Cannot eat past 1,000cals

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    i can eat a 1000 calories for dinner no problem..

How can it be hard to eat 1000 in a day ..

How can you eat 1000 calories for dinner....

Please, What`s easy for you, may not be as easy for someone else. We`re all different.

Half a medium pizza at Domino's is over 1000 calories already. That's just four slices. That's before the breadsticks and dessert. And before the soda. Three slices of pizza and a beer is 1000 calories.

Heck, a big slice of cake can be 1000 calories. A single serving of cookie dough cheesecake at The Cheescake Factory is over 1100 calories. A large ice cream shake from Coldstone is easily over 1000 calories.

A hamburger and large soda at Five Guys is over 1000 calories. That's before the fries and bacon and barbecue sauce.

I do not eat pizza, fast-food, eat cakes, drink sodas, and especially never drink beer or eat bacon (Im a Muslim). Maybe that`s why I cannot eat much calories in one-serving! But thanks for making it easier to understand

You must be super super thin right now if you can't eat 1000 calories.

I will assume that you're not super super thin since you're on a website targeted towards weight loss. What you're currently doing is extraordinarily damaging to your body. You need to eat more, and you probably need to seek professional help because you clearly have a very unhealthy relationship with food.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    ate too much, and i ending up purging the lunch I had (not intentionally) . I do not have an ED, I was only wondering if other people had a similar issue that I had

You do have an eating disorder. Full stop. Purging food after you think you ate a bit too much is extremely unhealthy and maladjusted. You have an eating disorder. There are a lot of people, especially young women, who have unhealthy relationships with food and eating disorders.

The proper thing for you to do is seek the help of a professional who can help you with this.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    I also notice you had a 1000-calorie meal on May 4. Surely it can't actually be a mystery to you how people eat that much.
  • ahmadfahmy
    ahmadfahmy Posts: 214 Member
    Options

Please, What`s easy for you, may not be as easy for someone else. We`re all different.

Half a medium pizza at Domino's is over 1000 calories already. That's just four slices. That's before the breadsticks and dessert. And before the soda. Three slices of pizza and a beer is 1000 calories.

Heck, a big slice of cake can be 1000 calories. A single serving of cookie dough cheesecake at The Cheescake Factory is over 1100 calories. A large ice cream shake from Coldstone is easily over 1000 calories.

A hamburger and large soda at Five Guys is over 1000 calories. That's before the fries and bacon and barbecue sauce.

I do not eat pizza, fast-food, eat cakes, drink sodas, and especially never drink beer or eat bacon (Im a Muslim). Maybe that`s why I cannot eat much calories in one-serving! But thanks for making it easier to understand

you dont need beer and bacon to fill 1000 calories. Try dividing up 1000 calories into 5 smaller meals if you have trouble. or you can eat some really calorie dense foods like macadamia nuts, coconut oil, cheese, eggs, avocados..etc.
  • haleylj2003
    Options
    I AGREE WITH MISSY!
  • shaleyn
    shaleyn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Really? A little rice and some cereal and milk was 'too much' for lunch and made you upchuck? :huh:
  • organic0gf
    organic0gf Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I checked out your diary. I can't support the way you eat, but would like to let you know if you continue like you are, you could have heart failure by the time you are 25 (or younger). Your organs need nutrition! Get some counseling or join an ED support group.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    u look great enjoy! when the time is right your body will naturally ask for more u are only 18:) enjoy the summer!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Ugh.

Young lady, if you cannot eat past 1,000 calories per day, this means that you have undereaten for so long that your metabolism and several other critical body functions are damaged, your stomach has shrunk, and your body is rejecting more food to prevent itself from shock.

Go see a doctor.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options

I don't understand how you can calculate calories from a Five Guys burger before bacon..... :noway: The bacon should be factored in before the soda. Duh. If you don't have enough calories for both you ALWAYS GO FOR THE BACON.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I used to eat like that also, but it backfired after afew years....one day I literally woke up and couldn't stop myself ,I literally just was eating everything and couldn't stop myself..I gained 20 lbs back ...then realized that I had really messed myself up by eating so little, for so long....so now I'm stuck......I can't lose a pound!! I exercise , and eat decent but can't lose weight now....I really screwed up my metabolism ....now I'm 32, and it's difficult ....I wish I would've never restricted like that, but I was like you I didn't feel hungry ever so I thought I was okay...I woke up one day and all that changed ... So maybe try to eat a bit more now, so this won't happen to you..:)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    You only have the ability to eat 1000 or less calories, but yet you want to lose 20lbs? Those pictures don't match. Maybe talk to a mental health professional and start to find a better relationship with food and your body.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Your diary suggests you have a serious problem with your relationship with food and I would really suggest talking to someone. There are many days where you haven't even eaten 700 calories! What you are doing is not healthy. You are not getting the protein and fats that your body needs. You are not providing yourself with enough calories to keep your organs functioning properly.

