What do you eat now that you didn't before?

Options

Replies

• Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Well, I've cut out soda, fast food, french fries, frozen dinners, and ranch dressing about 99%.

Added in Greek yogurt, real honey since they started selling it in stores again, spinach, more veggies in general, Kashi cereal, protein powder / drinks, lots of tuna and chicken, egg whites, brown rice, olive oil, skim milk, and almond milk. :)
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Bananas. I hated bananas my whole life but I've now added them to overnight oatmeal and protein breakfast drinks. I also hated oatmeal as a kid and now I eat it. I think the key is try new things once in awhile and you may find you like it even when you thought you didn't. Worse case is you still don't like it. No biggie. :happy:
  • cosmic8o8
    cosmic8o8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Celery, greek yogurt, and tilapia.
  • cople1al
    cople1al Posts: 1
    Options
    Throughout my journey I have been doing a few different "types of diets:" solely calorie restricting, and then Modified Paleo and Low Carb/High Fat. They have became lifestyle changes for me because I love all the great food I can eat and not be constricted.

Foods added to my diet: quinoa, edamame, avocados, cottage cheese, spaghetti squash, zucchini, summer squash, cauliflower, almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds, Pepitas (pumpkin seeds without the shell), chia seeds, flax seeds, cooked tomatoes (it sounds weird, but I never could eat cooked tomatoes; I didn't like the texture), salmon, coconut oil, and kiwis
    For those of you not on gluten-free, Paleo, or Low Carb diets, please try quinoa, and edamame. THEY ARE DELICIOUS!

On the list to try are: eggplant, almond meal/flour, coconut flour, dates, different types of fish, scallops, and kale
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    1, ground turkey
    2. turkey hot dogs
    3. water with lemon wedges
    4. rice cakes
    5. turkey manwiches
    6 . turkey goulash
    7. turkey burgers
    8, coffee
  • cmcis
    cmcis Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Almond milk Vanilla Flavored
    Bananas
    Peanut Butter
    Cottage Cheese (never even tried it before joining MFP)
    Strawberries (high in Vitamin C, low in calaries and inexpensive when compared to raspberries)

I used to eat a lot of fast food and coke. I have cut down significantly.
  • lafochs
    lafochs Posts: 21
    Options
    Pistachios and almonds (even make my own almond butter now), sweet potatoes, black beans, flaxseed, old fashioned oats. eggplant, protein powder and almond milk (I grew up on a farm, so this is kind of sacreligious in my family, but I love it)...I still cannot stand cottage cheese or tuna, but at least I tried!
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal. I have always hated it and I now eat it every day with fresh fruit in it. I love it now. :happy:
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, quinoa, sweet potatoes, protein powder, flax seed, pb2

I did egg whites and egg product for a while, then figured, WHY? eggs are yummy... and not horrible for you.
    Almond Milk is big on my list of things I eat now.
    spaghetti squash.
    egg roll wrappers stuffed with stuff.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, quinoa, sweet potatoes, protein powder, flax seed, pb2

I did egg whites and egg product for a while, then figured, WHY? eggs are yummy... and not horrible for you.
    Almond Milk is big on my list of things I eat now.
    spaghetti squash.
    egg roll wrappers stuffed with stuff.

I still eat yolks, but usually just one with 2-3 whites, and this is to up protein while keeping calories / fat a bit lower so I can save it for other things. Love yolks, and the health benefits. But, I also like ice cream and cookies. lol
  • southerntoni
    southerntoni Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Blueberries, pineapple, oatmeal without sugar (have always eaten it, but with lots of sugar added), baby spinach on sandwiches, dark chocolate, water with lemon, chicken noodle soup with carrots (wouldn't eat it before because of the carrots). I have also tried guacamole, sweet potato, and refried beans where I never would have before. I will try them all again, but I just don't love them yet.

I'm just getting started! I have always been very picky & am working really hard on branching out.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Peppers! I've never been a big fan of them, but I wanted to try roasting them. I had them with cottage cheese, and it was pretty good.
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's coconut flakes--thanks to a post here. Yum!!!
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts....turns out I love them!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, for one. Baked sweet potato chips for another.
  • gabrielle_eliza
    Options
    Any types of veggies! Used to hate them, especially raw. I toss em in a pan and "fry" them in their own juices - I'll usually squish the tomatoes to make a base from that. Add some seasoning and it's a bowl full of food for like 45 calories!

Yogurt and granola - the vanilla is pretty bearable

fish! a lot of tilapia and shrimp
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    So much cottage cheese... and protein bars.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese. Plain peanut butter. Avocado. Sweet potatoes. Protein shakes.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Green smoothies. I am ah-mazed at how yummy they are and how many people turn their nose up at them! They are DELISH!!

1/2 c. Greek yogurt
    1 banana
    1/2 cup frozen mixed berries/fruit (I like Walmart's pineapple/strawberry blend...)
    Handful of spinach (or other greens)

Blend

Enjoy. I personally like the nice neon green color, but if it bothers you, a 1/2 c. of blueberries will do away with it :)
  • Calm_Lotus_06
    Calm_Lotus_06 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Avocado! I never even thought about it, now I love it!!