You know you're not fat anymore when...

Options

Replies

• majii13
    majii13 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When you can touch your thumb and pinky around your other wrist.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    When you no longer debate if you should get off the couch.
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I'll call this you know you don't FEEL fat anymore when... (I still have a long road ahead but so far this is what I've noticed)

*When you are trying things on (at a regular store) and you have to ask the clerk for a size smaller than what you are trying on!
    *When people start telling you how good you look and not just make a "oh you lost some weight" comment
    *When you actually WANT to take selfies in the mirror cuz you are starting to like what you see (<<<profile pic lol!)

Overall these help having a more positive image and encourage you to continue your journey!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    You can see your pudenda while standing up.
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    You fit into the size 6 "hater store that shall not be named" blue jean cut offs from Junior year of high school.
  • chelcdub
    chelcdub Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    When you no longer hide from the camera
    When you can say I need a smaller size
    When your facebook has fewer head shots than body shots.
    When you feel comfortable rocking that short hair style
  • mzteebell
    mzteebell Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You can go into a regular store and buy regular non-plus size clothes. Almost there:)
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You don't automatically go for the biggest size on the rack.

When you can walk in a skirt in 30c temperatures and you don't get a rash or chafing on your thighs.

When does this actually happen? I cannot remember wearing a skirt or a dress without shorts, nylons, or spanx underneath. I cannot wait!
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    When 50F/10C used to be your favorite weather and now you get cold at that temperature.
  • mzteebell
    mzteebell Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    When you no longer hide from the camera
    When you can say I need a smaller size
    When your facebook has fewer head shots than body shots.
    When you feel comfortable rocking that short hair style

All of the above!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    When you run into an X employee that work for you
    I said Hi to her and she replied
    I don't know you lady!
    I said you worked for me for over 10 years,
    Then she was so shocked, the next question always is Have you been sick?
    I always reply,
    YES! Sick of being Fat!
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    When someone you've just met is discussing their weight problems and your comment about a healthy diet and exercise is met with this reply, "You don't know. You're skinny! You've never been fat!" :noway:

(BTW: I quickly showed them my before picture.)

I totally had this happen! I said to a lady who was ringing through my groceries "geez its so cold in here" and she said "well if you had some meat on your bones you wouldn't feel so cold"

If only she knew..
  • DeeBrownBaker
    DeeBrownBaker Posts: 145
    Options
    The last time I dieted and got down to my goal weight I did have a moment...

I walked past the mirror and caught a glance at myself - and then backtracked - staring in horror at the mirror all I could think was 'OMFG my nose is F-ing huge!!!!! When did that happen????'

After about a 10 second panic I realised that my nose had not grown, it had just unearthed itself from my previously fat smushed face.

OMG!! I looked at a picture I took today and thought..."my nose is huge!!" I guess there is a noticable difference...
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    (Men) When you are naked and look down and see a pen!s. This was a major accomplishment for me.

I say this applies to men, becuase if you are a woman and look down and see a pen!s, then being fat probably wasn't your primary issue.

this made me laugh :laugh:
  • JessicaOnKeto
    JessicaOnKeto Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm experiencing this emotional roller coaster reading through all of the replys!
    I wish to achieve every single one of your achievements!
    Except the seeing my "junk"... since I don't have one...

Anyway.. I'm still pretty "fat" at 268 pounds, but my small achievements when I finally noticed just how much I've lost from 310...

-Fitting into a restaurant booth and not having your rolls hit the table.
    -I look down and see cleavage versus belly.
    -Looser fitting clothes of course.

I will come back and comment with more once I've achieved my goal!!! :drinker:
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Well, was through my first alternating set of planks and wood chops (I do 3) and onto my second plank, when I over heard one of the ladies behind me say, "I hope she knows, she is just going to get bulky and look fat." Made me smile that someone thought I was skinny....and her ignorance had something to do with the smile too.

lol, I love this.
  • sallyrag1
    sallyrag1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    lmao - waiting for that day still!!!!:laugh:
  • rosiesmall1
    rosiesmall1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    (Men) When you are naked and look down and see a pen!s. This was a major accomplishment for me.

I say this applies to men, becuase if you are a woman and look down and see a pen!s, then being fat probably wasn't your primary issue.
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    you catch yourself doing 30ds, level 3, and your size XL shorts fall right off you when doing jumping jacks.....

when you have to move the seat in your car up & the steering wheel down.....you can sit closer & don't have the extra weight in the way!
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I cried the first time I went into a store and realized the Plus Size clothes no longer fit me correctly and the sales lady took me to the "regular" department.

I know I'm not fat anymore because I can't stop taking pictures of myself, My Vanity has shown through I guess I can say! LOL :laugh: Living almost an entire lifetime avoiding mirrors, not wearing make up, wearing baggy clothes, and refusing to let any pictures be taken of me I think I've earned the right to be proud of how I look. :flowerforyou: