in my family so I guess I'll see what happens in the coming weeks.
  • angelrosado
    angelrosado Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I go for skim/non-fat...it allows me to get about 8 grams of protein while keeping the fat and calories low which is necessary to keep me under my 1590 goal
  • StarrySkiesYvaine
    StarrySkiesYvaine Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Almond or hazelnut is my preferred choice. I try to avoid soy as much as possible. I'm veggie and limit my dairy as much as possible too - I don't agree with not eating meat then not giving a damn about dairy cattle's welfare, makes no sense to me.
  • tifferz_91
    tifferz_91 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Almond milk! Plus it's also very easy to make.

I absolutely HATE the taste of straight cow milk.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I only drink almond milk now. I havent touched cow's milk in 3 years!
  • dbabyx91
    dbabyx91 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I grew up on 2% milk, but it's really high in calorie to eat with cereal so i've just been eating dry cereal. I recently tried Blue Diamond Unsweetened Almond Breeze Vanilla for 30 cal per serving and it was great with cereal! i have never been a plain milk drinker, but i really missed a good bowl of cereal from time to time!
  • Tam2oh
    Tam2oh Posts: 27
    Options
    My thyroid is a little sluggish, so I try to limit the amount of soy I eat/drink and the amount of lactose in skim milk does not agree with me, so I am using almond milk right now. My kids and hubby drink whole milk, but drinking almond helps me save calories and fat grams to cook with butter and olive oil.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I prefer regular old cow's milk, flavor and texture-wise. Have a hard time digesting 2%, though- which is the only kind my husband and kids will touch. Don't have the budget or fridge space for two different types of milk, so I drink 2% and water it down.

<--cheapskate
  • irivas1
    irivas1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like almond milk.

Cow milk makes me fart too much.

Tee hee..:laugh: (Shhh...me too, me too!)