Calling all Coke Zero drinkers...

Options

Replies

• sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    like i said it doesn't cause me to over eat, If anything it stops me from over eating.

I drink 1.5+ liters of water a day on top on a can of coke zero.

Shouldn't be a problem then?

If you are drinking that much water and only 1 can of coke zero a day, I wouldnt worry about it. As someone else said, the plateau is probably coincidental - we all have/will hit at least 1 plateau on our journey, regardless of what we eat or drink.
  • snowdrop_diva
    snowdrop_diva Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    it has 0 caleries= how does it have 2 caleries when its called coke zero- wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all diet pop has 0 cals
    and fake sugar

If you read the back of a bottle of coke zero it says 2 cals.

I have a bottle of Coke Zero in front of me and it says 0 calories per bottle in several places on it. Are you sure it's Coke zero you are talking about? Or is it different in the States? (I'm in Canada)
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    http://thebodyevolutionreport.blogspot.com.au/2011/12/aspartame-and-sucralose-youre-on-trial.html

cliffs: unless you have Phenylketonuria and you are not drinking litres and litres per day, don't worry about it. Your weight loss plateau is coincidental.

However, don't give your pet rats diet coke as they "may" get cancer :laugh:

Just what a like to hear!

I can enjoy my can now :flowerforyou:
  • unFATuated
    unFATuated Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    it has 0 caleries= how does it have 2 caleries when its called coke zero- wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all diet pop has 0 cals
    and fake sugar

Diet Coke also has 2 calories. The Zero is not for calories, it's Zero SUGAR.

Personally I had a huge Diet Coke addiction. I have tried and tried to kick it and every single time it's crept it's way back into my diet. At the moment I'm 1.5 weeks off the stuff and I feel better. I was drinking masses of it though and eating heaps of sugary and salty stuff along with it.

I personally don't think that a small amount is terrible, however I will let you know that I have fatty changes in my liver - there have been links between artificial sweeteners and liver changes/damage. I think if you're drinking small amounts it's not an issue. But if you are replacing sugar then I recommend going with plant-derived natural sweetenersxylitol, stevia or agave rather than aspartame or phenylalanine.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    and fake sugar

If you read the back of a bottle of coke zero it says 2 cals.

I have a bottle of Coke Zero in front of me and it says 0 calories per bottle in several places on it. Are you sure it's Coke zero you are talking about? Or is it different in the States? (I'm in Canada)

I'm in Australia
  • gwhizeh
    gwhizeh Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I drink a can a day and have lost a slow but steady 14lbs and counting. I'll keep drinking it thanks.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    and fake sugar

Personally I had a huge Diet Coke addiction. I have tried and tried to kick it and every single time it's crept it's way back into my diet. At the moment I'm 1.5 weeks off the stuff and I feel better. I was drinking masses of it though and eating heaps of sugary and salty stuff along with it.

I personally don't think that a small amount is terrible, however I will let you know that I have fatty changes in my liver - there have been links between artificial sweeteners and liver changes/damage. I think if you're drinking small amounts it's not an issue. But if you are replacing sugar then I recommend going with plant-derived natural sweetenersxylitol, stevia or agave rather than aspartame or phenylalanine.

The rest of the Time eat eat pretty cleanly, I'm not a huge processed food fan anymore (peanut buttercups still get me though). Also if i have sugar in tea or whatever i have sugar I have never used a replacement before coke zero is just my weekness

Not long because of the low cal factor, I really just don't like regular coke either!
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    I drink a can a day and have lost a slow but steady 14lbs and couning. I'll keep drinking it thanks.

slow an steady wins the race! :drinker:
  • snowdrop_diva
    Options
    and fake sugar

In this case the Zero Is for zero calories, as that's how they advertise it on the Coke site =)http://productnutrition.thecoca-colacompany.com/products/coca-cola-zero#nutrition

Either way I totally agree with you about small amounts not being terrible. I've never tried stevia, but use agave once in a while and it's a good sweetener.

I was drinking Coke Zero off and on and still losing weight earlier on. =) So don't think it effects it too much as long as you don't over do it.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    and fake sugar

In this case the Zero Is for zero calories, as that's how they advertise it on the Coke site =)http://productnutrition.thecoca-colacompany.com/products/coca-cola-zero#nutrition

Either way I totally agree with you about small amounts not being terrible. I've never tried stevia, but use agave once in a while and it's a good sweetener.

werid

f3b88dcf-bdcf-4a18-916f-00bd486a2467_zps1edadbce.jpg
    2f0417e5-35c1-4fa7-9e3e-258b4de6bce9_zpscafe8e39.jpg
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I only drink Coke Zero once in awhile, or even just once a month, as a treat. So I should be safe there, right?
  • snowdrop_diva
    Options
    and fake sugar

werid

f3b88dcf-bdcf-4a18-916f-00bd486a2467_zps1edadbce.jpg
    2f0417e5-35c1-4fa7-9e3e-258b4de6bce9_zpscafe8e39.jpg

That is so wild! I wonder why it's different there?? That's it, I am going to start adding 2 Calories to my food list when I have a Coke Zero, just in case. I wonder if that 0 calorie Mio water enhancers are the same?
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I've drunk coke zero from day one of my journey here...... I guess then I have not lost all that weight. Some people believe any BS they are told.
  • kaylabrose
    kaylabrose Posts: 71
    Options
    Hello again ;) haha.

when I was anorexic, drunk diet coke all day every day along with 400 other calories and lost 63lbs, so I call lies on the fact it can make you gain weight, but then again I think it's impossible to gain eating 400 calories.

edit : 63lbs in three months.
  • gwhizeh
    gwhizeh Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I was just reading about the calorie thing. From what I read the formula is basically the same, but the ingredients vary by country. Something gives its an extra couple cals. Its funny though, because unless they changed it, In the US anything with 5 or less calories can be claimed as no calorie. Sorry to hijack. Nerd tip of the day.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    the reason it's different is because in the US anything less than 5cals can be labelled as zero, just like all your cooking sprays.

Australia is just a little bit more accurate :laugh:

And that's why we overtook you guys as the most obese country in the world :tongue:
  • siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    From my perspective as a nursing graduate..if you check on the nutrition label sodium and sugar has the highest numbers.sodium causes water retention specially to us dieters who tends to drink alot of water and can make you gain weight.. also goes with sugar too much sugar can cause you diseases like obesity which is also one of the risk factors of diabetes milletus..so most doctors recommend sugar substitute but be careful with too much sugar substitute too it can cause too much potassium - potassium also can give you heart dysrythmias if taken too much.

There is no sugar in Diet Coke.
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options
    i drink 3-7 cans a day
  • kaylabrose
    kaylabrose Posts: 71
    Options
    i drink 3-7 cans a day

dude.
    look.
    at.
    your.
    obliques.
    omg.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    I've drunk coke zero from day one of my journey here...... I guess then I have not lost all that weight. Some people believe any BS they are told.

Well i don't believe it..hence why I'm asking!