You know you're fat when...

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    When you have to rock back and forth to get out of bed and you end up rocking yourself back to sleep.
  • Natvee
    Natvee Posts: 65
    Options
    OMG YES!!!!!!!!!! That's one of my goals, to be able to wear high heels!!! And shop in the non-plus size section!

I'm right there with ya!
  • gino715
    gino715 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    on a jet plane and your seat belt don't reach to buckle up. Time for myfitnesspal..
  • lizfiz50
    lizfiz50 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Honestly, reading this thread has reminded me of a lot of the things i have felt or is still feeling....this thread is surprisingly inspirational to me...it has only inspired me to continue to push forward and LOSE this WEIGHT FOR GOOD!!!

Definitely!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    for me it was when I had to pause and rest at the top of the steps when carrying laundry up to put it away.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    you've lost 15 lbs and no one can tell the difference :sad:

I feel yea. I've lost 21 and no one at work has noticed, but there is a big change. Ughh! ):

25 here, and hubby still hasn't noticed. shrank out of pants and had to go rummaging in the closet for old one's from thinner days, and still nothing. planning to wear the biggest one's out with him soon and when they fall off of me in front of strangers, let's see if he notices that.
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Can't jog or run for cardio for fear of giving yourself a black eye. Don't shave above the knee because you can't really see it any way. Lol Horrible
  • gigi_RN2013
    gigi_RN2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    - when your favorite kind of pants are yoga pants
    - when your closet is full of different styles of black clothing
    - when u sit down and you can feel your rolls
    - during a work out class you're that person who can't keep up and looks like they're going to fall over
    - when u buy the same thing in diff colors because its hard to find anything that looks right on you and hides your fatness

Wow, I can go on and on and on lol .....
  • Natvee
    Options
    Honestly, reading this thread has reminded me of a lot of the things i have felt or is still feeling....this thread is surprisingly inspirational to me...it has only inspired me to continue to push forward and LOSE this WEIGHT FOR GOOD!!!

I'm glad you find it inspirational:smile:
    I'm also happy I'm not the only one who feels like this and has these fat person epiphanies. It's an awful feeling realizing you are fat, but it's nice knowing you are not alone on your journey.
  • Natvee
    Options
    - when your favorite kind of pants are yoga pants
    - when your closet is full of different styles of black clothing
    - when u sit down and you can feel your rolls
    - during a work out class you're that person who can't keep up and looks like they're going to fall over
    - when u buy the same thing in diff colors because its hard to find anything that looks right on you and hides your fatness

Wow, I can go on and on and on lol .....

I know what you mean...my list is never ending and I can relate with almost all of these :sad:
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options

i got another one that i didnt see mentioned, you go into a dressing room in the mall and cry because of how you look in the clothes or that they dont fit in the size you thought you were </3

This. I stopped buying clothes because it depressed me so much. I felt this years ago and went into denial until this year.

And here's another one: You know you're fat when you refuse to look at yourself in the mirror so you can go on pretending you are not that big. :sad: :frown:
  • Natvee
    Options

i got another one that i didnt see mentioned, you go into a dressing room in the mall and cry because of how you look in the clothes or that they dont fit in the size you thought you were </3

This. I stopped buying clothes because it depressed me so much. I felt this years ago and went into denial until this year.

And here's another one: You know you're fat when you refuse to look at yourself in the mirror so you can go on pretending you are not that big. :sad: :frown:

Oh yes! I'm the queen of denial. That's actually why I started this thread. Admitting these things helps me face facts.
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    When u hang out with your friends and they tell you to try out a new fad diet they saw on tv ... Grr
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    When all you can wear is overdosed granny panties
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    When you have to pull up your pants constantly because they fall and pinch on the belly.
    When you never wear shorts because said garment will ride up as you walk.
    When you have to suck in your stomach so it doesn't stick out further than your boobs.
    When nothing fits well and even the big stuff is tight in the worst places.
    When wearing dresses makes you look like a floral bean bag.
    When you see cellulite on your forearms.
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    People keep asking when you're due...

I've had little kids asked if there was a baby in my belly. :( so i just had to say yes....
  • eshanimongia5
    eshanimongia5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    When you hate going to a family get together because you know that everyone will talk about how big you are.
    When people say that oh you're such a nice person...if only you'd loose some weight.
    When you try on ten different outfits...just to find one that's acceptable.
  • gettinfitaus
    gettinfitaus Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    When you kids start recommending various exercise equipment that they saw on infomercials on TV.
  • gigi_RN2013
    Options
    When you hate going to a family get together because you know that everyone will talk about how big you are.
    When people say that oh you're such a nice person...if only you'd loose some weight.

You could be so pretty if u lose weight ....

I hate when people say that. Talk about rude lol
  • eshanimongia5
    eshanimongia5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

You could be so pretty if u lose weight ....

I hate when people say that. Talk about rude lol

I know right? It's like...wow. Talk about not having any feelings.