Cannot eat past 1,000cals

Options

Replies

• kaylabrose
    kaylabrose Posts: 71
    Options
    A banana is not lunch. You're choosing low cal foods, that's your problem. Have toast, peanut butter etc. if you seriously can't eat past 100 calories then go to a doctor.

You edited that quickly didn't you.

Caught out! haha :-)
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    You must be that magical person capable of only have that 1/2 cup serving of cereal! Seriously I can't pour myself a bowl that's less than three servings.

When you say you "can't" eat more, what does that mean?? You are literally stuffed? If your food measuring is entirely accurate, and you are way too stuffed to eat more than 1000 cals maybe see a doctor. That is abnormal. If you're saying you're CONTENT at 1000, not stuffed, just eat and extra bowl of cereal and pour some extra milk in. Problem solved!
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    If by can't you mean you are full, there are so many things you can do to add calories. I haven't looked at your diary, but you can cook lean meats in olive oil--my olive oil has I think 140 cals per serving and is full of healthy fats. Nutella, peanut butter also have healthy fats. Nuts are usually high cal and high good fat. However, if you are getting full that quickly, I recommend seeing your primary care doctor and seeing about getting a referral to a GI doctor.

If, however you mean that mentally you can't get past 1000 calories, I suggest seeing a psychologist or a therapist with a specialty in eating disorders. EDs are nothing to laugh at and they are nothing you should feel like you have to handle by yourself. It may be hard to come to terms with it because a lot of disordered behavior can seem normal to the person doing it. Sometimes it takes talking to someone and stepping outside of yourself to see what you are doing to your body. If you treat your body well, both physically and mentally, it will treat you well in return.

Either way, I recommend seeking the help of a professional. Good luck to you!
  • LittleMsEva
    LittleMsEva Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i can eat a 1000 calories for dinner no problem..

How can it be hard to eat 1000 in a day ..

How can you eat 1000 calories for dinner....

Please, What`s easy for you, may not be as easy for someone else. We`re all different.
  • LittleMsEva
    Options
    Thankyou everyone who posted, and offered me all this helpful advice, Thanks, I really appreciate it guys!
  • LittleMsEva
    Options
    There are a lot of reasons why you should eat more than 1200 calories in a day. Your age, your height, your activity. I am not sure what you want to do though? DO you want to lose weight? or what is your goal? How do you want our help? I used to do that kind of diet but I have learned my lessons.

I want to lose both weight, and fat %, and gain muscle. I am not trying to diet, I cannot physically eat a lot because i feel too full, and I`m not setting a limit of 1000 calories, it just never gets as far as that
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    You're only 18. You can choose to learn how/what to eat that will nourish you. Or you can choose to eat low-calorie, low-protein, and start yourself up on the cycle of gaining and losing and gaining again. Each time it will be harder and harder to lose weight. Because that will happen unless you choose different than what you're doing now.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Please, What`s easy for you, may not be as easy for someone else. We`re all different.

Half a medium pizza at Domino's is over 1000 calories already. That's just four slices. That's before the breadsticks and dessert. And before the soda. Three slices of pizza and a beer is 1000 calories.

Heck, a big slice of cake can be 1000 calories. A single serving of cookie dough cheesecake at The Cheescake Factory is over 1100 calories. A large ice cream shake from Coldstone is easily over 1000 calories.

A hamburger and large soda at Five Guys is over 1000 calories. That's before the fries and bacon and barbecue sauce.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Can't or don't want to?
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I will second (or third or fourth?) the advice that you talk to someone. Your eating habits appear to be disordered. Cereal is not dinner, a banana is not a meal. If you want more calories, eat more calorie-dense foods. Your self-imposed famine is what's stalling your weight-loss (and I really don't think you need to lose weight, but it's your body).
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I suggest you speak with a doctor about your eating disorder.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    GET. HELP. NOW.

Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Just grab your phone and call 800-931-2237
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary too and I am very concerned about your health. PLEASE EAT! And go see a doctor!

Good luck!
  • jqh23
    jqh23 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    1 tomato or 1 banana does not = lunch

1 meal a day does not = healthy
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    730.jpg
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

QFT.
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Do you suffer from depression? If so, then I understand how you're not able to eat more. When I get depressed, I have zero appetite for anything. I suggest you at least drink protein shakes like Muscle Milk. Also, eat celery or carrots with peanut butter or some pita with hummus/guacamole. Once you get your appetite back, then start adding some fish or lean meat.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options

Agreed. Immediately, if not sooner.
  • LittleMsEva
    Options
    Can't or don't want to?

Can`t and don`t want to, because i don`t feel hungry - especially after drinking tons of water. I tried to take advice from people, and i loved it. I got a little carried away today, ate too much, and i ending up purging the lunch I had (not intentionally) . I do not have an ED, I was only wondering if other people had a similar issue that I had
  • LittleMsEva
    Options

Half a medium pizza at Domino's is over 1000 calories already. That's just four slices. That's before the breadsticks and dessert. And before the soda. Three slices of pizza and a beer is 1000 calories.

Heck, a big slice of cake can be 1000 calories. A single serving of cookie dough cheesecake at The Cheescake Factory is over 1100 calories. A large ice cream shake from Coldstone is easily over 1000 calories.

A hamburger and large soda at Five Guys is over 1000 calories. That's before the fries and bacon and barbecue sauce.

I do not eat pizza, fast-food, eat cakes, drink sodas, and especially never drink beer or eat bacon (Im a Muslim). Maybe that`s why I cannot eat much calories in one-serving! But thanks for making it easier to understand