Starving yourself can lead to major health problems. Your body needs fuel to keep going. Please seek help from a professional.

I am with this reply 110%
  • lausmit4477
    lausmit4477 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Could be a troll tread, could not be. Nevertheless, there is a possibly that you have an eating disorder, which is why I assume it could be one of the reasons one would post such tread.

Calorie dense foods would be your best friend. Example: Nuts, seeds, fatty fish (salmon), peanut butter, ect. You could also try to drink your calories in the form of full fat milk/dairy products.

When you restrict calories for a long period of time, your leptin levels decrease and you will also not feel hungry. It doesn't mean that you shouldn't eat. Leptin hormones play a key role in regulating energy intake and expenditure, including appetite and hunger.

More importantly, how do you feel? How is your energy on a day to day basis?

I understand that you want to make lifestyle changes and change the type of foods that you eat as well, meaning cutting out fast food, ect. However, at some point, you consumed more than what your body could use, giving you the reason to want/need to reduce your weight.

Also, with only 20 lbs to lose, you should only expect and aim for .5 lb weight loss per week.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Can't or don't want to?

Can`t and don`t want to, because i don`t feel hungry - especially after drinking tons of water. I tried to take advice from people, and i loved it. I got a little carried away today, ate too much, and i ending up purging the lunch I had (not intentionally) . I do not have an ED, I was only wondering if other people had a similar issue that I had

1c Cereal and 1c rice was too much for you at lunch and caused you to vomit? HMMMMMM bless your heart I hope you can understand what this sounds like to us. Generally those who do have the issues have either an actual physiological disease and you need to see a doctor or it is an eating disorder and you need to see a doctor.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I read what you said about not eating pork, I don't eat pork either....but maybe try something like nuts ,almonds ,etc...they are easy to eat and add on the calories you need...I know it's hard and scary to think about eating even more, when you don't feel hungry, but I promise you that if you continue , your body will rebel sooner or later...so maybe try to slowly increase calories so you don't have to go through what I went through...
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    You need to start eating more. With how much you are eating, you are going to be losing a lot of muscle mass along the way. You are not giving your body the fuel and the nutrients it needs.

If you physically can't eat more, lay off so much water. Don't drink as much if it's causing you to not want to eat. Snack throughout the day on nuts or nut butters. Small amounts of food pack a lot of calories. Drink fruit juices instead of water. Drink smoothies instead of so much water. Your body takes hydration from everything you eat and drink so you don't HAVE to consume that many glasses of water. Drink protein shakes to get some extra calories in.

You NEED to find a way to eat more. You are doing yourself more harm than good. You need to eat more.. much more than you are. If you can't, you should go see a doctor and speak with them about your diet, views on food and such. You have to find a way to get more food into your day. If 1 cup of rice or cereal or one banana causes you to feel so full you get sick you NEED to get some medical help.
  • annalovesfood
    annalovesfood Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone said this but maybe start eating some meals with your friends. Go out for dinner, make food together, have a big picnic. Maybe making food an enjoyable experience is part of the trick. Don't look at food as a chore but a social activity that brings your friends/family and you together.
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    u look great enjoy! when the time is right your body will naturally ask for more u are only 18:) enjoy the summer!

really? that's a BS answer and are only feeding the ED
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Can't or don't want to?

Can`t and don`t want to, because i don`t feel hungry - especially after drinking tons of water. I tried to take advice from people, and i loved it. I got a little carried away today, ate too much, and i ending up purging the lunch I had (not intentionally) . I do not have an ED, I was only wondering if other people had a similar issue that I had

1c Cereal and 1c rice was too much for you at lunch and caused you to vomit? HMMMMMM bless your heart I hope you can understand what this sounds like to us. Generally those who do have the issues have either an actual physiological disease and you need to see a doctor or it is an eating disorder and you need to see a doctor.

^^^