You know you're not fat anymore when...

Options

Replies

• bchkn
    bchkn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    For me, it was when I laid down on my side like always and my knees rubbed together and it hurt. I now have to have something between them to stop it from hurting. This is when I truly knew I was thin..lol

I thought that was just me being weird! I'm so glad someone else has the same issue. :happy: No offense, I don't mean I'm glad your knees hurt. :tongue:
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    you dont need every one to scoot their chairs all the way in an suck their guts in so you can fit by!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    When my personal trainer and the gym owner asked if they could use my before and after pictures in their marketing material.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Never been obese or clinically overweight, but I still notice a huge difference.

- When I consider, for the first time ever, buying a bikini and actually wearing it. In public.

- When I'm trying on my clothes and realizing that everything I'm putting on is too big and looking slouchy/sloppy.

- When dropping a cup size and a band size on my bra doesn't bother me at all - because the rest of me has shrunk to match.

- I look forward to my birthday when I should be at or close to my goal weight and blowing a chunk of change on a whole new wardrobe, because I will desperately need it by then. Undergarments and all.
  • flawlezzlyimperfect
    Options
    When the panties you buy don't roll down.....:happy:
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    when you stop hoising one foot up over your knee to tie your shoes so they are tied on the insides, not on top...
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    When none of your clothes fit and you are known to your friends as the "skinny one"
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    #1 for me - When you're reading a thread about the things that made people realize they were no longer "fat" and you think "Wow, I can't wait to be where they are." And then you realize you are -- or at least very close.

And then a couple others I thought of:

-- When you are always cold because you drink so much water and no longer carry around a blubber blanket.
    -- When you realize that you spend more time worrying that you're not eating enough for how active you are than you do worrying that you're eating too much for how lazy you are.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    For me, it was when I laid down on my side like always and my knees rubbed together and it hurt. I now have to have something between them to stop it from hurting. This is when I truly knew I was thin..lol

That is so me!! I hate how hard it is to get comfortable now that I have all these boney elbows and knees :laugh:
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options

That is so me!! I hate how hard it is to get comfortable now that I have all these boney elbows and knees :laugh:

or when you sit on hard plastic chairs! its like OW MY *kitten*!
  • Shr3dded
    Shr3dded Posts: 232
    Options
    You look this great.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    When you look forward to summer just so you can show more skin!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...-- When you realize that you spend more time worrying that you're not eating enough for how active you are than you do worrying that you're eating too much for how lazy you are.

BRILLIANT! :heart:
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    You don't automatically go for the biggest size on the rack.

When you can walk in a skirt in 30c temperatures and you don't get a rash or chafing on your thighs.

When does this actually happen? I cannot remember wearing a skirt or a dress without shorts, nylons, or spanx underneath. I cannot wait!

Depends on your build, totally. I'm 172lbs and 5'7ish but I have very wide hips. My thighs were so fat when I was 240lbs I would be literally crying with pain on days like today.
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    When you run into an X employee that work for you
    I said Hi to her and she replied
    I don't know you lady!
    I said you worked for me for over 10 years,
    Then she was so shocked, the next question always is Have you been sick?
    I always reply,
    YES! Sick of being Fat!

I love this! Good for you. I must use this.
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    ...-- When you realize that you spend more time worrying that you're not eating enough for how active you are than you do worrying that you're eating too much for how lazy you are.

BRILLIANT! :heart:

Yesss!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I have another one!!

When I was in Kyoto I desperately wanted to wear a kimono. My friend and I went to a rental place and I asked the TINY (size 2 and 5ft tall) Japanese store clerk if they would have anything that would fit me.... Expecting them to say no.

She took one look at me and said "You're tall, you'll need the ones with the blue tags". There were over 20 kimono to choose from with blue tags. The blues were an "L" and they went up to an "XXL". Absolutely couldn't believe it and I found a beautiful kimono. I didn't even mind getting undressed to have them dress me! I have never been happier with my weightloss.
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    When my personal trainer and the gym owner asked if they could use my before and after pictures in their marketing material.

That's quite the compliment!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    You can watch yourself pee.

Don't judge me, just accept the truth.:bigsmile:
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    #1 for me - When you're reading a thread about the things that made people realize they were no longer "fat" and you think "Wow, I can't wait to be where they are." And then you realize you are -- or at least very close.

And then a couple others I thought of:

-- When you are always cold because you drink so much water and no longer carry around a blubber blanket.
    -- When you realize that you spend more time worrying that you're not eating enough for how active you are than you do worrying that you're eating too much for how lazy you are.

The eating one definitely!