anything but fish (excluding tuna) unless cooked
  • Tme2change
    Tme2change Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    <<<< just had a rainbow roll!!! love sushi <3
  • youareorange
    youareorange Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Love sushi. All kinds. Raw fish to veggie rolls. Bring it on.
  • carissar7
    carissar7 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Love all kinds of sushi. I've been eating more and more sashimi in efforts to reduce my carb intake. I absolutely love raw fish and could eat it every single day.
  • CordyChase
    CordyChase Posts: 5
    Options
    Sushi is amazing. If I could afford it, I would have some every day, probably as lunch and again as dinner...
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I had sushi today. 1/2 of a Crunchy shrimp roll and a whole spicy salmon roll. :love: I had to after seeing this thread yesterday
  • FixItDuck
    FixItDuck Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I love love love sushi and have missed it greatly since becoming pregnant!

you could have a vegetarian? or is the idea of it just making you sick? i can imagine nori (aka seaweed) tasting very weird and smelling not nice when you are "with child" hehhe.

:)

It's the rice. Bacteria grows really well on rice and can be really harmful to the unborn baby.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options

you could have a vegetarian? or is the idea of it just making you sick? i can imagine nori (aka seaweed) tasting very weird and smelling not nice when you are "with child" hehhe.

It's the rice. Bacteria grows really well on rice and can be really harmful to the unborn baby.

noooooo way. thats like, woah.
  • JeanDescole
    JeanDescole Posts: 152
    Options
    Sake nigiri and uramaki are my faves :P
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love!

Wegmans (which is a supermarket) makes "skinny" sushi rolls -- wrapped in rice paper instead of using rice, with more fish, etc. A skinny california roll is 100 calories, and a skinny rainbow roll (big chunks of tuna, salmon, avocado) is 150. Heavenly. I will get those and maybe one serving of "real" sushi.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options

WRONG...plzgo

It's the RAW fish..... not the damn rice. IREALLYWISHPEOPLEWOULDNOTSAYTHINGSTHEY KNOWNOTHINGABOUT
  • kiwanda88
    kiwanda88 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The best I've ever felt (from food) was during two weeks when I was staying on a small island off of Okinawa and eating only local food the entire time. No maki sushi ("rolls") but lots of nigiri (fish on rice), soup at least twice a day (miso, fish head, etc.) and tons of sashimi (plan raw fish/shellfish). Since I don't speak Japanese and few of my hosts spoke any English, I generally wasn't able to learn *exactly* what I was eating most of the time, but man was it good! Other than small amounts of pork (like a tiny bit of bacon, or a pork cutlet about once a week) it was fish/shellfish, rice, and soy at every meal.

My point being: the "Okinawan diet" fad must have had some truth to it. Having access to high quality, fresh seafood at every meal certainly makes it easy and I could happily live on nothing else. Unfortunately I live in the midwest, far from the ocean, so while we make sushi at home at least once a week it's usually maki...maybe an eel roll if I have some in the freezer, but most often just shrimp and avocado since we can always get it.

I suppose the white rice isn't that great for us, but we always make a pot of miso soup too, so the meals are pretty well balanced. Yum!
  • tlr5859
    tlr5859 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    OMG, I could live on sushi! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • splashblob
    splashblob Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of Japanese food and I love sushi. ^_^ My top 3 most favorite are Ikura, Shime Saba, Tamago. :love:
  • torijd
    torijd Posts: 23
    Options
    haha i do live on sushi!
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Oh yes with spicy mayo
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I miss my sushi. I never go to the place anymore since starting working again :grumble:
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I love sushi!!!
  • ffargynnig
    ffargynnig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    love that unagi roll!